Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello

Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • good environment to work and good people as well(in 10 reviews)

• Casual environment along with some unique benefits at the call center(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • No employee can manage a family or a life working at this call center(in 18 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach(in 13 reviews)

Cool place to work

Prosnice co-workers
    nice managers
    decent work schedules if your stats are good.

Conslack of bonus
    lack of pay increasements

Advice to Senior Managementgive more pay incentives like other call centers

OK no longer there

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Vermillion, SD

ProsPros – If you apply yourself you can make a good wage and have a good overall workplace environment. I do feel that my upper management like my manager, and center manager care about me as a person, not just as a sales person.

ConsThe countless reports have to stop. The iPad registers are fantastic, but its a tool, if you dont use it 90% of the time, I have a manager up my behind asking why. Its a tool to better server our customer, but you have us on such a short leash that if we dont use it we get in trouble, and for what? The only reason I see is to justify the amount of money you pad to apple to get the devices. The same goes for the Payment Kiosk, we cant take payments for customers at our station, why? When I'm in a customers account taking a payment it gives me the opportunity to add features, if they use the Kiosk I get no such chance, its a wasted opportunity, but hey you have to justify buying all those kiosks, or "tools" so we better have all our customers use that station. Next thing you know I'm going to have a report outlining why I use the orange highlighter more than the yellow, or a blue pen vs a black. All these reports justifying the purchase of tools to help me, just slow us down because we're all paranoid, if we've used the mobile opus enough or not.

Not a bad place to work, not great either.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCasual dress and friendly atmosphere.

ConsNot much as far as pay or a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No loyalty to employees at all

Customer Support Professional (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsLearned how to do customer service and do it well. Good team to work with, management not so much.

ConsRude and arrogant managers, no sympathy for any employee concerns, did not care if we kept our jobs when the contract division went away. Basically had to reapply to stay put every 8 months to a year. No real raises unless you switched to a higher paying contract (which was hard.) Finally managed to get off of the phones for hard work, only to have Stream take it back 3 months later. Zero realistic chance for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue and stop treating people like things to be used and discarded.

Avoid if possible

Customer Service and Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThey promote from within, they have many bonus'.

ConsThe bonuses you have to wait three months to get and if you quit during that time you get nothing.
    The promotions come based on favourtism not skill or training.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should re-evaluate who hire and promotes.

They lie about what you'll be doing

Technical Support Professional (Former Employee)

Prosokay pay, decent training, and a nice break room.

ConsWas told i would not be doing sales in any form, then just after training was told our training group was to be part of a new program where we handle tech support, billing and sales, and would be going into training for sales. Those of us who did not want to do this were told flat out we could put our resignations in.

In the end I quit due to them not understanding the whole "I cannot get to work as early as you are asking because I take the bus", even though during the entire interview and training process they told us they'd work with people who took the bus to ensure they could get to work.

A skin-thickening learning experience that equipped me for further opportunities with other companies.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI learned a lot about working in an office environment, dealing with time-sensitive projects, and was able to develop a variety of skills that have helped me elsewhere in my career.

ConsPromotions were few and far between, raises even moreso. It's also not for people who can't deal with being yelled at on the phone (which happened quite a bit, obviously).

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people who are good at their jobs before they get burnt out.

Stream is a great beginner's job for experience

Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Eagan, MN

ProsStream was a plus for those without experience and the pay is great if you're used to smaller salaries

ConsStream wasnt very flexible with schedules and didnt take personal emergencies into consideration

Hahahaa! What a joke. Do it, if you are desperate. Once you leave, you won't be rehired... but why would you?

Tech Support for IOS (Former Employee) South Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood hard workers, decent TM's, massage chair, on bus route.

ConsToo many to state but management cares not for associates just metrics and feeding you lies and old, useless facts, micromanagement if you make their "bad" list, point system for attendance is outright stupid and can cause problems if you have to care for family at home, pay raise is just holding up your check, and the "bonus" is dependent on the whole site! I do recall a similar incident of one of the earlier complaints about an employee who needed to attend a funeral but couldn't because he had no PTO or points! Stupid. He left, too.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need training of new products when they are rushed into production. Some were fair, yet most showed favoritism but that is clearly needed since the attrition and turnover rate is higher than the Four Peaks!!

very good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosbest place too work really enjoyed it there

Consfavoritism needs to go away

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!