StratMar Reviews

Ethan Charas

1. Great Company!!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at StratMar part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at with Stratmar for bout 6 months and each day I love coming to work. It's a very motivating environment and the Team works together. Management is always hands on and provides us with great leadership. The earning potential is fantastic and you can basically set your own hourly wage. Senior Management is always available to all staff members. Stratmar is a Company that really cares for all its Employees.

Cons

I have no complaints at all

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work

2. terrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I have been working at StratMar

Pros

Meet a lot of people around the world

Cons

Management sucks and pay could be more.

Advice to Management

Be on the same page

3. Great company

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at StratMar

Pros

Builds you in the sales industry

Cons

It's really difficult to stay persistent

Advice to Management

NA

5. TERRIBLE!!

I have been working at StratMar

Pros

Interaction with airport passengers. That's it

Cons

Everything else. Absolutely zero structure.

Advice to Management

Get it together

Awful company, awful top management, HR nightmare waiting to happen

Former Employee - Sale Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sale Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at StratMar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to really create your own paycheck and it is very cool to work in an airport and meet all sorts of people there

Cons

Where to begin...I had 3 managers in the time since I started -- two were fired out of the blue (literally, they were there one day and gone the next, they had no idea they were being fired. Stratmar knew before hand of course because they immediately had a replacement in there the next day) no specific reason given. I guess top management didn't like them. Third one left before he could be suddenly fired, as well. Very big lack of proper training, you are pretty much given some legal stuff to read and sign your first day protecting the company from a legal standpoint and then thrown out onto the sales floor. One of the documents I think you sign is one that says you can be fired at any moment at their discretion -- so go figure. I guess this is to cover their legal backside. No respect, no valuing of employees -- literally there for about a year and one of the top management comes in after the last manager leaves and simply dismisses me from company literally because he can. It seems they are very fond of just getting rid of people "just because." And if you are not up to their specific standards or you are not getting enough apps, you're treated poorly. They keep changing the rules constantly, and I mean constantly. Every day I would come in there is something new they want to change from a legal standpoint. They don't try to help you or train you more on it... they have an "everyone can be replaced" mentality. No appreciation for long-term or loyal employees, none at all, which made it kind of scary to work for this company after a while. I helped them out doing a lot of early and late shifts when other employees had quit, but all of that was a wash once they replaced them, they just don't care. Upper management tried to forcibly take my airport badge from me, which I think is illegal because they do not own the badge at all, it belongs to the airport system. It made me very uncomfortable how much pressure this upper management guy gave me to leave the job -- he was literally raising his voice in the airport when I questioned him about why he was forcing me to leave and give up my badge. He couldn't believe that I was questioning him, in all his "I'm top management" glory. He seriously wouldn't let me speak, kept interrupting what I was saying. It was actually a very scary and uncomfortable experience -- something I want to report to their company's HR, although I doubt they would care. It had me wanting to get far far away from him and the company he represents. In the end, I just turned it in myself because I knew I could never go back to this company anyways after I was treated like a piece of nothing. What an awful awful company, stay away from them if you value yourself at all...because they certainly will not. I'm glad this was just a side job for me because I can't imagine how someone would feel if this was their full-time job and they were just dismissed with no warning. Spend your time and resources anywhere but StratMar.

Advice to Management

Don't think employees are just dispensable -- take the time to properly train them instead of thinking everyone can be replaced. It is a better investment of time and money.

7. Stratmar is an awesome company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at StratMar

Pros

you determine your paycheck, interaction and networking with thousands of people daily, great support from corporate.

Cons

Job security is uncertain due to outside influences not pertaining to the performance of the company

Advice to Management

Expand to the west coast

8. Great potential and growth

I worked at StratMar

Pros

I absolutely loved being responsible for each daily task I would arrive early to prepare myself for the day. My dream job !

Cons

At the time Management was going through changes. I was offered hours when I considered this job that the new hire manager would not allow. She often playfully shoved me and pulled my hair. She slandered about other employees. Said hateful things towards me. As a manager preview pushy for almost 3 years I know this is unacceptable. I am also a Private Retail Sales Rep for another company. I warned her I was putting my notice. Now that I know she has been removed I'm in the process of my return!

Advice to Management

Set a good example for other employees

A company to grow with.

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at StratMar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for growth. In my 3 1/2 years, I've been promoted 3 times. Each promotion came because Stratmar noticed my performance and APPROACHED ME with the opportunity. Stratmar's "Open door policy" is second to none. Everyone from the CEO down is accessible.

Cons

The bonus program is the best it's ever been! I'd like to see more consistency with bonuses.

Advice to Management

Stratmar is very good at putting the employees first, keep up the good work !

Keeping it real!

Current Employee - Staff in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Staff in New York, NY

I have been working at StratMar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

StratMar is a great company to work for. In the 2.5 years i have been with this company, I have found the entire management staff to be down to earth and have "real" expectations. Although they do challenge consistency and advancement and drive expectations and accountability, As long as i do my job to the best of my ability, following the guidelines and procedures set, I have the potential to earn a very good income.

Cons

The challenge is on the sales teams to perform to expectations to achieve a full-time position.

Advice to Management

Keep operating with the "real" mentality

StratMar is a great place to work

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at StratMar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

What I like most about StratMar is the leadership allows you to run your area of responsibility as your own company. They encourage you to take chances but in doing so, expect accountability.

Cons

Sometimes the hours are long, but overall, not too bad.

Advice to Management

Continue to over communicate with the teams as you currently do. With so many "dedicated programs" and so many employees working remotely, it's important that you stay connected to each area. Your training programs are phenomenal and it's very rewarding to see so many Sales reps work through them. StratMar is also a fun place to work and the office culture is excellent!

RSS Feed </> Embed