Stratasys

David Reis

Field Service Engineer

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Stratasys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of room to grow. Freedom to manage your work. Decent benefits and bonuses. In this day and age it is nice to work for a company that is growing and willing to share in the growth.

Cons

With the growth of the company we have lots of new faces and people moving to new positions. This at times leaves gaps in who does what or who is responsible for things.

Keep up the good work!!

Field Service Engineer

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Stratasys full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company has reat benefits and bonus

Cons

Lack of promotion and advancements.

The company need to not change managements every time they have a merge.

Hold on to your hat!

I have been working at Stratasys full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

coworkers, benefits, product and perks

Cons

Moving too fast. No project management lead when transitioning functions causes a lot of stress with employees and the customers

slow down take a step back and look what needs to be fixed in the management and processes

Hmmmn. . .

Former Employee - Corporate in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Corporate in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Stratasys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people in Minneapolis are great

Cons

Quite challenging working with the Israel headquarters - logistically and culturally

More communication

If you thrive in the challenge of dealing in day to day incompetence, this company is for you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Stratasys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The ratio of salary to performance expectation is more than adequate.
    A very relaxed atmosphere that allows for domestic pets and children to run about freely. Office parties are a good morale booster, especially when the spirits flow freely.

Cons

People do not seem to have the training to function in their jobs, leaving others to continually correct resulting mistakes.
    Management and HR should have more credentials behind them other than their tenure with the company.
    The language from admins up to senior management is appalling.

Encourage and conduct training for employees on ethical behavior and include yourselves.
    Actually verify someones credentials before hiring them.

I absolutely LOVE my job and the people here at Stratasys!

Current Employee - Front Desk Administrator in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Front Desk Administrator in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Stratasys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is growing at a rapid rate which means lots of opportunity within the company to expand your horizons. All of the employees at Stratasys are enjoyable to work with. In the three years that I have worked with the company I have yet to hear someone say they dislike their job. Scott Crump has done a great job at making his employees feel special in the way he treats people. The company has an annual picnic, they hand out movie tickets on your birthday, you get birthday ice cream every month to celebrate everyone's birthday, there is a holiday party, there are oppportunities within the company to connect with other employees to stay fit, whether it be biking, running, golfing, etc. This year Weight Watchers is coming directly to our building for meetings for 12 weeks. We have two gardens on the company grounds that employees take turns watering. We have fruit days where the company brings in bananas, peaches, oranges, apples, etc.. We have company wide meetings that everyone attends to keep updated as to what is happening within the company. I can't say enough good things about the company.

Cons

I have no cons to report. :)

Upper management is great at training their employees and keeping connected with them.

great company

I have been working at Stratasys

Pros

work/life balance is great
    Good management
    Great team to work with

Cons

So far not having anything negative about my job....

Culture of Secrecy Needs To Change

Former Employee - Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Stratasys full-time

Pros

The chance to work with interesting technology and talented team members. You have an opportunity to contribute. Co-workers are open to answering your questions - great environment for learning the technology. Opportunity to use the equipment in house.

Cons

A culture of secrecy (not confidentiality) within the company is driven from the top down. As a result teams are unable to share ideas with coworkers that aren't on the team, even if they are subject matter experts. This slows down development. The company changes direction multiple times a year every year and poorly communicates their goals. This is not a flexible environment. Poor work/life balance. They layed off employees in 2009 with the promise of cutting projects since there would be less resources. Instead they kept all of the projects and added more.

Trust that your employees aren't going to share confidential information with your competition. This model works for other companies.

A stepping stone in an emerging industry

I worked at Stratasys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Emerging industry, head-start leadership, strong product focus, innovation driven, financially healthy, M&A plans, global expansion

Cons

There is little career path you can see from this company and employee development is almost non existent.
    They tend to take a reactive approach and often times you see a lack of long term strategies.

After the merge the management has become somewhat family style and all shots are called by a single person in some critical cases.

2.5

I worked at Stratasys

Pros

The company rewards it's employees for meeting their individual goals and in addition offers medical benefits and a 401k plan.

Cons

Stratasys does not look for ways to include employees when changing company direction. Instead, they simply throw people that have worked for the company (some 10 years or more) but do not fit into their new business model under the bus!

I find this type of management very unsettling. It would certainly give me pause before I took a job with the company. Even when you surpass your goals you are still subject to loosing your job if management decides to try something new.