Stonebridge Life Insurance

Updated June 30, 2014

2.0

Peter Gregory
1 Rating

My experience at Stone Life Insurance as has been wonderful and it educated m to want to grow.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at Stonebridge Life Insurance

Pros

The Pros to Stonebridge is that it enabled me to do what i loved to do and that is to help customers find the life coverage there family needed that they wanted.

Cons

The downsides to Stonebridge is there was no room for growth and among the customer service and managment the educaton about the procedures and products was unbalanced.

The advice I would give to the mangement would be to offer the ability to grow across the floor and never stop re-educating across the floor. And to always leave the door open to new and fresh ideas.

Had to become the type of salesperson that I hate.

Former Employee - CSSR/Licensed Agent  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - CSSR/Licensed Agent in Plano, TX

I worked at Stonebridge Life Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

They were hiring during the last recession because of their high employee turnover.

Cons

Zero sales training but they expected us to pitch to almost everybody who called customer service. Never mind it was the worst recession since the Great Depression. I was told that after 1 year I might get a better schedule. Nope, I got the worst schedule despite my stats being in the top 10%.

Management should try to reduce call center stress. One manager told me it was worse than an air traffic controller. I felt like I was helping the company exploit customers. Especially the elderly. Callers get very upset when they are harassed. Even some of your best employees experience a great deal of stress.

Coffee is for closers... But there are few closers here

Former Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Plano, TX

I worked at Stonebridge Life Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

decent pay
    benefits were good but not great
    in house cafe
    management was generally friendly
    there really are no anymore pros to list

Cons

Abuse given by customers
    advancement was a lofty dream
    terrible management

Hell

Former Employee - Cold Calling - Sales
    Former Employee - Cold Calling - Sales

I worked at Stonebridge Life Insurance

Pros

-The training was pretty good.
    -For a "just above" entry level job the pay was good and included basic health insurance.
    -Most (but not all) of the managment staff are very friendly and believe that all members of staff be treated alike.

Cons

-The telesales equipment provided was a shambles.
    -When you came to work and take your seat you'd be lucky if it wasn't leaning to the side or missing the back.
    - Headsets were awful, most of them were missing the mic tube, so your potential sales target heard everything int he background and very little of you. Management just ignored the problem if you mentioned it to them.
    -Sales targets are tricky to achieve, hence the massive staff turn-around.
    - If another member of staff wanted to get higher scores they'd mark a failed sales call as "was not at home". This meant you'd end up calling an already irate customer and if honest would mark it as failed sale if like the previous sales person mark it as "was not at home". Not a very good work ethic.

Being more interactive with staff and more responsive to queries and complaints would be useful. A more fair marking system to avoid the re-calling of customers and ensuring a good sales person is rewared.

Worked for Stonebridge Life Insurance? Contribute to the Community!