Stonebridge

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

James Ivy

Great co-workers, processes need improvement.

I have been working at Stonebridge full-time

ProsGreat co-workers, friendly environment and the company is small enough to know everyone by name. Very fast paced work environment with many opportunities to learn new technologies and take on additional responsibilities.

ConsThere is an overall lack of communication and departmental cohesiveness. Many redundant and outdated internal processes need improvement. Workload can be very heavy at times due to lack of resources.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Missing right people at the right place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Stonebridge as a contractor for less than a year

Prosdecent pay, decent bonus structure

Cons- Lack of skilled people, too many people with no hands on experience.
- Lack of approach toward project.
- Lack communication at the time of presales.

An Excellent Place to work.

IT Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stonebridge full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPeople oriented. They take care of employees. They give you the support and tools needed for success. Solid benefit package. Ability to work remotely when possible.

ConsThe company has not grown the past 5 years as much as I would have liked to have seen, but given the state of the economy during this timeframe, they are in good company.

Growing O&G consulting firm with lots of opportunities and expansion of offerings

Practice Manager (Current Employee)
Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Stonebridge full-time for more than a year

ProsStrong growth potential, expanding services, good mix of business and technical consulting offerings and internal knowledge base, strong industry relationships

ConsGrowing pains in areas such as defining changing internal processes, work weeks can be intense with client work, internal initiatives, and sales efforts

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping focus on internal change initiatives and impacts on workforce, execution on strategic vision

Human Capital is Valued

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Stonebridge full-time for more than a year

ProsStonebridge promotes a great work/life balance for its Associates by employees to work remotely when needed. Everyone promotes a "can do" and "how can I help" attitude which creates a great work environment.

ConsOn occasion deadlines can move without notice - but not an unusual situation in my area of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent with the strategic plan - your ongoing communication is greatly appreciated.

Growing company with positive strategic direction

I have been working at Stonebridge full-time

ProsSound market strategy, primary focus on growing O&G client base, lots of potential upside in the long term, great benefits package

ConsManagement-level decision making could be faster. Internal change management could be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve more people from different areas/locations in setting strategy/business direction

Once a great company to work for, quickly becoming the worst!

Houston, TX

I have been working at Stonebridge full-time

ProsI am never underutilized. That is about all I can say positive these days. I do like the CEO, (James) and CFO (Sharon) and but they have made some poor management choices for the Houston office. I can only wonder if the decisions have proved significantly more profitable for them, and is it worth it?

ConsThis was once a great company to work for where it was common to have consultants who had worked there 10 or more years. Now it is a revolving door filled with sub par consultants and contractors. SBTI can hardly can be called a consulting firm anymore, as there are as many contractors as consultants. No real IP, no real push to advance technology platforms, we have transformed into a high dollar staffing company. Most of the talented consultants have left in the last 2 years. I expect more of the same, including myself and others I speak with.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about going back to being a company with a reputation for quality work, a family culture, and employees that you retained year over year for over a decade? Are you that more profitable than you were in the last decade? You may be more profitable than 4 years ago, but so is everyone in our market. Change the management in Houston and regain your reputation with clients as a legitimate consulting firm...or don't, staffing companies are far more profitable I guess.

Review

I have been working at Stonebridge full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOpen culture of working as a team

ConsToo many internal meetings held

Micro manage, false bonus, management takes turns to drive you hard, heavy politics, pray on employee

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Stonebridge full-time for less than a year

ProsWork from home, remote work on fridays. Management is aware of new technology and what to go after. Plenty of choices to mingle and socialize. Small company, small office in houston. Fridge stocked with goodies.

ConsManagement takes turns to drive consultants really hard making them work 10 plus hours a day upto 7 days a week. Bonus is based on utilization but correct utilization is not put into the system. Dishonesty is the best policy. Clients are charged lower numbers by stealing hours from consultants. No work life balance. Micromanage, juggle multiple projects, get yelled at is the norm.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork together as a team. Not every manager for himself. Think about the consultant's health and their families. Treat others as you would want to be treated. It feels great to make people work like indentured servants. Be honest and upfront. Stop thinking about dollars and cents only.

Not a place for long-term career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Stonebridge

ProsTries to minimize travel - local clients
Consultants are friendly and professional
Back-office staff helpful and accommodating
Hard-working business development team

ConsPerformance reviews/promotions are rarely held if at all
Career development is non-existent
Compensation can be way below market rate, especially if you require a work visa
No one ever seems to be able to leave on good terms
Little job security unless you are constantly billing

Advice to Senior ManagementAs per your website, truly focus on your human capital; your consultants. Avoid shiny-object syndrome; have less unnecessary upper management; compensate your employees fairly and don't wait until they ask for a promotion; hire long term, quality consultants, not temporary bodies; avoid strictly going by dollars and cents; see the value of long term relationships; more big-picture thinking; be humble, yet fair

Worked for Stonebridge? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stonebridge reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stonebridge CEO James Ivy. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Stonebridge employees.