Stonewood Products Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Anthony Baroni

1. Graphic design and general works.

Former Employee - A Contract Worker and Graphic Designer in Harwich, MA
    Former Employee - A Contract Worker and Graphic Designer in Harwich, MA

I worked at Stonewood Products part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you love the comfortable building environments, this place is for you. In some occasions, we got the free meals order by our employer. They also host a cookout at the outdoor showcase front of their big and beautiful office-house building. The co-workers are friendly and work with me well.

Cons

An experience for me as a deaf person, not really fit in because of communication. They all, of course, does not know ASL, American Sign Language so we have to communicate through our smartphone devices. It is not a really an issue because I focused to work at the most of time.

2. The real story!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Harwich, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Harwich, MA

I have been working at Stonewood Products

Pros

I have been an employee of Stonewood Products for ten years this October. I am not sure about the negative reviews posted here because I fell Stonewood Products is a wonderful company to work for, providing fantastic opportunity for advancement and for achieving professional goals. Both my direct manager and the company President, are always receptive to my feedback and supportive of my decisions within the company. I have seen Stonewood Products grow from a small business with one location and a sales trailer to a wonderful business with multiple locations, new offices, and new opportunities. I look forward to continuing my career with Stonewood Products for many years to come. Take my advice, check Stonewood out!

Cons

In all honesty, I don't have any.

Total waste of time

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Harwich, MA
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Harwich, MA

I worked at Stonewood Products

Pros

Coworkers, customers, 401K, occasional free lunch.

Cons

CEO-idiot Management-incompetent and powerless Policies and procedures-constantly changing on the whims of the CEO. Did I mention that he's an idiot? Too many hockey pucks to the head perhaps. Benefits-no dental? Seriously?

Advice to Management

Develop backbones. If you keep running around in fear of your jobs and afraid to speak up and disagree with the little fella, nothing will ever improve or run smoothly.

Disorganized, lack of clear roles and responsibilities, abusive

Former Employee - Inside Sales
    Former Employee - Inside Sales

I worked at Stonewood Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved my coworkers. Great products, awesome showroom, outstanding yard. 401 K and benefits.

Cons

Complete lack of organization and clear roles and responsibilities. Your job title may say one thing, but you will be asked to do a multitude of other things that are not within the scope of your duties. During my time there I saw a salesman who was also the dispatcher for deliveries, and received no additional compensation. The sales team being asked to clean up certain areas of the yard, or property as if they are janitors. The owner makes someone come up every day and take his coffee mug from his desk to the sink as if he is not capable of walking 20 feet. Not enough help at all. Sales team is bogged down by incoming calls all day to handle customer service issues. Yard guys will be 3-6 pick tickets behind with angry customers who want their product. If you are capable of performing additional work you are taken advantage of and not compensated whatsoever. They make people salary so that they can have them work long hours and not pay overtime. They rotate hourly employees when they get close to 40 hours to avoid paying overtime, even if it means putting someone in a role they are not fit to complete, or sending someone home and leaving it understaffed for the rest of the day. Head of the safety commission used to drink on the job, and brag to everyone in the yard about it, but when it was brought to managements attention nothing was done. The turn over here is crazy. Longest tenured employee's who aren't in management are typically 6-8 months. Obviously, that speaks to something, and highlights the fact that management views everyone as replaceable, and therefore you are not valued as an employee. No clear set rules on how to operate on a daily basis. Constantly changing based on the owners mood. Zero training. How does someone who has only been there for a month train a new employee when they were trained by someone who had only been there for two months? Essentially, it is a dead end job.

Advice to Management

Take accountability for your screw ups, and inability to manage effectively. Don't play favorites.... replace people who aren't effectively managing. There is turnover and dissatisfaction for a reason. Don't be naive. Its not that you keep hiring the wrong people year in and out, but that the wrong people are already in charge.

Top of the line Company

Former Contractor - Web, Menu Display, Graphic Designer in Harwich, MA
    Former Contractor - Web, Menu Display, Graphic Designer in Harwich, MA

I worked at Stonewood Products as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I'm quite impressive with their place, friendly environment and especially the majesty showrooms that give people many ideas for their home's outdoor, indoor, and kitchen renovations. I was working on art and craft based projects for Stonewood Products' showrooms. My skill has been improved tremendously especially with the typographic designs for chalkboard based menu art. I am glad I able to do some typographic projects with other businesses and restaurants with the experiences I got from Stonewood Products. The co-workers, supervisors, and outdoor workers are friendly and they are willing to deal with my deafness. Not only that, I feel like I'm treated equally. Few things I miss working this place is doing art projects, excellent environment, and work with a supervisor with a great sense of humor. I would highly recommend to other hard of hearing or deaf people like me to check this place out for the firepit, kitchens counters, stones and woods home decoration products because they treated me as a deaf person well. If, I decided to move back on Cape Cod and Stonewood Products called me, I would work for this company again.

Cons

None I can think of.

Great Products but the worst job ever

I worked at Stonewood Products

Pros

A real nice niche product line. Fast paced and never a dull moment

Cons

Disorganized and never enough help. Frustration runs high on all levels including the top. Upper management asks for open and honest dialoge but does not listen.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Hire people with clear goals in mind. Communicate better with the people who are on the fromt line. Training is key.

I recommend working here if you are a go-getter, upbeat, hard worker

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harwich, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harwich, MA

I worked at Stonewood Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people to work with, knowledgeable owner, good location, beautiful office space, enough work to fill your day

Cons

there are more desks than there are employees, a few more dedicated sales reps are needed, an updated computer system would prove helpful

Advice to Management

i agree that the first review must be from a vengeful employee - the owner is willing to help anyone and everyone in the office and is good at explaining what he wants done

Great experience there..Big future but old computer system

Former Employee - Administrative in Harwich, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Harwich, MA

I worked at Stonewood Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are good and very smart people to work with, brand new building that fosters a good future, cool and interesting products, cape cod lifestyle

Cons

Computer systems need to change as they cant keep pace with changes in 21st century, also, hire a few more better employees for front end if possible ( its hard these days)

Advice to Management

Get a new computer system for more efficient processes P.S. The 1st reviewer must be angry or vengeful. The owner is helpful, and donates more to charity than anyone I know! Thanks for a great experience.

High energy, entrepreneurial, fun, and not for faint of heart and chaotic at times

Former Employee - Sales in Harwich, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Harwich, MA

I worked at Stonewood Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial Opportunity for input/change Progressive High energy

Cons

Can be a bit chaotic at times Lower pay scale (but Cape Cod life is a nice trade off) High expectations in tough labor markets

Advice to Management

More internal training as you grow. Hire people who have same pace as company execs. Had a great experience, and thank you. I would happily stay if I didnt have to move to city.

I don't know what's bigger, the owner's ego or the level of dischord

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mashpee, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mashpee, MA

I worked at Stonewood Products

Pros

Employee discount (if you need or want the products) Location Good co-workers

Cons

no communication owner runs on emotion, not thought no opportunity to advance no opportunity to "thnk" and make suggestions (they ask but they don't listen) culture allows or managers to yell & scream at workers.

Advice to Management

Take the time to learn about your staff and help them grow.

RSS Feed </> Embed