Stream Global Services

Updated September 18, 2014
2.8

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello
Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • good environment to work and good people as well (in 10 reviews)

• Casual environment along with some unique benefits at the call center (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • No employee can manage a family or a life working at this call center (in 18 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

This place was a goldmine of professional experiences and opportunities for advancement.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team managers and team members provided one of the best work environments possible. Training was thorough and consistent, and the company did a good job of making sure employees were taken care of at times of drastic business change, which are part of the nature of that business.

Cons

Because of its nature providing services to other corporations, the environment is extremely fluid, sometimes volatile. For the wrong person this would be intolerable, but the majority of folks I worked with saw it as a way to keep things fresh.

When I started the perks for being a superlative agent were superb, those had been cut significantly by the time I left and that had effected morale poorly. Those perks should be reinstated.

Watertown offices couldn't be better

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This office provided an ever evolving staff that was attentive, considerate, and focus on driving goals

Cons

Certain areas in the place could have been fixed up during their constant renovations

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Professional  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management works with agents if they have personal issues going on.

Cons

Pay needs to be hire but that is what happens when you work for a BPO.

Be more friendly

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent pay, decent job

Former Employee - Support Professional  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Support Professional in Portland, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay in a decent setting

Cons

A lot of internal moves

Stick with companies and make them better instead of taking on more and more

I found the work to be interesting and relevant, the management to be supportive, and mobility quite
     flexible.

Former Employee - Support Professional  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Support Professional in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I found their benefit package to be practical and more than adequate to my needs. Human resources was also very good about answering questions and clarifying issues. I found I could agree with most of the company values and viewpoints. I liked the relatively casual atmosphere, which did not skimp on professionalism simultaneously.

Cons

At the time I was there, they were trying to recreate educational opportunities that had existed before. In this day of exorbitant educational costs, that is something I think a company should offer to their employees. If a person is looking for a very button down environment (professional attire), it is not the place for such a person.

I enjoyed my time at Stream. I would have liked to have been able to get more educational credentials I could take with me. I liked the way your management handled the end of the contract under which I worked, in that you tried to give the employees as many options as possible before it ended. Keep up the good work of taking care of your employees. The CEO was relatively new to the company but seemed to be doing a good job.

nothing but good things. staff works with you to help you advance

Current Employee - Customer Support Professional  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Support Professional in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

work with your schedule especially while in school, lots of room for advancement

Cons

training needs to be more hands on

Just okay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sergeant Bluff, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sergeant Bluff, IA

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Liked the people, atmosphere was nice on the Xbox contract. Front line agents were hard working if you provided them the tools to be successful.

Cons

Unrealistic pay for hours contracts demanded, benefits were expensive, training for front line managers was poor, no investment in preparing front line managers.

Step up the pay scale and training your assets in your management team with the skills they need to succeed.

Closest to a sweat shop I've ever seen.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Watertown, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Watertown, NY

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun people.
    Easy to pretend to work while not doing much (which you're inclined to do after being treated like crap)

Cons

They treat you like crap.
    They only care about numbers, not humans.

If they spent even just a little time trying to actually care about the human beings that worked for them, it would be a vast improvement. They treat people like dirt and then act surprised with their huge turnover rates. Here's a lesson, spend your money retaining employees instead of training new ones.

Don't bother with this company

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

decent pay, half-decent benefit package even though it's overpriced. Nice facility with adequate break areas.

Cons

lousy, outdated training. Managers don't care that the training is inadequate and outdated, sets newbies up to fail. Employees are disposable. Trainers that talk down to the trainees. Ridiculous rules.

make sure the training is not outdated with incorrect information. take seriously those who "complain" about the training.

Not a good company to work for

Current Employee - Team Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is an outsource company that doesn't care for its employee's. I hope that with the acquisition Convergys will fix it!

Cons

Pay sucks! Benefits are horrible! they have not given raises in three years. The Managers know less about managing then the supervisors

Care about your people

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!