StratMar Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Ethan Charas

1. The management as very unorganized and did not have good communication with employees.

Former Employee - District Manager in Port Chester, NY
    Former Employee - District Manager in Port Chester, NY

Pros

It was a convenient commute for me from home to work. I liked most of the employees, just not senior management,

Cons

Incompetent senior management. Bad financial planning. Salaries were not high enough for the amount of work that had to be done or the stress that the work caused.

Advice to Management

Senior Management needs to care more about their employees in order to create a more cooperative and happy work environment.

Stratmar is an unorganized mess which results in constant “finger pointing”

Current Employee - Area Manager in Port Chester, NY
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Port Chester, NY

Pros

The offer a lot of paid time off (vacation, holidays, personal) but they hold you accountable for issues which arise while you're away. They will call you and this leads to you working while on vacation but it's still nice to get away.

Cons

Poor communication, a lot of pushing the blame around, inability to see the big picture, constantly threatens your job, never ending work load, expected to work 7 days a week, threatening emails, upper management will call you during all hours of the night, ignores all labor laws. Overall the most unprofessional environment I’ve ever worked for.

Advice to Management

This company has a lot of growing up to do. They also need to be more concerned with business ethics.

unappreciated by senior management.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

Pros

If you love working with people, Stratmar Retail Services is a great company to work for.

Cons

However, this company has its ups and downs. Such as, getting battered by higher management to increase our sales. I understand this is a company that depends on applications, but demeaning your employees is not a way to go about it. We were not granted rubber matts for our feet because the regional manager said it make us lazy. I don't think making us stand on our feet for eight hours would make us work proficiently than we were previous to those eight hours. The regional manager was never cordial. Very rude to employees and especially to managers.

Unethical, This job is a joke.

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Newark, NJ

Pros

It gets the bills paid.

Cons

Unsecure, unethical, and no room for growth

Advice to Management

Hire competent managers and give your employees a good bonus if you want to motivate them.

Very Unethical and Heading for failure

Current Employee - In-Airport MArketing Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - In-Airport MArketing Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at StratMar part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job itself is fun. However, Management makes it a very hostile work environment. The pay itself is decent and you can make as much in bonus and commissions if you are a very hard worker and Management does Not try to destroy you.

Cons

The Management Team at Newark airport is very unethical. They fired their 4 top producers in a matter of months with no reasons what so ever. Management really demoralizes their employees when they should be motivating them to reach goal and hopefully bonus. They make you feel that you are under severe scrutiny all the time to the point where they make the team feel paranoid. You can be a very good producer and Management will Not reward you properly. Management does Not base things on facts and productivity. They base things solely on their opinions and if they like you (Not based on performance or strong work ethics) . They make it clear that it is the most unstable job around.

Advice to Management

Get a Management Team that cares about making money and that has good morals and values. The Current Management Team really does Not care about making the app goal they care more about micromanaging. If you put in a New team you will see better results!!

Former Manager

Pros

convenient to home and decent pay

Cons

Work alot of hours and no one cares. The upper management doesn't know what they are doing and blames everything on the lower management. I think they discriminate and don't treat every airport the same.They hire you throw you in as a manager, give you some terrible training, tell you to write people up and when you do so, the reps are allowed to call and complain and the company acts like they had nothing to do with it. Stratmar isnt the company that backs their management team up, they have people in positions that do not belong in it, especially the person who controls the communication between chase and stratmar.

Advice to Management

Get better people to run the main office who know what they are doing.

Good luck getting paid on time and accurately

Former Employee - Market Manager
    Former Employee - Market Manager

I worked at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with a great team of Reps

Cons

They are horrible at responding to e-mails and phone calls. Horrible at paying on time. Horrible at paying accurately. Lots of over promissing and under deliverying.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Especially when it's accurate! Not "Your check is in the mail".

9. Don't work here

Former Employee - Sale Representative
    Former Employee - Sale Representative

I worked at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The managers in the field were great.

Cons

They started with 115 employees across the country and let everyone go on Mother's Day. Then once they had our iPads they short changed us on our commissions. They always promised that they wouldn't ever mess with our money but that was their common practice. Our commissions were never paid.

Advice to Management

If you say things follow up with them. Pay the commissions owed. Remember people relied on you

Very Repetitive and corporate and management disregards your neeeds

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent but thats it.

Cons

Constant standing at a Kiosk screaming at customers for hours in a day can get very tiresome stand on feet all day managers are very disorganized and corporate gives you al,ost impossible sales goals with materials given.

11. Worse process ever!!

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at StratMar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. The process was long and unnecessary.

Cons

Not sure if they have improved on anything in two years but when I was there, there was no organization. It took almost a month of sending and receiving things BY MAIL before I was able to start working. They switched the pay structure once I started. I wouldn't recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Get things together. Maybe model some of the other programs like yours in the airport that are doing better.

RSS Feed </> Embed