StoneMor

www.stonemor.com
Profile Unclaimed

Lies, betrayal, evil, greed, clueless, thieves. Pretty much sums up the upper management.

Former Employee - Grounds Crew
    Former Employee - Grounds Crew

I worked at StoneMor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to work outdoors.

Cons

They lie to you from the start. Never trust them! The pre-installs are a joke. Once you see one opened up you'll understand. They will give you any excuse they can to not give you a pay raise and they'll raise your insurance. If your in sales they'll give you 3 chances to make your quota. If you don't then you're gone. Oh and no overtime pay. Even though they charge the families. They put making money in front of servicing the families. Most management would not be considered for part time seasonal workers in my book. If the share holders knew what current and former employees knew they would drop their stock ASAP.

Sell your company. You couldn't make it as Loewen group and now you're doing pre-installs that are illegal. Well, maybe their legal in some states but I bet the state leaders have never seen one done. Learn how to treat your employees with respect and dignity. Quit thinking you're Gods.

Discriminatory, Unfair, and they don't care about you or the families

Former Employee - Family Service Counselor
    Former Employee - Family Service Counselor

I worked at StoneMor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

absolutely none. The atmosphere was predatory, there are little chance of making money because if you don't make quota one week, you are sent outside to greet customers for the next week ( punishment) Discrimination is not handled at all. Old timers get all the leads and they get the numbers. Unprofessional management with no education at all. Who can survive on $200.00 a week and they don't want you there anyway. Its all preneed and in my cemetery, graves were $23,000. In this economy? So overpriced it is insane. NO training. You cannot be an empathetic human and work here.

Cons

All of the above because there are no positives . If you are nice- stay away. All they want are numbers and they prey on the elderly to the point of harrassment. It was a hellacious experience working with monsters.

Know what you are doing and who you are hiring. Maybe these are the kind of people you want. If so, then you will retain the reputation that cemetery people are snakes.

eye opening

Former Employee - Family Service Counselor in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Family Service Counselor in Greenville, SC

I worked at StoneMor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

every week you get paid either minium pay or commision which ever is the greatest.

Cons

managers that aren't fair, steal leads, you can only turn in 40 hours a week even though you work more like 50-60 7 days a week, if you turn in more than 40 you will be written up. constant threats of losing your job, if you dont produce 16000. a month, every month. this company pays the lowest commisions of any in this area, and there are quite a few. bad behavior is from managers are praised and promoted with this company.

please are the conference calls that degrade you really needed.

Steer clear empty promises

Current Employee - Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Can write your own paycheck is you can keep your manager or other sales rep. from stealing your customers from underneath you.
    It is true the best sales people do not necessitate being the best managers.

Cons

Use of threats as motivation coming from VP down to local level management.
    Team work is non-existent. Encourage pushy sales and praying on the grief of the families, use of guilt and shame are common techniques. If you are willing to put aside integrity and ethics it would be a great place to work. New acquisitions only concern, not supporting staffing.

Learn management techniques. Remember that people have lives away from work, its not about working 7 days a week,
    Advise to board of directors: reinvest in what you already have, the administrative staff, grounds staff, grounds maintenance, fairer commissions.

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Osceola, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Osceola, IN

I worked at StoneMor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is great being able to help those through the grieving process. Most of the staff is pleasant to work with.

Cons

Impossible making sales when the manager doesn't rotate the sales in a fair manner. They were not upfront about the expectations, in which, those seem to change from day to day. There is no "open door" policy, as others who have complained about this cemetary have been fired. There is so much discourse and mania in this office it makes it impossible to fulfill planned tasks.

need to hire more competant management

My experience so far at StoneMor has been frustrating, sometimes horrific, and not at all what I thought it would be.

Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales
    Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

There is some flexibility to this job, as long as the numbers are met, and at the very least has been interesting on many levels.

Cons

The company is less about the families we are servicing and more about meeting numbers. Issues needing to be resolved are put on the back burner as selling pre-need is "more important" - according to management. There are Counselors who are family oriented and genuinely care about helping those who are grieving to make wise decisions, however most of them quit or are terminated for not being aggressive pre-need sales people. A Family Service Counselor wage is minimum wage OR commission - whichever is higher (and in most cases it's minimum wage).

Though I understand StoneMor is a business and money needs to be made, the first priority should always be the families you serve. Numbers are important, but at what sacrifice. I have heard more complaints from families than praise, and you are losing the good counselors...

A company where people are posted in high level jobs for which they donot possess the right background or qualifications

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Levittown, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Levittown, PA

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

Growth Potential in the company

Cons

A very depressing industry overall.

Conduct aptitude tests and place the RIGHT people at the RIGHT place

Sales Manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at StoneMor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

very rewarding job, helping familys.

Cons

I have nothing good to say about the higher management

terrible managers, just want to bully and harrass you. they do whatever they can to not pay you full commission

Had high hopes but very disappointed

Former Employee - Sales Counselor
    Former Employee - Sales Counselor

I worked at StoneMor full-time

Pros

Working with the families was very enjoyable. It was nice to be able to help families with some of the most difficult decisions they will ever make in life.

Cons

Long days/weeks. Hard to get day off. Always "under budget" so upper management never satisfied. Very little training provided and answer to not making sales is "sell more".

Sales and dipping into trust funds are the only focus

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working at the cemetery where I am. I feel it is a really important and meaningful job to take care of families and their loved ones. I just don't respect the corporation that manages it.

Good health insurance for full time employees

Cons

The corporation only cares about their stock holders. No raises for field employees for 2014. Even costs of living raises were not given for 2014 even though the company was profitable in 2013.

Improvement requests for our cemetery are ignored. We have to beg for any major improvements that must be done. Those requests are usually not acknowledged.

Grounds crews are only paid a bit above minimum wage for their caring and hard work.

No sick or bereavement pay for sales reps.

Regional Sales Managers need to be more motivational not threatienng.
    Corp needs to improve the properties and not just strip them of their assets.
    Let Family Service Advisers have Sundays off to spend time with their families.

StoneMor Photos