Stream Global Services

Updated September 24, 2014
2.8

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello
Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • My role was odd, supporting both top execs and mid-level call center folks (in 17 reviews)

• Once you are past the entry level stuff (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No employee can manage a family or a life working at this call center (in 19 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company before the buyout. No idea now.

Former Employee - Computer Services Coordinator  in  Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Computer Services Coordinator in Eagan, MN

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

My role was odd, supporting both top execs and mid-level call center folks. The power and autonomy of the role were great, and the things I learned from some execs and from an international collection of IT experts were invaluable. I also had a small taste of working in Information Security, which was fascinating.

Cons

Like many companies we were stretched thin. The people were reasonable about not calling me on nickel and dime concerns, but when anything was down (weekly) I'd get calls anytime. For execs I was on call 24x7x365 for more than a year. Also I suspect many jobs have been and will be moving away from Minnesota since the buyout.

Rotate on-call times and always hire at least two IT guys per group to ensure real time off. Eventually I was able to trade with my more experienced coworker, but it was a very tiring first year. Also be sure to spend enough time and cash up front on infrastructure before filling a 300-seat building, to avoid frequent down-times. Our WAN - upon which everything depended - was a nightmare for the first few months in Eagan, and took a year to become reliable. Oof.

Great Place to Train and Get Experience

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company offers good training for entry level workers. It has a professional organizational structure and there can be excellent advancement opportunities for hard workers. The work can provide a strong technical background and experience if someone is willing to put in the time to study and learn from co-workers.

Cons

The work can be stressful after a while, with long hours on the phone and strong focus on performance measures. If someone doesn't like sitting all day and talking on the phone for an eight hour shift, he or she could get burned out. There are also expectations for performing to certain standards consistently.

Remember to treat each employee as an individual, even while trying to hold everyone to standard requirements.

This place was a goldmine of professional experiences and opportunities for advancement.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team managers and team members provided one of the best work environments possible. Training was thorough and consistent, and the company did a good job of making sure employees were taken care of at times of drastic business change, which are part of the nature of that business.

Cons

Because of its nature providing services to other corporations, the environment is extremely fluid, sometimes volatile. For the wrong person this would be intolerable, but the majority of folks I worked with saw it as a way to keep things fresh.

When I started the perks for being a superlative agent were superb, those had been cut significantly by the time I left and that had effected morale poorly. Those perks should be reinstated.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Watertown offices couldn't be better

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This office provided an ever evolving staff that was attentive, considerate, and focus on driving goals

Cons

Certain areas in the place could have been fixed up during their constant renovations

Good people, poor company

Former Employee - Team Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good minimum pay with commission options. Co-workers are great. Overtime available at times.

Cons

Upper management is terrible. Change in upper management frequent and went through a couple mergers. Seems everyone bails on the company at one point or another. Frequent changes makes meeting expectations difficult.

Listen to your employees. Beta test changes before launching them.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Professional  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management works with agents if they have personal issues going on.

Cons

Pay needs to be hire but that is what happens when you work for a BPO.

Be more friendly

Decent pay, decent job

Former Employee - Support Professional  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Support Professional in Portland, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay in a decent setting

Cons

A lot of internal moves

Stick with companies and make them better instead of taking on more and more

I found the work to be interesting and relevant, the management to be supportive, and mobility quite
     flexible.

Former Employee - Support Professional  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Support Professional in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I found their benefit package to be practical and more than adequate to my needs. Human resources was also very good about answering questions and clarifying issues. I found I could agree with most of the company values and viewpoints. I liked the relatively casual atmosphere, which did not skimp on professionalism simultaneously.

Cons

At the time I was there, they were trying to recreate educational opportunities that had existed before. In this day of exorbitant educational costs, that is something I think a company should offer to their employees. If a person is looking for a very button down environment (professional attire), it is not the place for such a person.

I enjoyed my time at Stream. I would have liked to have been able to get more educational credentials I could take with me. I liked the way your management handled the end of the contract under which I worked, in that you tried to give the employees as many options as possible before it ended. Keep up the good work of taking care of your employees. The CEO was relatively new to the company but seemed to be doing a good job.

nothing but good things. staff works with you to help you advance

Current Employee - Customer Support Professional  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Support Professional in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

work with your schedule especially while in school, lots of room for advancement

Cons

training needs to be more hands on

Not a good company to work for

Current Employee - Team Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is an outsource company that doesn't care for its employee's. I hope that with the acquisition Convergys will fix it!

Cons

Pay sucks! Benefits are horrible! they have not given raises in three years. The Managers know less about managing then the supervisors

Care about your people

Stream Global Services Photos

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!