Stream Global Services Reviews

434 reviews filtered by
2.7
Stream Global Services President and CEO Andrea J. Ayers
Andrea J. Ayers

Pros
  • Overall Stream stands out as a better than average call center company (in 19 reviews)

• Once you are past the entry level stuff (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • it was way better as just stream i think, but it is a call center (in 20 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

1. HR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time

Pros

There really was not any of them

Cons

Work Environment / Morale / Management

2. bad company

I worked at Stream Global Services

Pros

none really.. there were xboxes.

Cons

low pay, bad hours, bad management.

3. I'd rather move to North Korea than work for Stream again.

Former Employee - Statistic in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Statistic in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Stream Global Services

Pros

The 1st level agents on the floor. They mean well, they do their job and they keep a smile on their face no matter how bad the day is

Cons

Everything
     - The management are incompetent at the most basic of tasks. There is also clear favouritism. It's definitely a case of who you know, not what you know.

- The business is based on CSATS and the good statistics you get back from a call. However if you were to take 100 calls and 99 of them were good, the business would punish you for having the bad stat, because it brings their over all stats down. They tell you to do better calls, but how? Most of the top level staff wouldn't have an idea how to take a call themselves.

- There are so many lies told it's hard to tell when someone is actually telling the truth. The HR department also seem to be addicted to sending emails to staff saying there is a promotion available. This gets every body to work their behinds off only for said promotion to not be available anymore and no one from HR to answer why.

- Did your bus break down and you were 10 minutes late? That's ok, they will just put you on a 6 month disciplinary,

- They also seem to get off from sacking large groups of people at Christmas time. Oh and if you want to work Xmas day they will give you lots of false promises about food and stuff being available but when you turn up its a muffin, a coffee and a cold piece of chicken.

- Money is crap, morale is crap, HR is crap, Management are crap, Don't even get me started on that terrible IT department.

- This job is the perfect place to go if you want to see what it's like to be treated as a number rather than a human.

- Oh I forgot about the roster. Many many many times they would change your roster a day before your week starts meaning that all your plans go up in smoke because no in the job can forecast correctly.

- Don't even get me started on some of the calls. Ughhhh

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage and give up on the nepotism. Everyone can see through your bull.
    Also, realize you guys are working in a call centre , not a government institution or an NGO.
    The level of smugness knows no bounds in this place.

Disorganisation

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The social atmosphere amongst employees.
    Front row tickets to corporate horror show experience.
    When business was low, unpaid leave was readily available.
    Facilities were generally of a moderate to good standard.

Cons

In a CS role, you will be trained to death to serve the customers needs in the robo-american fashion. Management will then contradict your training get you to sacrifice CS experience to meet ever increasing business targets (re: squeeze more revenue out of client

Tier 1 Agents will be treated as children. Hired and fired when senior management dictates. Example: They fired droves of staff over Christmas period, when clients new product will debut. Calls will shoot through the roof, being dropped left right and centre, with answered calls being rushed.
    Then they will hire staff too late, put them through 1 month training, and by the time they hit the floor, service levels balance out and more people will be fired.

When needing to cut staff, they will use frivolous KPI targets, regardless of your performance and customer satisfaction rate to justify termination.

When employees tried to promote joing the Telecommunications Workers Union, they were met with HR Meetings and sanctions (See above).

Promotion is based upon your social standing, not performance.

Ratio of Tier 2 Supervisors to Tier 1 Agents reduced to the point where Tier 2 Case levels are unmanageable, and Tier 1 Agents and customers suffer due to lack of coverage.

HR perform generally two functions only, Hire en-masse and fire en-masse; they are seen to be tools of senior management with no empathy for employees.

They will not hesitate to relocate your position to another country to avail of staff that will work for 1/4 wages.

Consistent, persistent job insecurity.

Never keep promises or commitments, rostered hours constantly changing.

Foreign language staff paid a minimum 22500 euro for generally quiet lines , while English line staff are paid 20,500 and constantly deal with much higher volumes and workload.

Low wages. Bonuses that 90 - 95% will never achieve.

A soul destroying experience, which teaches you to loathe the company.

6. A company run by children.

Former Employee - Customer Service and Technical Support Representative in Swords (Ireland)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time

Pros

The people you meet and get to work with are great.. That sums up the the pros.

Cons

Opportunities to move up the ladder are a myth within this company.
    Every week there is a new bonus offered for reaching certain targets but again they may as well have agreed to give you a pet unicorn, because in the end, you will not be given anything.

There is a constant threat of being fired and almost no consideration for circumstances.

They constantly fire and hire new staff for tier 1 support agents When really they need to get rid of some of their managers and their entire HR team.

The list goes on and on.

Advice to Management

Less fairy tales and more following through with promises.
    Hire less people and pay them more for doing their jobs well.

7. The horror, the horror....

Former Employee - Xbox Customer Support Tier I & Tier II in Swords (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Xbox Customer Support Tier I & Tier II in Swords (Ireland)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great peers, good banter. Building was nice and open.

Cons

Abysmal money
    Shocking promotion prospects (i.e none)
    Upper management only focused on their bonus rather than jobs
    The constant threat of being sacked instantly

The continuous threat of the client pulling the contract, the constant loss of jobs, the futility of trying to make friends in there as they may not be there tomorrow.

No job motivation, complete nepotism and social bias. The promise of promotions/wage increases if you do well that no matter how well you do never materialize.

I cannot stress that no matter how badly you need a job, you would be better off stacking shelves or begging on the street, the stress alone in this job will kill you.

Advice to Management

Strip out HR, strip out upper management and for the love of god treat your staff like people, not CSATS

8. Do you enjoy soul crushing jobs with no prospects whatsoever? Well, this is the place for you!

Former Employee - Tier I Agent in Swords (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Tier I Agent in Swords (Ireland)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people who work there on the phones are generally really easy to get along with, and they create an enjoyable atmosphere.

Cons

The management and HR team tear that enjoyable atmosphere down at every available opportunity. The HR team, when I worked there, were the most ignorant and stuck up bunch of people you could ever encounter. The Team Managers have a hard job, and for the most part, will genuinely try to make things easier for their agents. Unfortunately, the higher-ups will throw a spanner in the works as much as they can.

The salary is laughable, the "bonus" system is even worse. You have a CHANCE to get a 5% raise each year, but the chances of you getting more than 1% are slim to none.

The shifts are organised seemingly completely at random, and one could end up working for 10 days straight. You also don't get your shifts until a week before, so organising your life around them is pretty much impossible to do. Also, I hope you like working weekends, because you'll be working a LOT of weekends.

They change your job description on a daily basis, adding more and more work without adding any form of incentive to actually do this work. If you're thinking of looking for a change in career: AVOID THIS HELL HOLE. If you're looking for somewhere to get your foot in the door of the job market, do so at the expense of your happiness. This place is a soul-sucking pit, devoid of any enlightenment whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people, stop threatening them with their jobs because of "targets", and stop treating the place like a Gulag. If you want your employees to become better at their jobs, treat them like human beings, give them their warranted rewards instead of crushing their souls at every opportunity.

9. Not for me.

I worked at Stream Global Services

Pros

Friends and very close to my home.

Cons

Managers and training. Train better before sending us out on the floor.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as adults.

10. Hire and Fire... then... Hire and Fire some more...

Former Contractor - Computer Services Manager in Rio Rancho, NM
    Former Contractor - Computer Services Manager in Rio Rancho, NM

I worked at Stream Global Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Hey at least it's a job

Cons

Wondering if you'll have a job tomorrow... it's like high school.... but without hall passes and pink slips.

11. Worst job I've ever had

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chilliwack, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chilliwack, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Stream Global Services

Pros

I suppose it's better than sleeping in my car, but not by much.

Cons

No heat in the building. In the winter, cold air is brought in along with the surrounding manure smell of the fields.
    No raises.
    Constant lying from Management about everything.
    No firing of useless employees because it hurts their wee feelings, which in turn makes more work for the rest of us.
    Impossible to obtain bonuses.
    Crappy benefits.
    Every single thing comes down to money with this outfit. They don't care about the employees at all. It's strictly a money maker for them.
    They took away our long term disability benefit unless you're management even though we paid for it for years.
    Doesn't matter what you do, you're just not quite meeting their expectations.
    No sick days so coupled with the temperature and the flu, the whole building is sick all winter.
    There is nowhere to advance. You're either an agent or management, that's it.
    If you transfer to another department, you stand to have your wage dropped because the maximum level for that contract is not as high. I think this is actually illegal.
    There is no time off. At one point they expected us to call in every day for each day of vacation they were forced to give us until the outcry stopped it.
    They push the line, legally, as far as they can, and then when someone complains, then they dial it back. It's like they're constantly seeing how much they can get away with.
    No Union and if you mention it, then people mysteriously get let go. You don't get let go if you're incompetent however.

Advice to Management

Stop showing the younger generation that it's ok to treat people like crap. Now they think its ok and that's how employers are supposed to act. If you can't raise yourself up to be decent human beings and treat each other with respect, then a bad precedent is being set for the younger generation.

Stream Global Services Photos