StoneMor Reviews

Sales Manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at StoneMor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

very rewarding job, helping familys.

Cons

I have nothing good to say about the higher management

terrible managers, just want to bully and harrass you. they do whatever they can to not pay you full commission

Great Experience So Far

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company to work for. Flexible hours, two casual days a week and great support from other departments. Management works hard and assists as needed with any job functions. The company is growing quickly and there is room for advancement and growth.

Cons

Training could be improved for sure.

A very good company to work for.

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A very caring company. The company has been in the industry for a long time. Have the value to really focus on families that they serve. Opportunities throughout the company for advancement. This is a career and not just a job. Company is very welling to help with relocation. Perfect job for those who are independent

Cons

Maintenance, sales and admin needs to work together and communicate better. Takes a while to get things resolved when issues arises. There is no work-life balance for those that wants to get ahead and do a great job.

Communication is key. Sometimes there are too much on the sales team plate. Need more support

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

this company is all about the numbers, not the families

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor
    Current Employee - Family Service Counselor

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

being compassionate for families and helping them make wise decisions,

Cons

long days and always expected to work Sat & Sun's, hard to compete with managers that take all company leads, always getting threatened with termination when under budget, prices are way higher than area competitors, a lot of work for little $

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Groundskeeper  in  Granger, IN
    Former Employee - Groundskeeper in Granger, IN

I worked at StoneMor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Received adequate training for the grounds position. The work was fairly structured with good support from the superintendent. I enjoyed the autonomy to perform my duties in a manner that benefited myself and the organization.

Cons

It was hard to change the minds of upper management when an idea for improvement presented itself. Working hands-on and listening to our families, we could have adjusted our policies to better fit the staff and the people we service.

Listen to the ideas of the people who work in the day-to-day sector. Some thoughts are worth pursuing.

Liars, thieves and other shady sales people apply, you'll fit right in and probably rise to the top.

Current Employee - Sales Counselor
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor

I have been working at StoneMor full-time

Pros

Knowing I can provide stability and comfort to families who have just suffered a loss is priceless. The families need someone they count on.

Cons

A sales manager who lies and steals, does not support the sales counselors and takes every advantage to hoard leads.
    Upper management who is obsessed by getting numbers. I get that sales is numbers but people are sales, treat them as such. Salespeople are the bread and butter of any team, treat them as such. Managers should support their teams not lie, cheat and steal to line their own pockets. Mid to upper management does not care about their sales teams, they jump to conclusions and are quick to pass judgment on their staff without ever looking at the whole story. This is a revolving door company and the reasons are all listed in addition to this final fact: the families grief or financial situation better never stand in the way of a sale.

You ran Alderwood out of business, you ran Lowen Brothers out of business and now the exact same players are ruining this company, the greed and good ole boy attitude is repulsive. There is no honor among thieves, there is no support for sales staff, and their presence in our communities where the employees work and live tarnishes our reputations as community members. Try giving a crap about something other than the all mighty dollar.

Great place to work

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I feel management does a great job recognizing work/life balance. I feel supported in my position and recognized for the hard work I do. From what I have experienced personally as well as seeing it with fellow co-workers, if you show you are a person who works hard, is dedicated, and is willing to go that extra mile, you have a good chance to move up in your career at StoneMor.

Cons

Behind the times in regards to technology. Enhancing our technology could help improve in areas such as employee communication, paperwork processing, and training.

Compensation should be based on performance instead of "across the board" raises. It gives people more of an incentive to work harder and do their job more efficiently. It also provides better recognition for a job well done.

Dysfunctional Work Club Led by Unethical, Incompetent Middle Management in an Oligarchic Industry

Current Employee - Sales Counselor  in  Hamilton, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Hamilton, OH

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is the potential to make meaningful contributions to people who want and need someone who can help them make final arrangements.

Cons

The ownership and management are satisfied with mediocrity and outdated business methods; they still market, communicate, sell and service customers like they did decades ago. Company uses it`s market dominance in this oligarchic industry to exploit people and they do not care about anything but short term profit objectives. The obvious corporate strategy is to grow a profitable company for a limited period of time. The long term objective is obvious: "We don`t care about people, truth and improvements because we have short-term goals and objectives." This Company has an arrogant attitude of "privileged" and it abuses it`s power to cover-up many injustices, truths and archaic business practices.
     Unspoken corporate perception of itself: "Size and Might makes us right and you are dispensable".There is a clear attitude that "we don`t need you; but, you need us" This attitude is conveyed to employees and customers. This sense of superiority creates a corporate climate whereby many "shortcuts" and cheap alternatives are instituted because "we can". There is no leadership, no values ,no interest in the intangibles of caring and serving others. Just bottom line sales and numbers. This ignorance and exploitation has a limited and short life span.

Communicate with customers and employees. You know that there are better ways to relate to people, grow a business and make a profit. Read and learn from the thousands of new companies the past 10 years who treat customers and employees like people whom you care about. Talk to your fired employees. Why such a tremendous turnover?

Great for people who are looking for uncapped earning potential

Current Employee - Sales Counselor  in  Suitland, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Suitland, MD

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best thing about the position was being able to earn unlimited amount of commission. You also have 3 weeks paid training and they offer one of the highest commission rates in the death care industry.

Cons

The cons would be having to juggle the work life balance and it may be difficult in the beginning for those who are not used to working longer hours. But the long hours pay off when you meet with the families and are able to help them during their time of need.

get some updated sales leads, the ones we are using are outdated!

I assisted families that lost a loved one by making final burial arrangements.

Former Employee - Sales Counselor  in  Anniston, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Anniston, AL

I worked at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have lost many loved ones and I knew what the families were going through; therefore, I feel as if I was very helpful and sympathetic.

Cons

It was sometimes difficult for me not to be emotional; however, I had to be strong for the families and be as helpful as I could regarding their situation.

Worked for StoneMor? Contribute to the Community!