Strategies for Wealth

Ed Ayala

Great work atmosphere

Former Employee - Financial Specialist Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Specialist Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Strategies for Wealth as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Great work atmosphere
    - Lots of support and training available to further expand your skills
    - Friendly co-workers and lots of support

Cons

- had to constantly go through security since I never got my building ID card

Keep up good work

Excellent core values and support

I have been working at Strategies for Wealth

Pros

Great leadership and support in investment training.

Cons

developing markets can be difficult but we have good training and senior agents who are willing to help

Poor management, very unimpressive staff

I worked at Strategies for Wealth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very few pros to be honest, summer hours

Cons

The deception that is there and the mgt. Also the commissions they charge clients. Coming from invesment banking they over charge their clients. The clients are people who do not know better becasue the staff knows nothing about the markets or products.

Not a good place from start to finish

100 percent commissions

I worked at Strategies for Wealth as a contractor

Pros

100 percent commissions, earn what you bring in with big commissions. Treat clients well with their best interest at heart. Not the sale.

Cons

100 percent commissions, makes it hard for those not always looking for the next meal.

Strategies For Wealth

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Strategies for Wealth full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Tremendous support at every level. Fantastic corporate benefits. Pension plan. Great atmosphere and location to create your own practice. Company has been around since the Great Depression helping people and continues to grow.

Cons

It is a career that demands time and energy, but will reward those who do.

Continue to improve the offering.

Don't Be Fooled

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Strategies for Wealth

Pros

The firm has a good reputation and recruits career changers. Nice offices and premium buildings in good business districts. Friendly support staff.

Cons

Management recruits new employees with lies about the success rates and retention. They say they are a referral firm and don’t cold call, but it is no different from the “Project 200” firms they look down on. The firm has very high turnover and you will need previous sales experience to be successful.

New associates are expected to call their family, friends, and everyone they know to set up appointments so their manager can sell life insurance to them. Managers expect the people you meet to refer you to everyone they know so you can pitch life insurance to them, too. They hire people for their leads, and if you don’t know people with lots of spare cash to buy big policies right away, they will tell you “your markets aren’t warm enough” and fire you.

The firm is run by salesmen with no management experience, and it shows. The “training” is little more than brokers telling stories. Management only cares about sales, so that more money makes you better and smarter than the rest. The weekly sessions are mandatory, so that you are the captive audience when brokers who have reached sales goals talk about topics they know little to nothing about. There are many specialists who are happy to assist you, provided you split your commissions with them. You will also spend many hours doing unpaid financial analysis for the clients before you get to pitch the products you are selling, which benefits the firm’s reputation at the employee’s expense.

Management should be more truthful and less arrogant. Don't recruit 10 people hoping 5 remain in three months and 2 after one year.

Great Financial Planning Position

Former Employee - Financial Planner in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Planner in New York, NY

I worked at Strategies for Wealth

Pros

As an associate, you are your own boss and management is very helpful. The culture at the firm is incredible and the support they provide is unmatched in many similar firms. There are weekly meetings and training sessions which allow associates to learn and practice with upper management. The feedback they give is straightforward and they genuinely are interested in the success of every associate. The benefits associates receive are excellent and oftentimes exceed what is provided at similar companies.

Cons

Commission based salary and the requirement that all associates must bring in their own clients. However, this also provides opportunity because there is no ceiling to how much you can make.

Keep on doing great things!

Changed my life

I have been working at Strategies for Wealth full-time

Pros

Strategies for wealth has forever changed my life for the better. Everyone who's been here for a while are people I want to emulate, both in business and personal life. They are committed to the growth of all of their associates. I am surrounded by genuinely good-hearted people who want nothing more than to see me succeed. I am in business for myself, with all the support and advise I could ever want, from many of the top producers in the industry. One of the biggest things I've learned in my 4 years here is I am not here to sell my clients. I am here to add as much value to the people I care about, and for that, I will never suffer. This place is different. This place is special.

Cons

It is a very difficult business to start. If it was easy, than everyone would do it.