Stout Systems Reviews

John W. Stout

1. A Pleasure To Work With

Former Employee - Senior Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Developer

Pros

No pressure. They contacted me only with positions that met my criteria. Any questions they were right there. I worked with many on the staff while the interview process was underway and they all were top notch. I just can't say enough about how happy I was that Stout was the only recruitment firm I was active with. They found me the position that met every criteria I had and I couldn't be happier.

Cons

There are no cons with my experience using Stout as my recruiting firm.

2. One of the best recruitment firms I've worked with

Former Employee - Junior Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Junior Software Engineer

Pros

I wasn't really an employee of Stout's but I worked with them through their recruitment process. They kept in constant contact with me. They understood my skill level and they listened to what I was looking for in a job. They never submitted a resume to a company without my explicit permission and they always described the job in full detail before asking if I wanted to submit my resume. This is not the type of place where they throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Their methods were very calculated and as a result of their excellent communication and listening they placed me in an absolutely perfect opportunity. It truly felt like Stout was working for my best interests the entire time. If I ever find myself in the job market again Stout will get the very first resume I send out! Thank you Stout!

Cons

No downsides at all working through their recruitment process. I'm very happy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. Excellent company, great people, and great insight

Current Employee - Software Engineering Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Agile, fast placement, smart people cooperating to do the right thing. These guys placed me in the perfect fit opportunity where I was converted to full-time permanent employment almost immediately. Everybody I worked with at Stout was the highest caliber of competence and a pleasure to interact with. I wouldn't hesitate to work with them again, or to recommend them to other engineers, or to clients.

Cons

I didn't encounter any cons.

Advice to Management

I agree with other reviewers: keep doing what you're doing now

5. Will go the extra mile to attract top talent

Current Employee - I T Project Manager in Okemos, MI
    Current Employee - I T Project Manager in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was recently placed in a permanent, full time position with Stout Systems. After being considered by Stout's representatives six months earlier, I took the chance and contacted them; they were more than thrilled that I was back on the market and I landed in a new position with a great and established company with all that I asked for!

Cons

There are no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing in regards to perseverance.

6. Smooth recruiting process

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Stout Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stout Systems placed me in a software engineering position. The process was simple, no pressure. The recruiters were easy to reach & answered all questions. I would work with them again for my next job search.

Cons

I have no cons for this company.

7. Flexible and understanding.

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my case, the best aspect is the flexible schedule. I can work from anywhere at just about any time of the day without much restriction.

Cons

There are cons with any company and of course I've had issues in the past but they were of no consequence. Problems happen, but they get resolved usually to everyone's satisfaction.

8. Great people. Stout is a large cut above the typical technical recruiter / consultant.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time

Pros

Stout's staff knows their market extremely well. In addition, they are genuinely interested in finding a great fit between the needs/requirements of their clients, and the skills/needs of their candidates/consultants. Rather than being driven by the bottom line, they are instead driven by solid values, by "doing the right thing", and by establishing long, mutually beneficial relationships.

Cons

Their benefits plan has some room for improvement.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

9. Stout put me in the right place at the right time!

Current Employee - Seasoned Engineering Role in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Seasoned Engineering Role in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Excellent* person to person management! Extremely non-invasive on a personal level. However (where it counts) extremely familiar with and conscience of my skill set. Because when all is said and done, Stout is completely connected to the market. They knew exactly when to call me in for a position that is a precise fit and that is exactly why you need recruiter because you simply can't be everywhere at once and still excel in your field. --- Almost no job interview process anxiety, (basically none whatsoever) no time for it, had to start working immediately - just the way you would dream it to be - more than twice (formerly I chose shorter assignments) and now have a very n-i-i-i-i-i-c-e permanent role. I'm here until retirement I think (and hope). Thank you Stout!

Cons

Ummmm let's see nope can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and we'll *all* be working AND happy :-)

10. Small enough to be personal, but with opportunities and benefits of a much larger shop

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm in my third year as a consultant with Stout Systems; during my time I've received great support from senior management, superior compensation, and solid benefits. The company has done a good job in discussing future opportunities well before current contracts are up. So I’ve been able to focus on work without worrying about what’s next.

Cons

There hasn't been as many varied opportunities in my field as I would've liked.

11. Recruiting Process Outdated

I worked at Stout Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was able to move into my permenant placement quickly and not stay as contract-to-hire very long.

Cons

Recruiting process too long and confusing. Too many people involved and too many steps. Plus they use sales people/business development people as recruiters who don't know anything about benefits, compensation, or work culture. You don't get to talk to that person until they have strong armed you into making a decision. Plus my recruiter was a joke and took days to respond to emails and phone calls. Benefits are TERRIBLE and not competitive.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your "profile" process. It's outdated and makes you look like a lazy company. Get real recruiters who know how to motivate (instead of the boring drone guy I had) who can do this process over the phone.

RSS Feed </> Embed