Stream Global Services Reviews

Reset
2.7
Stream Global Services President and CEO Andrea J. Ayers
Andrea J. Ayers

Pros
  • Overall Stream stands out as a better than average call center company (in 19 reviews)

• Once you are past the entry level stuff (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • it was way better as just stream i think, but it is a call center (in 20 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

1. Manager at Stream Global Services

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Wellesley, MA
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Wellesley, MA

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy business to understand. Other executives were pleasant to work with.

Cons

Low margin business. New CFO/CEO focused on profits by cutting jobs. Low morale

Advice to Management

Laying off people doesn't engender a long-term view of the company by employees.

2. Great People

I worked at Stream Global Services

Pros

Best people in the world

Cons

NO real cons. Expected at call center company.

3. Alright place to work

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time

Pros

Good place for military spouses to get hired, great stepping stone to get you hired at other companies. I worked for a sales contract that worked with Executive administrators, CEOʻs and the such; because of that I was able to get hired at another company as their system administrator.

Cons

Management was crap. My supervisor was new to the management position, which Iʻm not knocking him for, but a rep shouldnʻt have more experience than the direct supervisor (thatʻs just my opinion).

Advice to Management

Although the reps are the lowest on the totem pole listen to them. Most of the people that work there may have at the least six to ten years of leadership experience.

5. Not a good employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not much good to say other then it is steady job depending how you define steady, close to home, not much driving

Cons

Dress code is out of control, the promote a " professional environment but the environment does not match what they are promoting, people wear clothes and human resources won't do anything about correcting it, management are a bunch of bff's, if you are not in a good ole boy network, there is not much hope, no promotion oppunities what so ever, very little to apply for, rules keep changing and not for the better, sanitation is a disgrace, very few restrooms for so many people, and the employees are pigs themselves,

Advice to Management

Resign

6. Dont stay to long

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time

Pros

Great people and an easy job. There where some fun times and a few very good managers.

Cons

The front line agents have no opportunity to get raises. If you are a Team Leader on a contract that is struggling due to unrealistic client expectations that the upper management couldnt, wouldnt or was not smart enough to fix you may be in for a rough ride. The upper management in most cases is a complete joke, most of the Senior Team Leader or above had no clue what they where doing and had no place in there positions. Give it a few years if you want to get some management experience and then get out or they will help you.

Advice to Management

Quite your jobs and let the real talent take over. Since we all know you wont do that then how about taking responsibility for your actions listen to your Team Leaders they care more about your contracts then you do they are smarter then you are and will help you keep your job.

7. Technical Support Professional II

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional II in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional II in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was part of a small team, and I got to work a lot on the knowledge base. The incoming work stayed steady, but not overwhelming.

Cons

The company was managed in a less-than-ideal manner, and approved more bandaid fixes than funamental improvements.

Advice to Management

The lower-level managers are personable and hard-working! let them do what they need to help their teams succeed!

8. great company

I have been working at Stream Global Services

Pros

Benifits are great . Flexible with schedules

Cons

Pay to low for the work

Advice to Management

Pay workers more if you want more work you expect too much for so little time

9. Customer service agent

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time

Pros

There were no pros to working for this company other than the fact you earn a paycheck. This company has employees that show a significant amount of favoritism.

Cons

Where do I begin. Incompetant training. Management that tell you how to do a job that they have never done. Phone calls a recorded and monitored and the way the calls are graded is very inconsistent.

Advice to Management

Learn how to do the job that you are trying to tell your team to do. Be consistant.

10. Operations

I worked at Stream Global Services

Pros

Easy entry level work good start in call center

Cons

No pay increases that are significant in value

11. What happens when companies merge? Stream was a great company to work for before Convergys

Former Employee - Team Manager
    Former Employee - Team Manager

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Bigger company with more financial stability, larger range of reach world wide, more clients

Cons

People are no longer treated like people, lost to those who don't know them and management forgets them. Expecting more for little of their effort

Advice to Management

Don't forget the people who helped you build your company, fight for them. Make sure they are not forgotten of swept away. Those people your clients don't know are the backbone and glue that keeps everyone wanting to stay. Don't forget how to run your business before you give the reins to others who have less thought for you dearest people who stayed with you though good and bad. You are so scared of your clients you don't even know what's right and wrong with your agents anymore. How sad. I will miss you stream.

RSS Feed </> Embed