Stoneriver
www.stoneriver.com Oakland, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Stoneriver Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Gary Anderson

Pros:
  • "In my particular case I can work from home a lot, but they aren't allowing that as much any more"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Still a lot of dedicated people working there although a lot of good people left the company in recent years"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Been verbally abused by senior management"
    in 5 reviews
  • "I would love to have more office comradery, but unfortunately our business unit is distributed in various cities across the United States"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Pretty good company, actual work is not as great

Help Desk Customer Service (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Stoneriver full-time for more than 5 years

Pros-Health Insurance
-Dental
-401k with company match
-Opportunity for bonuses
-24/7 so many shifts available
-work from home available
-company parties and what not
-Paid time off

Cons-Very very strict
-strict business casual dress code (if you dont follow dress code you have to go home and change and use unpaid time off along with an infraction)
-You can not leave your desk unless you are: On one of your two 15 min breaks or on lunch
-If you don't meet your chosen stat level for 3 months in a row you will be terminated
- The IT dept is horrible. they expect me to know how to do all the technical stuff when i was hired on to take calls
- not much room for advancement. You can switch depts but the team leads and supervisor rarely change
- They pay is great, for only needing a GED or diploma. But For how much work they expect you to do I don;t think its worth it
-You are inbound calls and doing outbound calls for the entire 8 hour shift. There are rarely "slow" times. If they are slow you can only be "in ready" (not working on something else" for 2 mins or your supervisor will call you out
-If you are not in management you cant sit and have a conversation with your co workers. If you ARE in management you are in meetings at least once a day and spend have the meeting talking about non work related stuff
-If you clock in 1 minute late you will be considered late and if it happens 3 times you get written up
- The work is tedious. Same thing day in and day out

Advice to Senior ManagementI really do think this is a good company but there are no room for mistakes. I would like this company if it was a little more relaxed. Way to much stress for the amount I am being paid

OK company to work for if you are after a relatively stable job with decent benefits, and not much more

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Stoneriver full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPretty good benefits
Stable work environment

ConsA lot of politics for a company that size
Most engineers stuck working on yesterday's technologies
Bureaucratic and slow moving for a company that size
No investment on employees for a long time
Project managers have no leverage with the project teams (no incentives/no staffing power) nor with the client.
Different departments/teams often working in silos

Advice to Senior ManagementValue and invest on employees
Take ownership of problems

Great people to work with.

Sys Administrative (Current Employee)
Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Stoneriver full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLearning experience, great people, good environment.

ConsSteady decline the entire 3 years I worked their. Constant reductions. They seem to be following the do more with less strategy and it has affected a lot of people. Support is less than half what it was 2 years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out ways to generate more money rather than laying of year after year. Stop shipping developer jobs to Russia.

Wonderful company

Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Stoneriver full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe CEO is excellent and takes care of the employees

ConsThere are not enough growth opportunities

Very Supportive Company

Unknown (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at Stoneriver full-time for more than a year

ProsUnderstanding individuals in HR, able to take off when real emergencies occur

ConsPay, even if injured they make you work

Optimistic Outlook

Denver, CO

ProsGreat coworkers
Solid management team committed to creating a respectful and rewarding work environment
Competitive salary and benefits
Looking to improve our business and the experiece of our employees

ConsWe work hard and have multiple priorities to juggle
Our products and businesses are in very competitive spaces

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent about your decisions and on our outlook for the future

Lots of stress

I have been working at Stoneriver full-time for more than 5 years

ProsProfessional atmosphere - people are friendly even when under pressure

Conslots of stress, lots of work

Bad experience

Patient Account Representative (Current Employee)
West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Stoneriver full-time for less than a year

Prossteady paycheck and steady work

ConsAwful training management and no communication

Advice to Senior Managementget it together

Worst job of my life

Team Lead, Professional Services (Former Employee)
Oakland, CA

I worked at Stoneriver full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe work was challenging and interesting.

ConsHorrible management and HR doesn't care about employees. Did not get a pay raise for more than 4 years. Every time we merged or got acquired or spun off, the culture got worse and worse. 5 different entities in 10 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when they tell you something is wrong.

Stay away from this company!

Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee)
Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Stoneriver full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSemi-competitive pay, it's a job.

ConsOnly 2 weeks vacation regardless of experience level, unless you are management. Then you get 3. Retirement benefits are almost nothing. They really seem to be clueless about employee moral. The worst part is, senior management has the attitude that it's a good business practice to take systems that used to have 10-15 people supporting them and dwindle that down to the bare minimum 1-2 to barely meet compliance, but not address any problems.
They really are looking at things from a day to day perspective. It's sad because their customers probably have no idea how understaffed and undersupported they are. They are living off of a reputation and existing contracts for now. Many customers are getting a clue and are abandoning them. They have begun outsourcing what remains of the already extremely thin staffing levels. They have done several waves of layoffs and are pushing the work to people in Russia who have no experience or knowledge of the systems. Forget any hope at advancement, any left are lucky to even still have a job. All that will be left of this company soon are managers and Russians with no experience. Stay away from this company!

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is more to life than your bonus! I really don't know how you sleep at night knowing you are putting Americans out of work for the sole purpose of lining your own pockets. You are not adding value by laying off experts on these systems and hiring people who cannot speak english well enough to communicate and have no clue where to even begin supporting these systems. You are driving this company into the ground. Reexamine your priorities!

Worked for Stoneriver? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stoneriver reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stoneriver CEO Gary Anderson. All 72 reviews posted anonymously by Stoneriver employees.