Stonewood Grill & Tavern

Stonewood Grill & Tavern Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Overall, it's a great restaurant with ability to make good money

Server (Former Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsMenu is relatively expensive offering steak and seafood ensuring higher check average. You can have less tables and still make great money. Your surrounding staff is typically very experienced in restaurant.

ConsManagement changed, part of the reason for leaving the company. When I visit I see new management again and it seems to have hurt their business overall. Making the restaurant not as busy. Seen regional managers visit, party and are very unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your servers and bartenders! Most of my career we had a fantastic staff - most have gone on to sales / management / and career jobs. Customers see long lasting employees and regulars want to make a connection with the front of house staff. Be more lenient and keep the faces of the restaurant longer and happier.

No quality of life

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe quality of food and beverage are excellent

ConsManagers work 60 hour weeks with no time off from November thru May in Florida. Open all holiday's except Christmas day

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that people have lives

Great menu and working environment

Server (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsShifts are evening only (only open for dinner service)
    Average shift is 4-5 hours
    Great money for the responsibility
    YoungER staff fun to work with

ConsExtensive training
    Communication issues between staff and management
    No reward for hard/good work
    No benefits
    Lack of direction from management

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with employees and reward hard work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kitchen

Sous Chef (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsYou will learn a great deal about making recipes from scratch and get a good hands on experience.

ConsThe company over the years has grown and is becoming more corporate which brings with it a lot of restrictions and routine.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe pay is what it is, but you have to really have a passion for working in the hospitality business. The role of management is more than just being in charge, this position is more for those that wish to develop young men and women into professoinal roles. Team building is an absolute must.

Fun place to work. Good exp.

Server (Former Employee) Ormond Beach, FL

ProsGood money. Good people fair.

ConsNo matter how good you are. Corporate always wins.

Poor treatment of servers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood food and short hours

ConsServers are treated as disposable, don't even bother bringing up the small sections or barriers to making a decent income to management. They will just blame it on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your front of house staff some credit for being professional; don't assume stupidity. Reward workers who show merit, not only those who drink with the managers after work.

Decent job for college student

Server (Current Employee)

ProsOnly open for dinners meaning no early work, compatable with college scheduling. Meet lots of good people. Loyal customer base.

ConsThe management can be extremely preferential at times. Low-tipping customers are pervasive. Don't even think about overtime. Hard working employees often overlooked.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and recognize and reward employees not based on time served with the company, but based on hard work ethic.

Worked for Stonewood Grill & Tavern? Contribute to the Community!