Stream Global Services

Updated August 18, 2014

2.8

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello
Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • good environment to work and good people as well (in 10 reviews)

• Casual environment along with some unique benefits at the call center (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • No employee can manage a family or a life working at this call center (in 18 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Call center

Former Employee - Administrative Support  in  Watertown, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Support in Watertown, NY

Pros

The training will give you the bare minimum for success. Once you get on the floor it is up to you to want to succeed or fail. Trainers are semi informed.

Cons

Unprofessional, noone adhears to the dress code.

educate yourself and be more professional.

The place was horrible

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Eagan, MN

Pros

The hiring process was easy good people unless u r in upper. Management there

Cons

The worst! Management ever no one backs you up. They give their clients control of the company. CLUELESS. on managing a call Center.

Back you p your. Statements with action.

The worst employer ever

Former Employee - Order Verification Agent  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Order Verification Agent in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

There are no Pros to working for this company.

Cons

Their management and quality assurance people are in their early to mid 20's with no prior work experience or real knowledge of their duties.

My advice to management would be to go back to Mexico.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing and Unprofessional

Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support Salesforce.com  in  Watertown Center, NY
    Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support Salesforce.com in Watertown Center, NY

Pros

It was the only technical company in the area offering technical support jobs. Unfortunately, most of their jobs were account support positions, requiring less education and experience requirements.

Cons

In our room of over 100 support reps on the phone with customers, I heard the F-word and other derogatory statements about our clients regularly - unfortunately, the customer on the phone with me heard these as well!
    There was no respect for the customer, for the company, for the employees.
    I gave two weeks notice when I was leaving (most employees just didn't show up), HR was notified immediately. I had expected to use my remaining vacation during my last week only to find out accidentally that it's use or lose, no lump payment of earned vacation.

The company has been sold to Convergys - start with respect of customer and the employees.

Hahahaa! What a joke. Do it, if you are desperate. Once you leave, you won't be rehired... but why would you?

Former Employee - Tech Support for IOS  in  South Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Tech Support for IOS in South Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Good hard workers, decent TM's, massage chair, on bus route.

Cons

Too many to state but management cares not for associates just metrics and feeding you lies and old, useless facts, micromanagement if you make their "bad" list, point system for attendance is outright stupid and can cause problems if you have to care for family at home, pay raise is just holding up your check, and the "bonus" is dependent on the whole site! I do recall a similar incident of one of the earlier complaints about an employee who needed to attend a funeral but couldn't because he had no PTO or points! Stupid. He left, too.

They need training of new products when they are rushed into production. Some were fair, yet most showed favoritism but that is clearly needed since the attrition and turnover rate is higher than the Four Peaks!!

Out of all the Company's I have worked for this has to be the worst company EVER!!!

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

People you work with are great but don't get to know them too well as at any stage you or them could get a tap on the shoulder that your job is not there any more

Cons

Where do I start, The management are a joke... HR Department are a group of stuck up arrogant Kids, they have no people skills what soever. There are no permanent positions ever, you are made promises and they are broken, you are told one thing at induction and a completely different thing once you start working.

It would do you good to pay the staff that have left. Get rid of your HR Team, they are so unprofessional and condescending. Answer the phones and reply to emails. This has got to be the worst run company I have ever worked for and would actually consider leaving it from my CV. This was the first job that I actually left and it was the best decision I have ever made. I have nothing but bad things to say about this company and am actually getting quite angry whilst writing this, thinking back on the way all our team member were treated..... Cowboy Company

Abysmal

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional II  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional II in Beaverton, OR

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Even the pro of "having a job" doesn't count because this place is just THAT bad (and I worked there for six years).

Cons

This is a churn-and-burn call center. They hire anyone who can pound their fist on a keyboard (we had an older woman who didn't know how to operate even the basics of windows). They stopped raises 2 years into my employment, citing "poor economy" but never reinstated them. When they do offer pay increases, they are tiny. The pile as much work onto one employee as they can. The most strict attendance policy I have ever encountered. They will not excuse absences from your pool, even if you can prove it was out of your control (like the MAX train losing power in the middle of the zoo tunnel). You must get permission if you need more than a quick sprint to the bathroom, even if it's an emergency like a bloody nose. They refuse to treat employees like adults. At best, they make half-hearted attempts to improve morale. But it's more looming over employees and demanding forced happiness rather than doing anything to inspire happiness. A frequent greeting between employees, at least on my contracts, was to mime some violent act--gun to the head, slit throat, noose--anything to signify "end this, now." Their health insurance is too expensive for their own employees to afford. It is a miserable, awful place that doesn't even pay very well. Here you are perpetually the middle child--all responsibility, no perks.

Train your employees better. Treat your employees with some measure of trust, as if they were actually adults. Don't micro-manage. Let your employees flourish, replace those who don't cut it. Provide for your employees. Maintain things that improve morale at all times, not just during crunch times--something more than activities intended for school children.

Great place to gain call center experience if u dint have any

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Sometimes we do not get calls for weeks in a row but we still get paid.

Cons

No pay raises. No room for growth. Company just got bought out by converges. Always changing.

Fire all managers & get new ones

Really bad experience working at their eagan location.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Manager in Eagan, MN

Pros

Anyone will get hired. No drug test or background check. Nice job for those who cannot get anything else. Easy to get promoted.

Cons

People selling controled substances at work. Lots of favoritism and racial diacrimination. If you are white, you can get away with anything but if you are not, watch out.

Get your facts straight before acting on rumors.

Wretched

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional II  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional II in Beaverton, OR

Pros

Pros: no manual labor. Get to sit at a desk all day.

Sometimes the customers were actually nice, or at least, weren't horrible excuses for human beings.

I did learn a bit about computers, networking, and more than I'll ever need to know about gaming consoles (one in particular).

They will hire ANYONE. Not minimum wage.

Cons

Run more like a prison than a workplace. Chained to your desk (via having to be available on phone). Breaks are timed. You get phone calls if you're on break/phone is set to meeting code (not available for call) too long. No phones, books, paper, pencils, ANYTHING allowed on-floor. Have to have a note if you're out sick, or you get "points" - too many points, and you get canned (Also get points for being late). Joyless, dismal place.

Treat your employees like people, not cattle. Loosen up the strings a bit and people won't be desperate to get out. Then you won't have to hire anyone desperate enough to apply, and you won't get screwups or idiots who ruin everything for the rest of us.

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!