StratMar Reviews

Ethan Charas

1. Worse process ever!!

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at StratMar full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None. The process was long and unnecessary.

Cons

Not sure if they have improved on anything in two years but when I was there, there was no organization. It took almost a month of sending and receiving things BY MAIL before I was able to start working. They switched the pay structure once I started. I wouldn't recommend this company.

Get things together. Maybe model some of the other programs like yours in the airport that are doing better.

Very Repetitive and corporate and management disregards your neeeds

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent but thats it.

Cons

Constant standing at a Kiosk screaming at customers for hours in a day can get very tiresome stand on feet all day managers are very disorganized and corporate gives you al,ost impossible sales goals with materials given.

3. Don't work here

Former Employee - Sale Representative
    Former Employee - Sale Representative

I worked at StratMar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The managers in the field were great.

Cons

They started with 115 employees across the country and let everyone go on Mother's Day. Then once they had our iPads they short changed us on our commissions. They always promised that they wouldn't ever mess with our money but that was their common practice. Our commissions were never paid.

If you say things follow up with them. Pay the commissions owed. Remember people relied on you

Good luck getting paid on time and accurately

Former Employee - Market Manager
    Former Employee - Market Manager

I worked at StratMar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Worked with a great team of Reps

Cons

They are horrible at responding to e-mails and phone calls.
    Horrible at paying on time.
    Horrible at paying accurately.
    Lots of over promissing and under deliverying.

Communication is key. Especially when it's accurate! Not "Your check is in the mail".

Former Manager

I worked at StratMar

Pros

convenient to home and decent pay

Cons

Work alot of hours and no one cares. The upper management doesn't know what they are doing and blames everything on the lower management. I think they discriminate and don't treat every airport the same.They hire you throw you in as a manager, give you some terrible training, tell you to write people up and when you do so, the reps are allowed to call and complain and the company acts like they had nothing to do with it. Stratmar isnt the company that backs their management team up, they have people in positions that do not belong in it, especially the person who controls the communication between chase and stratmar.

Get better people to run the main office who know what they are doing.

Terrible leadership, terrible company

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management salary is decent...but you will work well beyond what the salary is worth.

Cons

High pressure sales, product changes monthly, terrible bonus program, incredibly stressful position where you are could be replaced at any time. Corporate office has no loyalties...

The worst part: your paycheck will never be correct; it is consistently short; missing bonus, missing expense reimbursements or hours.

Stratmar has no clue how to run a legitimate respectable business. They treat their employees like garbage and use and abuse them until they are burnt out beyond belief. Corporate constantly ignores email and phone call requests from their Managers who are trying to do right by their employees. They give no true incentives; the bonus program is so far out of reach, only 1% of the sales reps even make bonus. They hire anybody and truly do not care about their employees.

Save yourself the pain and suffering and stay far away from this company.

Don't advertise positions at $15-$17/hr when its not realistic. Reps will make $10-$12 (even after bonuses)and work extremely hard for it.

Very Unethical and Heading for failure

Current Employee - In-Airport MArketing Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - In-Airport MArketing Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at StratMar part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The job itself is fun. However, Management makes it a very hostile work environment. The pay itself is decent and you can make as much in bonus and commissions if you are a very hard worker and Management does Not try to destroy you.

Cons

The Management Team at Newark airport is very unethical. They fired their 4 top producers in a matter of months with no reasons what so ever. Management really demoralizes their employees when they should be motivating them to reach goal and hopefully bonus. They make you feel that you are under severe scrutiny all the time to the point where they make the team feel paranoid. You can be a very good producer and Management will Not reward you properly. Management does Not base things on facts and productivity. They base things solely on their opinions and if they like you (Not based on performance or strong work ethics) . They make it clear that it is the most unstable job around.

Get a Management Team that cares about making money and that has good morals and values. The Current Management Team really does Not care about making the app goal they care more about micromanaging. If you put in a New team you will see better results!!

Worst company of all time that ever did business ever in the history of business.

Current Contractor - Contractor
    Current Contractor - Contractor

I have been working at StratMar as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is OK. That is the ONLY pro I can honestly admit to.

Cons

Completely unprofessional. No real plan of operation or accountability. Horrible communication and even worse response times. I didn't get paid for 5 weeks of work until I threatened to take legal action. Their business practices and ethics are shady in every way imaginable, and then some. The amount of unprofessionalism to this day is still incomprehensible. Save yourself a few grey hairs, DON'T WORK HERE. It would be less stressful to go bankrupt and homeless and live inside of a cardboard box for the remainder of your life than to work for this company. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!

JUST QUIT BUSINESS ALTOGETHER AND TRY SOMETHING ELSE.

Unethical, This job is a joke.

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at StratMar

Pros

It gets the bills paid.

Cons

Unsecure, unethical, and no room for growth

Hire competent managers and give your employees a good bonus if you want to motivate them.

unappreciated by senior management.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at StratMar

Pros

If you love working with people, Stratmar Retail Services is a great company to work for.

Cons

However, this company has its ups and downs. Such as, getting battered by higher management to increase our sales. I understand this is a company that depends on applications, but demeaning your employees is not a way to go about it.

We were not granted rubber matts for our feet because the regional manager said it make us lazy. I don't think making us stand on our feet for eight hours would make us work proficiently than we were previous to those eight hours.

The regional manager was never cordial. Very rude to employees and especially to managers.