Stonebridge Companies

Stonebridge Companies President and CEO Navin Dimond

Navin Dimond

Amazing Growth Opportunities

Denver, CO

ProsHot growth streak, and diverse portfolio across several major markets and upscale brand partners.

Consthe performance expectations can be high, but that helps drive success for the company and the individuals.

Wow, great service rewarded-not.

ProsIf you can't find a job anywhere else keep looking while you work here.

ConsRead your management contract very well. I just watched one of the few good people they hired get stiffed on his vacation pay owed when he quit. He gave them more than two weeks notice too. .

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't understaff all the time.

Run Away; Don't Even Consider

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIt has been said, "you can learn something from every experience; what to do, and/or what not to do". If you accept a position with Stonebridge, it will reinforce the "what not to do".

ConsJust ask yourself; why so much General Manager turnover? If you are of the caliber who knows the causes of this, then you know what to expect. Wish I had the knowledge of the runaway turnover before I accepted.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy waste my time. Deaf, uncaring ears, they "keep their heads in the sand".

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Out of Touch

ProsCant think of any Pros which is unfortunate

ConsThe company and its executives micro manage property level associates to the point of not being able to do their jobs. CEO is out of touch and does not understand the hospitality industry Stonebridge underpays associates and then wonders why there is so much turnover while not offering any training. Stay away from this company. The HR department may be the worst I have ever, ever seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees and and actually care about the well being and future. If 6 out of 6 reviews are bad, I think that in itself speak for itself. When 4 VP roles are vacant do you think those individuals were happy. All of the good ones are gone. WAKE UP!

Wow, I thought things couldn't get worse with new owners

ProsI don't see any upside for working for this company. Thank god we are a union shop for the line employees.

Consin 11 months of Stonebridge ownership of hotel we've had. 2 general managers, 2 executive housekeepers Two Sales, Directors 3 F&B, 2 Executive Chef, 2 HR Directors 2 assistant front office managers, Two Chief engineers

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that can do the job.

micromanaged to death

Executive Chef (Former Employee)

Prossome of the property level associates and managers are a pleasure to be around and are proficient in their positions

ConsThe entire company is micromanaged... from the corporate office, to the property level managers. Corporate hires upper level management that are usually incapable of doing their jobs so that they can pay less than the industry standard in the area, all in an effort to put more money in Navin's pocket. This results in upper level management hiring lower level management who are also incapable. The company has irrational demands without wanting to put out any capital to try to reach desired goals. They do not listen to recommendations and follow the theory of continuing the same actions to try to generate different results.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire capable managers and offer a competetive wage.

Task Force Manager

Task Force Manager (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsProperty level employees are great to work with due to the mutual stuggle we all have with upper management / corporate level detached micro management style.

ConsUpper management / corporate level management are out-of-touch and detached from the property level operations. In this senerio, one would think they would extend more autonomy to the General Managers. NOT THE CASE. This makes their micro management style even more counter productive.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you hire well qualified, experienced, managers to key positions at the property level by offering adequate and competitive wages, you wouldn't have to micro manage as much. This may cost you a little more up front, but you will find it will add to your NOI year over year.

Three Ring Circus

General Manager (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsThere are some genuinely good, hard-working associates within the organization. Unfortunately, Senior Leadership doesn't care about them and/or takes advantage of them.

ConsYou are micro-managed to your breaking point. Make one mistake on a report and you'll hear about it from ten different people. Your job will be threatened if you don't perform to their expectations but don't expect any support on how to improve - only criticism. They hire people into senior leader positions who can't even write a coherent sentence or understand the operation but that person will expect you to jump through hoops like a circus poodle. Don't ever expect a pat-on-the-back or any kind of positive recognition - it doesn't happen. This company makes every effort to avoid expenses and will do it at the peril of their properties. For example, there is no capital planning - they do not have an FF&E fund for their hotels on an individual basis - rather they pool the funds and wait for an emergency. They are not associate focused. Senior leaders within the organization make unwelcome advances toward their direct reports via email and text messaging. You'll have every talking-head from the corporate office telling you how to run your business and they all have conflicting opinions. This literally is a THREE RING CIRCUS.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your associates! Hire the right people, pay them appriately, ensure that ongoing training happens. Support them and guide them. Don't micro-manage them - let them manage the business! Hire senior leaders who are SMART and who TRUE LEADERS - NOT MICROMANAGERS.

Overworked and underpaid

Property Accountant (Former Employee)
    Englewood, CO

ProsThey hire people with very little experience for substandard wages. This is a good way to get experience in the hospitality industry. They often hire people who are not qualified for their jobs and with little or no experience. Once you get in you will make a lot of mistakes and get none to very little support but you can really learn alot about the industry. It is very sink or swim and tons of overwork but you can really move up quickly as people leave the company for better paying jobs at other companies. This can allow you to get some great experience and move up the ladder more quickly.

ConsThey tend to use up people. People are constantly moving on to better paying jobs at other companies. This means that there are often voids in staff and they expect others to pitch in and get things done. It is a constant situation of understaffing. Since they don't offer standard rates of compensation positions go unfilled for long periods of time. There is not sense of urgency until the owner of the company or an investor needs information. Often the company does not pay for adequate systems or doesn't plan so after investing the minimum they have to "redo" or they run out.

Advice to Senior ManagementThings would go more smoothly if people were paid adequately and positions were staffed adequately.

Worked for Stonebridge Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stonebridge Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stonebridge Companies CEO Navin Dimond. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Stonebridge Companies employees.