StratMar Reviews

3.2
Ethan Charas

1. TERRIBLE!!

I have been working at StratMar

Pros

Interaction with airport passengers. That's it

Cons

Everything else. Absolutely zero structure.

Advice to Management

Get it together

Awful company, awful top management, HR nightmare waiting to happen

Former Employee - Sale Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sale Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at StratMar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to really create your own paycheck and it is very cool to work in an airport and meet all sorts of people there

Cons

Where to begin...I had 3 managers in the time since I started -- two were fired out of the blue (literally, they were there one day and gone the next, they had no idea they were being fired. Stratmar knew before hand of course because they immediately had a replacement in there the next day) no specific reason given. I guess top management didn't like them. Third one left before he could be suddenly fired, as well.

Very big lack of proper training, you are pretty much given some legal stuff to read and sign your first day protecting the company from a legal standpoint and then thrown out onto the sales floor. One of the documents I think you sign is one that says you can be fired at any moment at their discretion -- so go figure. I guess this is to cover their legal backside.

No respect, no valuing of employees -- literally there for about a year and one of the top management comes in after the last manager leaves and simply dismisses me from company literally because he can. It seems they are very fond of just getting rid of people "just because." And if you are not up to their specific standards or you are not getting enough apps, you're treated poorly. They keep changing the rules constantly, and I mean constantly. Every day I would come in there is something new they want to change from a legal standpoint. They don't try to help you or train you more on it... they have an "everyone can be replaced" mentality. No appreciation for long-term or loyal employees, none at all, which made it kind of scary to work for this company after a while. I helped them out doing a lot of early and late shifts when other employees had quit, but all of that was a wash once they replaced them, they just don't care.

Upper management tried to forcibly take my airport badge from me, which I think is illegal because they do not own the badge at all, it belongs to the airport system. It made me very uncomfortable how much pressure this upper management guy gave me to leave the job -- he was literally raising his voice in the airport when I questioned him about why he was forcing me to leave and give up my badge. He couldn't believe that I was questioning him, in all his "I'm top management" glory. He seriously wouldn't let me speak, kept interrupting what I was saying. It was actually a very scary and uncomfortable experience -- something I want to report to their company's HR, although I doubt they would care. It had me wanting to get far far away from him and the company he represents.

In the end, I just turned it in myself because I knew I could never go back to this company anyways after I was treated like a piece of nothing. What an awful awful company, stay away from them if you value yourself at all...because they certainly will not. I'm glad this was just a side job for me because I can't imagine how someone would feel if this was their full-time job and they were just dismissed with no warning.

Spend your time and resources anywhere but StratMar.

Advice to Management

Don't think employees are just dispensable -- take the time to properly train them instead of thinking everyone can be replaced. It is a better investment of time and money.

3. Worse process ever!!

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at StratMar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. The process was long and unnecessary.

Cons

Not sure if they have improved on anything in two years but when I was there, there was no organization. It took almost a month of sending and receiving things BY MAIL before I was able to start working. They switched the pay structure once I started. I wouldn't recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Get things together. Maybe model some of the other programs like yours in the airport that are doing better.

Very Repetitive and corporate and management disregards your neeeds

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent but thats it.

Cons

Constant standing at a Kiosk screaming at customers for hours in a day can get very tiresome stand on feet all day managers are very disorganized and corporate gives you al,ost impossible sales goals with materials given.

6. Don't work here

Former Employee - Sale Representative
    Former Employee - Sale Representative

I worked at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The managers in the field were great.

Cons

They started with 115 employees across the country and let everyone go on Mother's Day. Then once they had our iPads they short changed us on our commissions. They always promised that they wouldn't ever mess with our money but that was their common practice. Our commissions were never paid.

Advice to Management

If you say things follow up with them. Pay the commissions owed. Remember people relied on you

Good luck getting paid on time and accurately

Former Employee - Market Manager
    Former Employee - Market Manager

I worked at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with a great team of Reps

Cons

They are horrible at responding to e-mails and phone calls.
    Horrible at paying on time.
    Horrible at paying accurately.
    Lots of over promissing and under deliverying.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Especially when it's accurate! Not "Your check is in the mail".

Former Manager

I worked at StratMar

Pros

convenient to home and decent pay

Cons

Work alot of hours and no one cares. The upper management doesn't know what they are doing and blames everything on the lower management. I think they discriminate and don't treat every airport the same.They hire you throw you in as a manager, give you some terrible training, tell you to write people up and when you do so, the reps are allowed to call and complain and the company acts like they had nothing to do with it. Stratmar isnt the company that backs their management team up, they have people in positions that do not belong in it, especially the person who controls the communication between chase and stratmar.

Advice to Management

Get better people to run the main office who know what they are doing.

Terrible leadership, terrible company

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management salary is decent...but you will work well beyond what the salary is worth.

Cons

High pressure sales, product changes monthly, terrible bonus program, incredibly stressful position where you are could be replaced at any time. Corporate office has no loyalties...

The worst part: your paycheck will never be correct; it is consistently short; missing bonus, missing expense reimbursements or hours.

Stratmar has no clue how to run a legitimate respectable business. They treat their employees like garbage and use and abuse them until they are burnt out beyond belief. Corporate constantly ignores email and phone call requests from their Managers who are trying to do right by their employees. They give no true incentives; the bonus program is so far out of reach, only 1% of the sales reps even make bonus. They hire anybody and truly do not care about their employees.

Save yourself the pain and suffering and stay far away from this company.

Advice to Management

Don't advertise positions at $15-$17/hr when its not realistic. Reps will make $10-$12 (even after bonuses)and work extremely hard for it.

Very Unethical and Heading for failure

Current Employee - In-Airport MArketing Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - In-Airport MArketing Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at StratMar part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job itself is fun. However, Management makes it a very hostile work environment. The pay itself is decent and you can make as much in bonus and commissions if you are a very hard worker and Management does Not try to destroy you.

Cons

The Management Team at Newark airport is very unethical. They fired their 4 top producers in a matter of months with no reasons what so ever. Management really demoralizes their employees when they should be motivating them to reach goal and hopefully bonus. They make you feel that you are under severe scrutiny all the time to the point where they make the team feel paranoid. You can be a very good producer and Management will Not reward you properly. Management does Not base things on facts and productivity. They base things solely on their opinions and if they like you (Not based on performance or strong work ethics) . They make it clear that it is the most unstable job around.

Advice to Management

Get a Management Team that cares about making money and that has good morals and values. The Current Management Team really does Not care about making the app goal they care more about micromanaging. If you put in a New team you will see better results!!

Unethical, This job is a joke.

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at StratMar

Pros

It gets the bills paid.

Cons

Unsecure, unethical, and no room for growth

Advice to Management

Hire competent managers and give your employees a good bonus if you want to motivate them.

RSS Feed </> Embed