Stop & Shop

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stop & Shop President & CEO Carl Schlicker

Carl Schlicker

Pros
  • 15 hours minimum for Part-Time employees, 40 regular hours for Full-Time employees(in 28 reviews)

• Union benefits for part time workers and pretty flexible hours(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Need to make current Part time cashier full-time employees(in 26 reviews)

• Low pay, weather you have experience as a cashier or not you start off with minimum wage(in 14 reviews)

Part time employee

Clerk (Former Employee) Trumbull, CT

ProsThey do provide benefits. It is a great high school/ college job. There are small increases occasionally.

ConsThey always cut hours and only offer full time to management. The schedule changes every week and one week you can have 15 hours and the next you can have 30 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive feedback to employees in an approachable way so they can better themselves rather than nit picking everything they are doing wrong without reason

It was a fun job for my younger days

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with. Pay was okay for what I was doing.

ConsNo real cons for this

Stop & Shop Review

Front End Cashier (Current Employee) Enfield, CT

ProsIt's easy, and theirs no pressure put on you on getting things or scoring rewards for every customer ever.

ConsMorale is low, leaving people to be miserable. Basically people act like it's the worst thing to ever be there.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider making more incentives to do a good and better job, aka perks and benefits.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Had no problems working there.

Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) Westbury, NY

ProsGood benefits such as getting cheaper gas.

Conshad to pay for bakery food even though i worked there... cant even eat one cookie when i made 200.

A good honest way to make a living

Clerk/Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) East Longmeadow, MA

ProsAs a part timer you get benefits. If you like flexible hours it' the place for you. Friendly staff and can be fun at times.

ConsPay is not the greatest for the amount of work you do. Hard to get a full time position or promotion. sometimes you only get 16 hours for the week.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and act on what you're employees are telling you. They work directly with the customers and know what they want. Have enough staff on at check-out. Customers don't like to wait and you have lost some because of that.

good

Cashier (Former Employee) Amityville, NY

Prosgreat with the hours if you need certain hours . if they can give you the hours you need.

Consi feel that the mangerment need to be more rounded to all associates not just some. they should care about all the workers

Advice to Senior Managementshould keep an eye on associates but as well keep a eye on mangers.

Pharmacy Technician

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Newtown, CT

ProsMy work location was rather relaxed due to the town it was located in. Responsibilities were rather easy to manage and no undue pressure from head pharmacist or customers

ConsNo challenges except the need to stay focused and do the duties assigned to you

Advice to Senior ManagementNot the closest work environment but good starter job in high school

I was a full-time grocery clerk. Worked in multiple departments despite this designation.

Cashier/Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) Clinton, CT

ProsThe work for the most part is straightforward and mainly physical. If you enjoy working with people and interacting with shoppers then that will make the environment much more enjoyable.

ConsOften times you run into other employees who are not very motivated or who plainly don't care, and that often makes one's own job more difficult and frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementGenuine care for your employees and getting to know them makes a huge difference in workplace morale.

stupid management

Deli/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) Unionville, CT

Prossome of the employees i worked with

Consmanagement was extremely rude and inconsiderate.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was talked down to when i left. like i was suppose to stay at a p[lace that never gave me a chance. No matter how many well I did or how many times I did the full timers job and ordering when she was high on pain killers.

I enjoy working with the employee's there in every department, and management

Grocery Bagger Cart Re-triever, Customer Service (Current Employee) Holyoke, MA

ProsI like meet & greet people that come into our supermarket day in & day out

ConsWhen we get busey on the weekends & holiday's especially

Advice to Senior ManagementThey always think of us, and respect each one of us in all different departments

Worked for Stop & Shop? Contribute to the Community!