Stonyfield Farm

Add Photos

Gary Hirshberg

???

I have been working at Stonyfield Farm full-time for more than 5 years

Prossustainably driven company with it's values in the right place. good people,

Consinept upper management and being turned into Dannon

It may work out for some if you can deal with the main office people.

I Work Alot (Former Employee)
Manchester, NH

I worked at Stonyfield Farm full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPay is fair after many many years!

ConsDealing with most people in Corp office is a pain. Rude and they think they are the best, always looking a way to step on your toes.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with a heart, Stop selling out to make more money.

Well Organized Company with a great mission

I worked at Stonyfield Farm full-time

ProsCompany makes a great product on an amazing platform. Well organized and with great leadership and organization. They are also very safety focused

Consnone that I can think of

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Transitional time for company in dire need of lots of changes

I worked at Stonyfield Farm full-time

ProsCore basis of what the company believes in is great - go organic! Most employees are actively engaged in trying to be healthier individuals. If you try and are careful, you can actually make a real friend or two for outside the office. The product is amazing and all you can eat while in the office, discounted at their Visitor Center, free to take to your own events if you coordinate it through their program.

ConsUpper management needs A LOT of improvement, HR should encourage and work with employees more, benefits are weak, salary compensation is terrible, extremely difficult if not impossible to advance your career here, too much fear of change, employees fear giving opinions unless going along with superiors, creativity lacks so staying ahead of the curve and at the forefront of their market is impossible

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better = better quality employees = better results = better company overall
LISTEN to the employees wants needs and desires and actually make improvements

I have been working at Stonyfield Farm full-time

ProsAs one of the other reviews wrote, "social programs, very green, good to employees, lots if fun events and activities", and to top that all the free yogurt you could want. If your into the green thing, there is a lot to get involved with and is amazing! The environmental philosophy of this place should set the standard for larger corporations.

ConsIt's very frustrating when you know you can make huge impact for the better but you have to go behind the curtains to make things work. IS/IT configuration is not setup correctly, in general is very broken. Ideas are receive and ignored as it seems any change is feared and just not understood. The level of competence is at a minimum with a huge overhead.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who can make great impact, support their ideas and thoughts, accept change.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Socially, this is a nice place to work, but not so great for an IS professional

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stonyfield Farm full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStonyfield is great for social programs, very green, good to employees, lots if fun events and activities

ConsAll IS configuration and development done in Manila by inexperienced developers. Users hang on to old manual processes and don't include IS in projects. Users don't want to do testing. Very frustrating environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude IS in projects. Accept change. Staff up so people have time to work w with IS on projects.

Plant is awful, office is great

QC Technician (Former Employee)
Londonderry, NH

I worked at Stonyfield Farm full-time for more than a year

ProsYou can really get behind the product they are making and feel like you are helping the earth
Also you get free organic yogurt

ConsThe only thing that made this job bearable where all the other hard working employees who kept the plant running. The upper management seems to have no concept of what goes on in the plant and very little accommodations were made for plant workers who would be expect to work a 12.5 hour overnight shift and then attend a meeting in the morning because of course the office people could not be expected to stay late to give the instruction. Over all this was the worst place I have ever worked at, the abuses of plant employees were continuous. At one point there was not enough work so our hours were cut but we were expected to be "on call" those nights we didn't come in as it was our scheduled shift, But because we were working overnight shift this meant you needed to sleep your whole day away to be able to go in that night, and then you you'd end up sitting at home all night not getting paid and not able to do anything because it was the middle of the night. Having moved to a new company in basically the same position I see things at others companies are not comparable and this appears to be an issue unique to Stonyfield.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomeone needs to take a real hard look at the policies they have in place in the plant, frankly I think they are routinely breaking state labor laws, which really tells you something because the restrictions there are few and far between.

Great place, but needs a bit more energy

Temp (Former Employee)
Manchester, NH

I worked at Stonyfield Farm part-time for less than a year

ProsFantastic mission

ProsFree organic yogurt
Free on-site chiropractor visit
Great Green initiatives
Friendly people

ConsFrequent changes lead to focus on change implementation rather than improvement activities
Lack of competency building of shop floor employee's
Inadequate training due to time constraints

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on competency development of employees through internal and/ or external trainings. Currently people are in catch-up mode all the time rather than continual improvement mode.

Long hard and difficult

I worked at Stonyfield Farm

ProsWas good to make a healthy product. The coworkers made it a place you can deal with. Got to work in nh which is always nice.

ConsNo respect for the ones who made them what they are today. When they were building the business it was a difficult place to work. No appreciation of the ones making them all the money every week. Finally had to sell out to keep the place moving up in the profits.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to give back to the employees in any way possible where both parties can be profitable.

Worked for Stonyfield Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stonyfield Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stonyfield Farm CEO Gary Hirshberg. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Stonyfield Farm employees.