Storm Tight Windows Reviews

Updated February 21, 2015
17 reviews filtered by
3.1
Lee Brown

1. My experience working for the company has been positive and financially rewarding.

Current Employee - Marketing in Boynton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at Storm Tight Windows

Pros

I received the tools from the training sessions and resources that resulted in proven marketing strategies to build financial success.

Cons

I wish I would have started working at the company sooner.

Management does an amazing job and encourages each department to work as a team on a daily basis. With the opportunity for growth, I would not change anything.

2. Generic Products and Meatgrinder Sales

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Storm Tight Windows

Pros

I can't remember or think of a thing.

Cons

I've a successful sales career spanning over 30 years. Went to a "training" program promising pay after completion but never saw a cent even after I was taking calls/leads. Never got a check for a sale I made. Class was loaded with contradictions about warranties but mostly about canned spills that were not true. Owner a a first class jerk and a liar. I have heard him make outrageous statements and claims only to back peddle later.
    It seems to me, based on my research back then that they are using a generic product and just putting a sticker on them that says "StormTight" I quit after weeks on the road because they treat people like crap, make exaggerated claims and I met several of their customers that were not happy at all because company never made the installations right. Do yourself a favor and shop around, you'll be happier afterwards. The class I attended started with 17 people, at the finish there were less than 5 and I quit around the same time several of the other survivors did. This is why they are always hiring, constant turnover. They like to use CraigsList to hire and their statements there are all "come ons" and lies. Disgusting outfit, they really suck.

None needed, the turnover speaks for itself, only the desperate even try this place.

3. I worked sales and felt like I was slaved and on top of It they lie about pay and bonuses you will never see.

Former Employee - Sales in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Storm Tight Windows full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great presentation process if the customer doesn't fall asleep after 3-4 hours of the 10 step sales process.

Cons

Clients pay allot of money and great product. Just the owner doesn't like to pay doesn't make any sense. First they said draw for $500 for the first 4 weeks never seen that. Then they switched it to $85 an appointment which you'll be lucky to do 4 a week. Then they covered that by saying $500 retention bonus if you last 30 days you never see that. Then if they like you maybe you'll get a few more leads. Seen there top salesman leave due to the same issue there's only 1 salesman there that's been there the longest beside there trainer which is now a GM. I'm not a disgruntled at all which they always use in there defence if you can sell you will always eat. Just telling my god honest experience.

Why bother there's no management everyone is there to kiss the owners behind to keep there check coming on time. The owner runs the show and everyone else is puppets. Just pay your employees you will never maintain good ones if you don't pay them. Never seen so much turn over from different departments not just sales probably must be related to money no one is there to make friends. Still scratch my head maybe the owner doesn't pay because he owns a plane and a big house his over head and lead cost is too high. Who knows but if you don't believe me go for the job. Just better have enough money in the bank to feed your family. Cause they won't care.

5. Excellent Company

Current Employee - In House Representative
    Current Employee - In House Representative

I have been working at Storm Tight Windows full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working at Storm Tight Windows. They have educated me in both product presentation and customer service. Everyone works together to help me reach my full potential. If you put in the effort, the sky is the limit. Not only is Storm Tight Windows a great company to do business with, it is also the best company to work for.

Cons

Learning all of the product and company material can be quite a challenge.

6. You will leave and Storm Tight will owe you money that you NEVER will get back

I worked at Storm Tight Windows (more than a year)

Pros

You have a job to go to

Cons

You are not respected as an employee or a person. Owner is only concerned about himself making money not employees. Slow to pay, if at all.

Care about your employees and your customers, more that you do about yourself.

7. The Dallas office is awesome. These people care about their employee. Totally rewarding job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Storm Tight Windows full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Leadership is great. They promote from with in. I needed some time off for personal reason it was granted.
    no question asked.

Cons

Sky is the limit ,you have to decide how much money you want to make and advance it all depends on your work ethic.

always will to help with Personal growth! I know I will go far with this Company and make a lot of money.

8. So far, so good

Current Employee - Recruiter in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Storm Tight Windows full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am a new employee and I work in the Dallas office. Gary Fanelli, who is one of the owners, is very fair and honest. He treats everyone with respect. Our office works well together and we enjoy our environment.

Cons

I don't have any complaints, as of now.

No advice, as of now. I am a happy employee!

9. Do not drink the punch

I have been working at Storm Tight Windows full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are truly none. The only Pro is that the owner of the company who is belligerent, is never in the office.

Cons

The training is short and you are sent to the wolves. The company's leads are a waste of time and the marketing department is never wrong. The leads are got and set by an archaic system. There's no communication and the only chance you have to succeed is to be in someone's home who can offer you a better job somewhere else.

10. One of the Best Opportunities... if you're not afraid to work to make money.

Current Employee - Factory Representative in Boynton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Factory Representative in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at Storm Tight Windows full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to make a lot of money. People working there have proven that. Chance at ongoing training with CEO. It is invaluable. It's like going for your PhD .in sales. A responsive Ceo and other key people. Did I mention the opportunity to make a lot of money. Tremendous office support. The 'BEST' Sales Presentation I have ever seen.

Cons

If you're not willing to put in the time and all out effort..you're not going to make it. Simple.Not a place for the faint of heart. And what good salesman is???

Not much..Training could be a little more instructive. One week worth of training may be a couple of days short. I was up until 3 in the morning studying. But I knew from experience as a trainer that I had to put in this much time at home. I don't think a lot of the others will know this.

11. Fair and honest

I have been working at Storm Tight Windows full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My experience with Lee Brown and Storm Tight was a positive one. It's a very fair environment to work in.

Cons

detail OCD too much relax

Storm Tight Windows Photos