Stonewood Products

Add Photos

Anthony Baroni

Top of the line Company

Web, Menu Display, Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Harwich, MA

ProsI'm quite impressive with their place, friendly environment and especially the majesty showrooms that give people many ideas for their home's outdoor, indoor, and kitchen renovations. I was working on art and craft based projects for Stonewood Products' showrooms. My skill has been improved tremendously especially with the typographic designs for chalkboard based menu art. I am glad I able to do some typographic projects with other businesses and restaurants with the experiences I got from Stonewood Products. The co-workers, supervisors, and outdoor workers are friendly and they are willing to deal with my deafness. Not only that, I feel like I'm treated equally. Few things I miss working this place is doing art projects, excellent environment, and work with a supervisor with a great sense of humor. I would highly recommend to other hard of hearing or deaf people like me to check this place out for the firepit, kitchens counters, stones and woods home decoration products because they treated me as a deaf person well.

If, I decided to move back on Cape Cod and Stonewood Products called me, I would work for this company again.

ConsNone I can think of.

Great Products but the worst job ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA real nice niche product line. Fast paced and never a dull moment

ConsDisorganized and never enough help. Frustration runs high on all levels including the top.
    Upper management asks for open and honest dialoge but does not listen.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. Hire people with clear goals in mind. Communicate better with the people who are on the fromt line. Training is key.

I recommend working here if you are a go-getter, upbeat, hard worker

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Harwich, MA

Prosgreat people to work with, knowledgeable owner, good location, beautiful office space, enough work to fill your day

Consthere are more desks than there are employees, a few more dedicated sales reps are needed, an updated computer system would prove helpful

Advice to Senior Managementi agree that the first review must be from a vengeful employee - the owner is willing to help anyone and everyone in the office and is good at explaining what he wants done

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience there..Big future but old computer system

Administrative (Former Employee) Harwich, MA

ProsThere are good and very smart people to work with, brand new building that fosters a good future, cool and interesting products, cape cod lifestyle

ConsComputer systems need to change as they cant keep pace with changes in 21st century, also, hire a few more better employees for front end if possible ( its hard these days)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new computer system for more efficient processes
    P.S. The 1st reviewer must be angry or vengeful. The owner is helpful, and donates more to charity than anyone I know! Thanks for a great experience.

High energy, entrepreneurial, fun, and not for faint of heart and chaotic at times

Sales (Former Employee) Harwich, MA

ProsEntrepreneurial
    Opportunity for input/change
    Progressive
    High energy

ConsCan be a bit chaotic at times
    Lower pay scale (but Cape Cod life is a nice trade off)
    High expectations in tough labor markets

Advice to Senior ManagementMore internal training as you grow. Hire people who have same pace as company execs.
    Had a great experience, and thank you. I would happily stay if I didnt have to move to city.

I don't know what's bigger, the owner's ego or the level of dischord

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mashpee, MA

ProsEmployee discount (if you need or want the products)
    Location
    Good co-workers

Consno communication
    owner runs on emotion, not thought
    no opportunity to advance
    no opportunity to "thnk" and make suggestions (they ask but they don't listen)
    culture allows or managers to yell & scream at workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to learn about your staff and help them grow.

Worked for Stonewood Products? Contribute to the Community!