Strategic Resources Incorporated

Be The First To
Add Photos

Strategic Resources Incorporated President Rose McElrath Slade

Rose McElrath Slade

Needs to get it together

Contractor (Former Employee)

ProsThis company has many military contracts so there is an opportunity to work with the military community.

ConsContract staff often had long wait periods to get paid, some of the staff hired were not appropriate for the position, little oversight of job delivery and quality of services, scheduling was based on who you knew

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your home office stuff together and this could be a very great company to work for, I met some very nice individuals

Worst management I have ever worked for. No potential job movement, raises, or positive management interaction.

Peon (Former Employee)

ProsSalary was not horrible. Co-workers knew their job well but were reluctant to help train. Job security. As long as SRI held the contract, the workers seemed almost like they were going to die in their position.

ConsVery hands-off as far as training, left to co-workers to do (and many refused). Supervisors/Management were some of the WORST people I have ever worked for. Never came to boost morale. The only time you heard from them was if you were going to be disciplined.
    Refused to go to bat for their employees and help when working conditions began to drop and morale was at an all time low.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more hands-on and more positive with your employees. Make sure to come visit job sites and not just every now and then to make an appearance. Look into merit-based raises. For someone who has worked at a job for 10 years to earn the same as the rookie who just walked in the door, that is depressing!!!

Sad mismanaged company

Supply Tech (Former Employee) Fort Lewis, WA

ProsHelping soldiers, paychecks cleared, not much else

ConsLets start with worked for SRI for 3 years with zero raises, no travel, no upward mobility, no training, no way to improve yourself. I believe the only way SRI was semi-successful on Joint Base Lewis-McChord was because the older employees loved soldiers and loved helping soldiers. Higher management rarely comes to visit from McLean VA. No benefits to hourly employees no sick pay to hourly employees only salary gets benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of employees better

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never a dull day!

Essential Employee (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsPaid holidays, sick days and vacation days.Tuition reimbursement, Health and 401k benefits. Company events to celebrate special holidays, company achievements, rewards to employees such as but not limited to; bonus and special recognition. A typical day here at SRI moves faster than Granny’s wig blowing off in a wind storm! In this office there is never a dull day and being a productive team player will be recognized with personally by its CEO! However, deadlines on the calendar are much closer than they appear! Should an SRI employee in any Department find them selves behind the eight ball, one must plan to burn the midnight oil and no excuse is accepted! The CEO is dedicated to making sure that the people here have what they need to succeed and I believe this is why the company has been a success for more than 20+ years!

ConsNo flex-time, no comp time and the traffic due to construction and over population in this area stink!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pressing forward with the great work that you do!

Thoroughly Disenchanted

AW2 (Current Employee) Mc Lean, VA

ProsPaid holidays, annual leave and sick leave (not to be rolled over).

ConsMy team and I were inherited by SRI through a contract acquisition in 2011. We were a team of multiple contracts, but all appeared to be content. Since working for SRI many of us throughout the multiple states have left. Some left due to the decrease in pay for the same job, unaffordable medical coverage and true uneasiness about the company, while the others are holding on and running on fumes. We struggle with supplies, travel and a total lack of communication. Broken equipment has been replaced with used and broken equipment. In the rare event that we are able to travel, the process is tedious and the reimbursements are severely delayed. Some write their out of pocket expenses off as taking one for the team. We were due minor raises for 6-7 months and we are still pending the back pay from this raise. We are not allowed to communicate with the government concerning the contract issues, so we suffer silently. Calls and inquiries to the HQ result in follow-ups to the follow-up of the original follow-up. A birthday card during your birth month is their idea of communicating. Besides our immediate internal supervisors who were also inherited, I do not believe that SRI leadership has a clue about us, our population or what it takes to make it happen. It is very disheartening to know that they take credit for our work and bring nothing to the mission. Exploitation really sums it up.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is for the love, dedication and passion to the mission that any of us remain. When people are on a mission to go above and beyond, it would be helpful to get a little support from the employer. Due to the secondary hardships of supporting our Wounded Warriors, America’s most precious population we have developed a true understanding of teamwork and resiliency, so we support each other, give our population the best and drive on. HOOAH! We have worked very hard to develop our skill sets, build a strong network of resources and become renowned for transition assistance. People in the social science, behavioral health and helping field do not understand your concepts of support and/or communication and the lack thereof. Support and communication are integral in our profession. Those of us who have spent our lives taking care of Soldiers are frustrated with this situation, but are too concerned for our population to walk away. Every time one of us leaves it creates a weak, albeit temporary link. Please hand over the reins before this well established, noble and worthy mission falls apart. It is really the right thing to do.

Awesome CEO, worst company for communication and leadership

General Clerk I (Former Employee)

Prospaid holidays, vacation, working with soldiers, co-workers are great, military leadership is outstanding, great hours, good working conditions, priority is serving the military and civilian contractors, company sponsored events, hourly health and welfare benefit

Conslack of benefits, benefits offered too expensive, method of using unpaid sick days, lack of communication, no leadership, no performance reviews, no raises, one of the lowest paid contracts when compared to others at this location for performing the same duties

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement/leadership positions should be filled by someone who cares about their employees and the mission; not just paycheck.

SRI Checks Cashed

Clerk II (Former Employee) Edinburgh, IN

Prosgood vacation and holiday pay for employees

Consnot enough contact between management and employees

Poor management, zero leadership, no integrity.

(Current Employee)

ProsThe owner of the company. Sweet and kind; however, blind to the fraud, waste and abuse taking place under her watch.

ConsNo management, no leadership, and ignorant of the EIA/TIA/I3A, and the Code of Federal regulations. This company fails to follow its own code of business work ethic's "policy"; purposely violating it for convenience and profit. The company vehicles look and drive as if they were pieced together from a scrap yard. The tools are broken, breaking, or not available at all. Most of the techs have bought their own tools, some of which cost over 400 dollars, just to satisfy the requirement. The employees feel abandoned and disconnected from SRI management. The collective point of view is that SRI does not care about what is going on and that the well-being of the employee matters very little.

Advice to Senior ManagementStandards, policies, and regulations exist for a reason. Follow and enforce them.

Great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSRI is a employee friendly company.

ConsDid sub-contract work with SRI. Wish SRI was prime contractor.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job!

Love helping Wounded Warriors but wish it was another contractor

AW2 Advocate (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsNo Bonus No Supplies No Travel No Training No Raise

ConsIf you love working with Soldiers and helping them with their transition then Aw2 is a awesome job, but this company is bootleg. I wish MANCON would get this contract or give it back to SERCO

Advice to Senior ManagementYall need Jesus

Worked for Strategic Resources Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!