Strata Decision Technology

3.1

Strata Decision Technology CEO Dan Michelson
Dan Michelson

32 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Growing Company with a passionate team

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Learning opportunities.
    Great company if you are looking for a challenging career.
    Good environment

Cons

It could be sometimes challenging to have a good work-life balance.

Amazing company, great opportunities for advancement and experience!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant Optimization in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant Optimization in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

At the core of this organization is a great team of sharp, hard-working professionals. Due to the company's innovative platform, they are experiencing rapid growth...so great opportunities to advance after a short time.

Cons

With rapid growth comes challenges...everyone is expected to chip in and roll up their sleeves...but you will be in good company with team-members who will be right there with you all the way!

Energetic, devoted, and hard-working employees make it a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very strong sense of camaradarie
    Flexible work hours and work-from-home options
    One day off per year to do volunteer work
    "StrataCares" program encourages donations of time, energy and money to charitable causes
    Diverse workforce

Cons

Could do better at providing opportunities for formal training

Keep doing what you're doing

Great place to be - growth opportunities are endless if you seek them out!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have had a great experience with the company thus far. I really value the openness of the company and the fact that I have direct access to management and exec level staff at all times. I have great relationships with staff at all levels, which is something to be desired in a company. The company is very transparent and is not afraid to share with the staff the direction, goals, vision, and roadblocks of the company.
    The company possesses a very strong team-oriented environment, which helps an employee feel as though they are a valued member of the group and one can see their contributions at play.
    The age of the employees is relatively young, but there is room for advancement and quick career progression if that is what the employee is seeking. I, personally, value the fact that I am heard by my managers and exec staff and they take my ideas/concerns seriously. They also take my ideas and desires for my career path seriously and help me work toward my goals.
    The CEO has a contagious pride for the company and products, which keeps the employees engaged with the company and atune with the shared vision.

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming at times when a lot of work needs to be completed - which is how it is at most companies. But, your colleagues and management are always available to step in and lend an assist when need be.

Keep the transparency of the company for employees; it really helps us see what is going on with the company and allows us to feel we are on the same team. This has been great.

Great Company that is Helping to Change Healthcare

Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Strata Decision is a really cool company that is focused on changing the healthcare delivery system in it's own way - through better planning, cost assessment and financial analytics. The ultimate goal for clients is to give them software solutions that support their mission of providing high quality care in a cost effective manner. The team (from engineers to implementation consultants to quality assurance) is completely dedicated to that mission.

I would describe the culture of the company in 3 words: 1. Passionate 2. Innovative 3. Smart. People with these characteristics end up really exceling in the environment. At all levels, the team is very tight knit. There are regular "all hands" meetings that bring the company together so there is alignment. Also, over the last 90 days there has been a major focus placed on staff development through formal programs. All team members are involved in the sessions to keep advancing their skill sets and their careers.

Over the years, the company has done a really nice job of staying ahead of the curve through continued advancement of its products and services. It's a really dynamic place where products and services are really evolving to stay ahead of the needs of hospital CFOs and finance teams.

Strata Decision has great plans for the future and I am excited to be part of the continued evolution.

Cons

The company has a number of really important, valuable initiatives (staff development, client experience, product advancement etc.). Sometimes the number of initiatives can seem overwhelming, because they are important. It is however clear that senior management recognizes that there are many initiatives and are now focused on prioritization.

You are focused on the right things to continue advancing the company - keep that focus.

Lots of Growth Opportunity

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company offers an endless amount of career development opportunity in an open and fun work environment.

Cons

Smaller company-but this only means more possibility for hands on experience to add to your knowledge-base/resume/portfolio.

Focus

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology

Pros

I love my coworkers -- I really enjoy the work --- I like the pace and the challenge of it all...

Cons

I would only say that it is sometimes hard to keep up with the knowledge that I have to to stay at the top of my game...

I would like to see fewer releases of the software per year. I think we could build more features into each release and release fewer builds -- and have a more productive experience.

Cool people, great products, interesting work, motivating clients

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology

Pros

It's great getting to work with such smart people. Everyone on my team is very invested in helping to make each other successful. Competition between consultants is pretty strong and very positive -- it keeps moving the bar on our performance. It's also great that clients are so supportive of our work -- their great responses to our hard work is very motivating to all of us. It's cool to see the fruits of your labor impacting organizations so quickly.

Cons

Management came out with a greater focus on work life balance - that was great but I would like to see more. For example, I would like to be able to have flex time and I think it would only increase my productivity.

I think putting engineers into consulting has helped them to better understand the perspectives of consultants -- is there a way to put financial people into development?

Also keep focusing on communication -- it really helps us in understanding company decisions.

Merit is rewarded quickly. Great place to gain experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Strata Decision Technology

Pros

- Merit is rewarded quickly
    - Challenging implementations/consulting engagements result in tremendous experience gains
    - Talented and very professional team
    - Intelligent, value driven and passionate founders/owners
    - Company respects its employees and ready to sponsor foreign employees

Cons

- Not for everyone. Small companies can be intense.
    - Stress is an inherent part of the job - learn to be tough.

Make "fun" part of the company values - More comapny events, happy hours, etc. This is the Midwest, beer would do wonders.

You can have a big impact, if you're up for the challenge

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology

Pros

Strata is a relatively small company that creates products that dominate a market shared by billion-dollar companies. So it should be no surprise that this is a fast-paced environment. To tackle this challenge, the basic approach Strata takes is simple. We hire the most talented, creative, and motivated people we can find, and then see what they can do. This leads to two main aspects of Strata that make it an exciting place to work. First, we have a really great team. Everyone pulls their weight and works to improve the way we do things. And secondly, you have a ton of opportunity for learning and career growth. If you're dedicated and hard-working, you can move up and taken on new responsibilities very quickly.

Cons

Make no mistake, this job is not for everyone. For new employees, there is a lot to learn, and you need to be prepared for a challenge right off the bat. In addition, advancement is not a given - ultimately you need to carve out your own path to becoming a strong player within the company. This open-ended environment may be daunting for some, but for myself and many others at Strata it's the reason we're here. One other downside for many people has been the hours. Recently upper-management has been taking strides to provide more options for balancing life and work, so I see this downside diminishing over time.

Communication is key. I believe that management tries hard to clearly broadcast policies and strategic direction throughout the company, but there is still more to be done in this area.

Strata Decision Technology Photos