Stout Systems

Add Photos

John W. Stout

Flexible and understanding.

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIn my case, the best aspect is the flexible schedule. I can work from anywhere at just about any time of the day without much restriction.

ConsThere are cons with any company and of course I've had issues in the past but they were of no consequence. Problems happen, but they get resolved usually to everyone's satisfaction.

Great people. Stout is a large cut above the typical technical recruiter / consultant.

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time

ProsStout's staff knows their market extremely well. In addition, they are genuinely interested in finding a great fit between the needs/requirements of their clients, and the skills/needs of their candidates/consultants. Rather than being driven by the bottom line, they are instead driven by solid values, by "doing the right thing", and by establishing long, mutually beneficial relationships.

ConsTheir benefits plan has some room for improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Small enough to be personal, but with opportunities and benefits of a much larger shop

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI'm in my third year as a consultant with Stout Systems; during my time I've received great support from senior management, superior compensation, and solid benefits.

The company has done a good job in discussing future opportunities well before current contracts are up. So I’ve been able to focus on work without worrying about what’s next.

ConsThere hasn't been as many varied opportunities in my field as I would've liked.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stout put me in the right place at the right time!

Seasoned Engineering Role (Current Employee)
Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros*Excellent* person to person management! Extremely non-invasive on a personal level. However (where it counts) extremely familiar with and conscience of my skill set. Because when all is said and done, Stout is completely connected to the market. They knew exactly when to call me in for a position that is a precise fit and that is exactly why you need recruiter because you simply can't be everywhere at once and still excel in your field. --- Almost no job interview process anxiety, (basically none whatsoever) no time for it, had to start working immediately - just the way you would dream it to be - more than twice (formerly I chose shorter assignments) and now have a very n-i-i-i-i-i-c-e permanent role. I'm here until retirement I think (and hope). Thank you Stout!

ConsUmmmm let's see nope can't think of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up and we'll *all* be working AND happy :-)

Recruiting Process Outdated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Stout Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsWas able to move into my permenant placement quickly and not stay as contract-to-hire very long.

ConsRecruiting process too long and confusing. Too many people involved and too many steps. Plus they use sales people/business development people as recruiters who don't know anything about benefits, compensation, or work culture. You don't get to talk to that person until they have strong armed you into making a decision. Plus my recruiter was a joke and took days to respond to emails and phone calls. Benefits are TERRIBLE and not competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of your "profile" process. It's outdated and makes you look like a lazy company. Get real recruiters who know how to motivate (instead of the boring drone guy I had) who can do this process over the phone.

Worked for Stout Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stout Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stout Systems CEO John W. Stout. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Stout Systems employees.