Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello

Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • good environment to work and good people as well(in 10 reviews)

• Casual environment along with some unique benefits at the call center(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • No employee can manage a family or a life working at this call center(in 18 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach(in 13 reviews)

Cool place to work

Prosnice co-workers
    nice managers
    decent work schedules if your stats are good.

Conslack of bonus
    lack of pay increasements

Advice to Senior Managementgive more pay incentives like other call centers

Customer Service

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsSome nice colleagues and a muffin on Fridays.

ConsAbsolutely atrocious systems to work with. It was difficult to keep track of your cases as they stopped appearing on your screen if someone else added anything to the history. Very few took real responsibility and would only just read the top comment and/or respond with a quick fix, resulting in several cases not being solved at all. Instead they skipped between different members of the team and grew larger and more complicated with every call and attempt to solve the case. They started out as simple but were constantly delayed, neglected and complicated with very angry customers as a result. It all just piled up and there was nothing we could do as the system in which we worked were broken in itself.

There was initially a bonus system which empathized quality but it was really all about quantity anyway and we were mainly praised for the number of cases handled. It all created an environment in which it was very difficult to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think this is a place where stars are born or talent gather. With that said I think there was potential in a few, I just wish they would have had a clearer view of what it is to be a leader. Most of them were stuck between the role of a leader and the will to be just like everyone else and keep friendly with all of the employees.

No loyalty to employees at all

Customer Support Professional (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsLearned how to do customer service and do it well. Good team to work with, management not so much.

ConsRude and arrogant managers, no sympathy for any employee concerns, did not care if we kept our jobs when the contract division went away. Basically had to reapply to stay put every 8 months to a year. No real raises unless you switched to a higher paying contract (which was hard.) Finally managed to get off of the phones for hard work, only to have Stream take it back 3 months later. Zero realistic chance for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue and stop treating people like things to be used and discarded.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK no longer there

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Vermillion, SD

ProsPros – If you apply yourself you can make a good wage and have a good overall workplace environment. I do feel that my upper management like my manager, and center manager care about me as a person, not just as a sales person.

ConsThe countless reports have to stop. The iPad registers are fantastic, but its a tool, if you dont use it 90% of the time, I have a manager up my behind asking why. Its a tool to better server our customer, but you have us on such a short leash that if we dont use it we get in trouble, and for what? The only reason I see is to justify the amount of money you pad to apple to get the devices. The same goes for the Payment Kiosk, we cant take payments for customers at our station, why? When I'm in a customers account taking a payment it gives me the opportunity to add features, if they use the Kiosk I get no such chance, its a wasted opportunity, but hey you have to justify buying all those kiosks, or "tools" so we better have all our customers use that station. Next thing you know I'm going to have a report outlining why I use the orange highlighter more than the yellow, or a blue pen vs a black. All these reports justifying the purchase of tools to help me, just slow us down because we're all paranoid, if we've used the mobile opus enough or not.

Dead end

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsColleagues are great, not much else

ConsTerrible management, useless HR department, blatant favouritism especially in relation to internal promotions, very detrimental to morale

Avoid if possible

Customer Service and Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThey promote from within, they have many bonus'.

ConsThe bonuses you have to wait three months to get and if you quit during that time you get nothing.
    The promotions come based on favourtism not skill or training.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should re-evaluate who hire and promotes.

Hahahaa! What a joke. Do it, if you are desperate. Once you leave, you won't be rehired... but why would you?

Tech Support for IOS (Former Employee) South Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood hard workers, decent TM's, massage chair, on bus route.

ConsToo many to state but management cares not for associates just metrics and feeding you lies and old, useless facts, micromanagement if you make their "bad" list, point system for attendance is outright stupid and can cause problems if you have to care for family at home, pay raise is just holding up your check, and the "bonus" is dependent on the whole site! I do recall a similar incident of one of the earlier complaints about an employee who needed to attend a funeral but couldn't because he had no PTO or points! Stupid. He left, too.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need training of new products when they are rushed into production. Some were fair, yet most showed favoritism but that is clearly needed since the attrition and turnover rate is higher than the Four Peaks!!

They lie about what you'll be doing

Technical Support Professional (Former Employee)

Prosokay pay, decent training, and a nice break room.

ConsWas told i would not be doing sales in any form, then just after training was told our training group was to be part of a new program where we handle tech support, billing and sales, and would be going into training for sales. Those of us who did not want to do this were told flat out we could put our resignations in.

In the end I quit due to them not understanding the whole "I cannot get to work as early as you are asking because I take the bus", even though during the entire interview and training process they told us they'd work with people who took the bus to ensure they could get to work.

Out of all the Company's I have worked for this has to be the worst company EVER!!!

Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsPeople you work with are great but don't get to know them too well as at any stage you or them could get a tap on the shoulder that your job is not there any more

ConsWhere do I start, The management are a joke... HR Department are a group of stuck up arrogant Kids, they have no people skills what soever. There are no permanent positions ever, you are made promises and they are broken, you are told one thing at induction and a completely different thing once you start working.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would do you good to pay the staff that have left. Get rid of your HR Team, they are so unprofessional and condescending. Answer the phones and reply to emails. This has got to be the worst run company I have ever worked for and would actually consider leaving it from my CV. This was the first job that I actually left and it was the best decision I have ever made. I have nothing but bad things to say about this company and am actually getting quite angry whilst writing this, thinking back on the way all our team member were treated..... Cowboy Company

Not a bad place to work, not great either.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCasual dress and friendly atmosphere.

ConsNot much as far as pay or a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!