Stream Global Services Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Great company with a true customer centric approach.

Pros

Ability to work from home; and providing the tools to insure success. Great yearly kick off meetings with very productive break out sessions and events.

Cons

Inconsistent culture across multiple regions. This stems from inconsistent management.

Advice to Management

Management training programs on a global scale. Leverage the training team to accomplish this.

2. Not for me.

Pros

Friends and very close to my home.

Cons

Managers and training. Train better before sending us out on the floor.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as adults.

3. Stream/Convergys

Former Employee - Tech Reo
    Former Employee - Tech Reo

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

high energy, nice remodeled building, ability to move within contracts both by choice and when other contracts are ending they try to keep you working, I have always has great managers

Cons

no long term job security due to the changing contracts, pay scale is low and almost impossible to live on if you have to commute or a single salary household

Advice to Management

It would be great if there were more of a communication and ability to move within the company even at other locations

5. Not too shabby

Pros

Worked with great people, good morale inside the building. There was a on site cafeteria that actually served some great food even healthy choices

Cons

Leads were sometimes unreachable. Would have been better if it seemed like they knew what reps actually went through on the phone

Advice to Management

None

6. A Bright Spot in a Difficult Industry

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional I in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional I in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very supportive subject matter experts, incredibly patient management, pay was fair for the area, never had to want for hours, training was paid at full pay. mistakes were accepted without significant repercussions, co-workers were nice and personable. Overall Stream stands out as a better than average call center company.

Cons

Training failed to cover the majority of what was needed and my instructor asked to be supplied with prescription drugs. You only get one raise and then your income is fixed. Tier 1 tech, tier 2 tech and SMEs all make about the same money despite the vast difference in responsibility. Lunches were scheduled for an hour but were often cut to a half hour to force overtime. Mandatory overtime lasted for months as well. All time off the phone came out of breaks so going to the bathroom meant shorter or even no breaks. This was due to the client, not stream but this was still an annoyance.

Advice to Management

Reward success with more than a title change. More should separate Tier I, II and SMEs than a dime an hour. The benefits were so low as to be completely worthless. I would suggest offering an Obama care compliant health plan, a one to one match on paychecks instead of the 25 percent match offered for the 401k.

7. tech support

Current Employee - Tech Support Professional in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Tech Support Professional in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you can have as long as calls as you want the people are great. you don't have to deal with the billing and other issues

Cons

convergys took over the company and running it into the ground. it was way better as just stream i think, but it is a call center! I enjoyed the android operations systems tech support and fixed many issues. to bad they think that you are just a number even if you perform very well, you are all the same and very disspoable.

8. WRSC

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot about the cellular industry. Potential to make lifelong friendships. Relaxed work environment for the most part. If you're lucky enough to have team manager that likes you and values your work ethic they will truly fight to get you what you need.

Cons

Inconsistent. Management seems somewhat engaged with concerns of employees but does very minimum to resolve issue. Like most places corporate jobs "drinking the kook-aid" is the only way to improve your everyday work experience. Incentives are constantly changing and metric seem almost impossible to meet at times. Too many stipulations associated with rewarding non-salary employees

9. Good company before the buyout. No idea now.

Former Employee - Computer Services Coordinator in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Computer Services Coordinator in Eagan, MN

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My role was odd, supporting both top execs and mid-level call center folks. The power and autonomy of the role were great, and the things I learned from some execs and from an international collection of IT experts were invaluable. I also had a small taste of working in Information Security, which was fascinating.

Cons

Like many companies we were stretched thin. The people were reasonable about not calling me on nickel and dime concerns, but when anything was down (weekly) I'd get calls anytime. For execs I was on call 24x7x365 for more than a year. Also I suspect many jobs have been and will be moving away from Minnesota since the buyout.

Advice to Management

Rotate on-call times and always hire at least two IT guys per group to ensure real time off. Eventually I was able to trade with my more experienced coworker, but it was a very tiring first year. Also be sure to spend enough time and cash up front on infrastructure before filling a 300-seat building, to avoid frequent down-times. Our WAN - upon which everything depended - was a nightmare for the first few months in Eagan, and took a year to become reliable. Oof.

10. Great Place to Train and Get Experience

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers good training for entry level workers. It has a professional organizational structure and there can be excellent advancement opportunities for hard workers. The work can provide a strong technical background and experience if someone is willing to put in the time to study and learn from co-workers.

Cons

The work can be stressful after a while, with long hours on the phone and strong focus on performance measures. If someone doesn't like sitting all day and talking on the phone for an eight hour shift, he or she could get burned out. There are also expectations for performing to certain standards consistently.

Advice to Management

Remember to treat each employee as an individual, even while trying to hold everyone to standard requirements.

11. CSR

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time

Pros

Very fast pace, good hours if you work hard

Cons

Sometimes they "mess" up on compensation of comission and it sucks cause they really dont want to pay you

Advice to Management

Change the comp pay scheduel a little to where its not based on the client but how we preform

RSS Feed </> Embed