Stonewall Solutions Reviews

Reset
3.9
John Condon
1 Rating

1. Whether a customer or employee, Stonewall Solutions is a great company!

Current Employee - Project Support Representative in Pawtucket, RI
    Current Employee - Project Support Representative in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Stonewall Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Stonewall Solutions, Inc. (SWS Technologies) for around 2 years now. Honestly, just a great company in terms of work environment, product quality, and customer satisfaction. From the employee perspective, Stonewall is a wonderful employment opportunity and is extremely rewarding if you work hard and put in 100% effort. If you like to be a part of team and really want to enjoy the work that you are doing, then there's no better place than Stonewall. The work environment is enjoyable but challenging and one's success is truly dependent on one's efforts. It is a place where one is awarded for accomplishments but also held accountable for actions. The Stonewall team is determined, driven, and focused when it comes to every aspect of the job. Basically, if you are looking for a rewarding line of work and believe in earning your paycheck, then look no further. The job requires diligence and is simply no place for anyone looking to do the bare minimum. The management here gives employees every chance to succeed and I am so glad I took my chance!

Cons

The only cons are occasional long days, but the management is flexible and some projects can be worked on from home as long as the same standards can be met.

Jan 29, 2015 – President

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback and will continue to strive to make Stonewall a better place for our employees and our customers.

2. If you give SWS 110% you will gain even more!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Providence, RI

I have been working at Stonewall Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SWS or Stonewall Solutions is a company that will require you to put your heart and soul into your work. If you do not like to work hard you will become drained and fail in this company. If you are willing to work hard you are bound for success in the company. The company is made up of a core team; developers and project managers. The developers can be timid at times but they are brilliant. The project managers are organized and work very well together. All employees are respected by one another. I started at SWS during college (as an intern) and it has been a rewarding career. I've watched my fellow classmates settle for "easy jobs" and "figuring things out" while I am in confident that this was the perfect career choice! The hard work does not go unnoticed! The President of the company allows new team members to learn on the fly and he has confidence in our work. We wear many hats, we acquire knowledge daily, and we work VERY HARD.

Cons

Long hours (sometimes), conference calls and meetings on weekends and after hours (sometimes)

Jan 29, 2015 – President

3. Long days (11 hours) and only paid for 8 of them. No travel compensation.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Woburn, MA

I worked at Stonewall Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management positions available. Most employees were young (20's-30's).

Cons

Long days. 6 days a week. Very high turnover.

Advice to Management

You guys know the deal. I worked there for a year and a half so I would have all of the typical complaints.

Jan 29, 2015 – President

I am sorry, but you have added your review to the wrong company and you didn't work at Stonewall Solutions: we have had no employee work for us for 1 1/2 years, we don't have an office where you are ... More

5. Work is great, but the environment is difficult.

I worked at Stonewall Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At a small company you have the opportunity to wear many hats and learn a lot quickly. I was able to gain many responsibilities that would have taken me years to earn in a larger firm.

Cons

There is not much respect for individuals who are not strictly technical (programmers, developers). There is also no consideration for employees life outside of work. You are expected to eat and breathe for this company, but receive no bonuses or benefits for any hard work.

Advice to Management

The day to day in the office would be much more enjoyable if management considered the quality of life for their employees.

Jan 14, 2015 – President

We respect and appreciate every employee review (past and present). We take these reviews seriously with goal of improving our employee experience. Stonewall is a small technology company in a very ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed