Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello

Kathryn Marinello

Pros:
  • "good environment to work and good people as well"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Casual environment along with some unique benefits at the call center"
    in 16 reviews
Cons:
  • "No employee can manage a family or a life working at this call center"
    in 17 reviews
  • "No raises even if you make supervisor"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Hahahaa! What a joke. Do it, if you are desperate. Once you leave, you won't be rehired... but why would you?

Tech Support for IOS (Former Employee)
    South Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood hard workers, decent TM's, massage chair, on bus route.

ConsToo many to state but management cares not for associates just metrics and feeding you lies and old, useless facts, micromanagement if you make their "bad" list, point system for attendance is outright stupid and can cause problems if you have to care for family at home, pay raise is just holding up your check, and the "bonus" is dependent on the whole site! I do recall a similar incident of one of the earlier complaints about an employee who needed to attend a funeral but couldn't because he had no PTO or points! Stupid. He left, too.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need training of new products when they are rushed into production. Some were fair, yet most showed favoritism but that is clearly needed since the attrition and turnover rate is higher than the Four Peaks!!

They lie about what you'll be doing

Technical Support Professional (Former Employee)

Prosokay pay, decent training, and a nice break room.

ConsWas told i would not be doing sales in any form, then just after training was told our training group was to be part of a new program where we handle tech support, billing and sales, and would be going into training for sales. Those of us who did not want to do this were told flat out we could put our resignations in.

In the end I quit due to them not understanding the whole "I cannot get to work as early as you are asking because I take the bus", even though during the entire interview and training process they told us they'd work with people who took the bus to ensure they could get to work.

Out of all the Company's I have worked for this has to be the worst company EVER!!!

Technical Support Professional (Former Employee)
    Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsPeople you work with are great but don't get to know them too well as at any stage you or them could get a tap on the shoulder that your job is not there any more

ConsWhere do I start, The management are a joke... HR Department are a group of stuck up arrogant Kids, they have no people skills what soever. There are no permanent positions ever, you are made promises and they are broken, you are told one thing at induction and a completely different thing once you start working.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would do you good to pay the staff that have left. Get rid of your HR Team, they are so unprofessional and condescending. Answer the phones and reply to emails. This has got to be the worst run company I have ever worked for and would actually consider leaving it from my CV. This was the first job that I actually left and it was the best decision I have ever made. I have nothing but bad things to say about this company and am actually getting quite angry whilst writing this, thinking back on the way all our team member were treated..... Cowboy Company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a bad place to work, not great either.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCasual dress and friendly atmosphere.

ConsNot much as far as pay or a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

Really Professional services.

Support Professional (Former Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

ProsPolicies which are mandatory for everyone in the organisation and I have observed everyone is following that.

ConsTravelling issue as the office is located far away from my home.

Advice to Senior ManagementSuperb you guys are doing amazing job.

Abysmal

Technical Support Professional II (Former Employee)
    Beaverton, OR

ProsAbsolutely nothing. Even the pro of "having a job" doesn't count because this place is just THAT bad (and I worked there for six years).

ConsThis is a churn-and-burn call center. They hire anyone who can pound their fist on a keyboard (we had an older woman who didn't know how to operate even the basics of windows). They stopped raises 2 years into my employment, citing "poor economy" but never reinstated them. When they do offer pay increases, they are tiny. The pile as much work onto one employee as they can. The most strict attendance policy I have ever encountered. They will not excuse absences from your pool, even if you can prove it was out of your control (like the MAX train losing power in the middle of the zoo tunnel). You must get permission if you need more than a quick sprint to the bathroom, even if it's an emergency like a bloody nose. They refuse to treat employees like adults. At best, they make half-hearted attempts to improve morale. But it's more looming over employees and demanding forced happiness rather than doing anything to inspire happiness. A frequent greeting between employees, at least on my contracts, was to mime some violent act--gun to the head, slit throat, noose--anything to signify "end this, now." Their health insurance is too expensive for their own employees to afford. It is a miserable, awful place that doesn't even pay very well. Here you are perpetually the middle child--all responsibility, no perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees better. Treat your employees with some measure of trust, as if they were actually adults. Don't micro-manage. Let your employees flourish, replace those who don't cut it. Provide for your employees. Maintain things that improve morale at all times, not just during crunch times--something more than activities intended for school children.

A skin-thickening learning experience that equipped me for further opportunities with other companies.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI learned a lot about working in an office environment, dealing with time-sensitive projects, and was able to develop a variety of skills that have helped me elsewhere in my career.

ConsPromotions were few and far between, raises even moreso. It's also not for people who can't deal with being yelled at on the phone (which happened quite a bit, obviously).

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people who are good at their jobs before they get burnt out.

Great place to gain call center experience if u dint have any

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsSometimes we do not get calls for weeks in a row but we still get paid.

ConsNo pay raises. No room for growth. Company just got bought out by converges. Always changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all managers & get new ones

Really bad experience working at their eagan location.

Manager (Former Employee)
    Eagan, MN

ProsAnyone will get hired. No drug test or background check. Nice job for those who cannot get anything else. Easy to get promoted.

ConsPeople selling controled substances at work. Lots of favoritism and racial diacrimination. If you are white, you can get away with anything but if you are not, watch out.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your facts straight before acting on rumors.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good job while finding a real one.

Senior Support Professional (Former Employee)
    Chilliwack, BC (Canada)

Pros- anyone can get hired
    - 1-3 weeks of paid training, perfect time to job hunt
    - "everyone is in this crap together" mentality, so your co-workers are your support group
    - great experience in that it really stresses the importance of some sort of post-secondary education or training

Cons- they try to press this disgusting corporate-cult mentality, but they don't pay high enough or provide enough benefits for anyone to take it seriously other than a few brainwashed lifers
    - Limited number of sick days
    - Salary caps at $15/hr, even for team managers

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the churn-and-burn employment tactics, you're going to run out of suckers eventually.

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stream Global Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stream Global Services CEO Kathryn Marinello . All 350 reviews posted anonymously by Stream Global Services employees.