Stonebridge Companies

Navin Dimond

Front Office Manager

Former Employee - Front Office Manager
    Former Employee - Front Office Manager

I worked at Stonebridge Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The camaraderie of the on-site property team. Fantastic people to work with. Advancement opportunities were given within the company's portfolio.

Cons

Low salary, low work-life balance, very involved (micro-managing) upper management and corporate. High turnover at the manager level led to a difficulty in sustaining a team culture.

Invest in your managers - both financially and personally. During property visits, take time for encouragement and team-building instead of reading down your checklist of what's wrong. Our team should be happy to see you on-site instead of walking on eggshells.

Walk your talk -

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Stonebridge Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hospitality is defined: Showing respect for ones guest. Your associates are your " internal guests". Stonebridge needs to get a clue!

Cons

Salaried individuals are worked to death and ultimately let go without in-depth investigation of alleged performance issues. The company indicates it has strong HR policies and procedures in place. However, they did not follow these in my case. They have a terrible reputation for turnover and it is only a very small percentage of salaried associates who have worked there for longer than 3-5 yrs.

"Walk your Talk"! Long term associates who have had stellar performance, meeting or exceeding all of your performance bench marks should NOT be pushed out of the company simply because a couple of managers decide they don't like the leader. Your ability to spend the time necessary to investigate issues should go well beyond speaking to a few people. In today's work environment unless you start to care for the person who dedicates years to your organization; someone who has made a positive difference in all of the key areas of performance that you have in place to measure success; you will continue to see the "best of the best" walk the other way when your top management positions are posted for hire.

Disorganized

I worked at Stonebridge Companies (more than an year)

Pros

Worked for one of their hotels and the only thing that I can say as a positive would be their intention to remodel a tired looking property.

Cons

The place couldn't keep a GM for awhile, they couldn't get paychecks right and any discrepancies had to be handled in Colorado. They cut back on staffing which meant that we couldn't provide the kind of service that is expected from such a hotel chain.

Realize when you cut back on staff/hours, your ratings WILL suffer on websites such as TripAdvisor. Your staff will ultimately be unhappy for having to do more jobs.

Reception ambassador for Renaissance property in Denver

Current Employee - Reception Ambassador in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Reception Ambassador in Denver, CO

I have been working at Stonebridge Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The navigator program is the key to the entire operation; you get to pride yourself in your expert knowledge of Denver and get to know new places to recommend to your guests

Cons

Being a new hotel, overall organization is still being tweaked. The lack of management presence makes for a difficult workday at times. Some days, there are no managers and front desk agents are forced to take that role.

Believe in the progress of your team!

Wow, great service rewarded-not.

I have been working at Stonebridge Companies

Pros

If you can't find a job anywhere else keep looking while you work here.

Cons

Read your management contract very well. I just watched one of the few good people they hired get stiffed on his vacation pay owed when he quit. He gave them more than two weeks notice too. .

Don't understaff all the time.

Amazing Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Stonebridge Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hot growth streak, and diverse portfolio across several major markets and upscale brand partners.

Cons

the performance expectations can be high, but that helps drive success for the company and the individuals.

Run Away; Don't Even Consider

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Stonebridge Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It has been said, "you can learn something from every experience; what to do, and/or what not to do". If you accept a position with Stonebridge, it will reinforce the "what not to do".

Cons

Just ask yourself; why so much General Manager turnover? If you are of the caliber who knows the causes of this, then you know what to expect. Wish I had the knowledge of the runaway turnover before I accepted.

Why waste my time. Deaf, uncaring ears, they "keep their heads in the sand".

Out of Touch

I have been working at Stonebridge Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cant think of any Pros which is unfortunate

Cons

The company and its executives micro manage property level associates to the point of not being able to do their jobs. CEO is out of touch and does not understand the hospitality industry Stonebridge underpays associates and then wonders why there is so much turnover while not offering any training. Stay away from this company. The HR department may be the worst I have ever, ever seen.

Invest in your employees and and actually care about the well being and future. If 6 out of 6 reviews are bad, I think that in itself speak for itself. When 4 VP roles are vacant do you think those individuals were happy. All of the good ones are gone. WAKE UP!

Wow, I thought things couldn't get worse with new owners

I have been working at Stonebridge Companies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I don't see any upside for working for this company. Thank god we are a union shop for the line employees.

Cons

in 11 months of Stonebridge ownership of hotel we've had. 2 general managers, 2 executive housekeepers Two Sales, Directors 3 F&B, 2 Executive Chef, 2 HR Directors 2 assistant front office managers, Two Chief engineers

Hire people that can do the job.

micromanaged to death

Former Employee - Executive Chef
    Former Employee - Executive Chef

I worked at Stonebridge Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

some of the property level associates and managers are a pleasure to be around and are proficient in their positions

Cons

The entire company is micromanaged... from the corporate office, to the property level managers. Corporate hires upper level management that are usually incapable of doing their jobs so that they can pay less than the industry standard in the area, all in an effort to put more money in Navin's pocket. This results in upper level management hiring lower level management who are also incapable. The company has irrational demands without wanting to put out any capital to try to reach desired goals. They do not listen to recommendations and follow the theory of continuing the same actions to try to generate different results.

Hire capable managers and offer a competetive wage.