Stream Global Services

Updated January 25, 2015
2.8

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello
Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • Overall Stream stands out as a better than average call center company (in 19 reviews)

• Once you are past the entry level stuff (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • it was way better as just stream i think, but it is a call center (in 20 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Not a bad place to work, not great either.

I worked at Stream Global Services

Pros

Casual dress and friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Not much as far as pay or a raise.

Listen to your employees.

A skin-thickening learning experience that equipped me for further opportunities with other companies.

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I learned a lot about working in an office environment, dealing with time-sensitive projects, and was able to develop a variety of skills that have helped me elsewhere in my career.

Cons

Promotions were few and far between, raises even moreso. It's also not for people who can't deal with being yelled at on the phone (which happened quite a bit, obviously).

Promote people who are good at their jobs before they get burnt out.

Stream is a great beginner's job for experience

Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Eagan, MN

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Stream was a plus for those without experience and the pay is great if you're used to smaller salaries

Cons

Stream wasnt very flexible with schedules and didnt take personal emergencies into consideration

Hahahaa! What a joke. Do it, if you are desperate. Once you leave, you won't be rehired... but why would you?

Former Employee - Tech Support for IOS in South Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Tech Support for IOS in South Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good hard workers, decent TM's, massage chair, on bus route.

Cons

Too many to state but management cares not for associates just metrics and feeding you lies and old, useless facts, micromanagement if you make their "bad" list, point system for attendance is outright stupid and can cause problems if you have to care for family at home, pay raise is just holding up your check, and the "bonus" is dependent on the whole site! I do recall a similar incident of one of the earlier complaints about an employee who needed to attend a funeral but couldn't because he had no PTO or points! Stupid. He left, too.

They need training of new products when they are rushed into production. Some were fair, yet most showed favoritism but that is clearly needed since the attrition and turnover rate is higher than the Four Peaks!!

They lie about what you'll be doing

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

okay pay, decent training, and a nice break room.

Cons

Was told i would not be doing sales in any form, then just after training was told our training group was to be part of a new program where we handle tech support, billing and sales, and would be going into training for sales. Those of us who did not want to do this were told flat out we could put our resignations in.

In the end I quit due to them not understanding the whole "I cannot get to work as early as you are asking because I take the bus", even though during the entire interview and training process they told us they'd work with people who took the bus to ensure they could get to work.

very good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

best place too work really enjoyed it there

Cons

favoritism needs to go away

Marginal experience, marginal work place, invisible merger to convergys - Dell ProSupport.

Former Employee - Dell ProSupport in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Dell ProSupport in Tampa, FL

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy entry. Need a job paying $12/hr? Just submit an application and they will call.
    Show up and you're okay.
    Last 6 months you can get moved around. If you're a bit ambitious it can be as little as 4 - 6 weeks.
    After 90 days you're considered a full "Dell" Prosupport Agent and can act in the role as one for everything.
    Can get off work easily, everyone hates it so they don't really pressure you to stay or guilt trip you in.

Cons

Low pay for work performed - Dell.
    *REAL* Dell Agents start at $15/hr for L1 - Prosupport is L2 which in TS and TX campus pay is minimum at $18/hr.
    Paychecks are handed out on Monday.
    Network Downtime is HUGE. Annoying, can't do any "work" - if the network goes down when you're on the phone - it's not fun to have to tell a client/customer to call back or that you would call them back. It is not on Dell's end - it is on Stream/Convergys end. 95% up time usually - horrible.

**Micromanaging by Moderators. ** Moderators are entry level management, literally middle - middle manager. Their main role is to make sure people (Internal Agents) don't commit fraud over providing service to the customer, then cost reduction, then agent education.

They try to force a "25" minute average time, if you go over they'll pester you every few minutes asking what's up. This is because they bill Dell .80 cents a minute, which is capped at 25 minutes - after that Stream/Convergys takes the bill. For the other metrics, they also receive quarter bonuses (not you, the employee, the employer - the company - stream/convergys) if they meet or excel in other metrics - customer satisfaction (CSAT), RDR - Return Dispatch Rate / if the issue was properly diagnosed, or not, - email bounce back, etc.

Horrible corporate "fun" days such as work in Pajamas (backfired horribly for the other call queues)
    Generic environment. No one is happy to be there. Grilled cheese tax day and etc. I guess you can say HR tries, but it is a hollow gesture.

Smokers unite, if you smoke you hang out in the front and make friends w/ management easiest this way.
    Managers/Team Leads/Moderators don't know your name unless you pop up on their watch list for poor customer reviews, poor customer service, not showing up, late or such- if you perform your metrics right they won't even say hello.

Don't hire people that don't know how to turn on a computer.
    Make the interview quiz much more complex, having people in the training class that don't know troubleshooting 101 is a pain for the whole class.
    Make checks available Friday, not Monday.

If this was a telecommute job, it wouldn't be as horrible.
    It won't happen with this job though, PCI compliance and Cust privacy..

Abysmal

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional II in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional II in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Even the pro of "having a job" doesn't count because this place is just THAT bad (and I worked there for six years).

Cons

This is a churn-and-burn call center. They hire anyone who can pound their fist on a keyboard (we had an older woman who didn't know how to operate even the basics of windows). They stopped raises 2 years into my employment, citing "poor economy" but never reinstated them. When they do offer pay increases, they are tiny. The pile as much work onto one employee as they can. The most strict attendance policy I have ever encountered. They will not excuse absences from your pool, even if you can prove it was out of your control (like the MAX train losing power in the middle of the zoo tunnel). You must get permission if you need more than a quick sprint to the bathroom, even if it's an emergency like a bloody nose. They refuse to treat employees like adults. At best, they make half-hearted attempts to improve morale. But it's more looming over employees and demanding forced happiness rather than doing anything to inspire happiness. A frequent greeting between employees, at least on my contracts, was to mime some violent act--gun to the head, slit throat, noose--anything to signify "end this, now." Their health insurance is too expensive for their own employees to afford. It is a miserable, awful place that doesn't even pay very well. Here you are perpetually the middle child--all responsibility, no perks.

Train your employees better. Treat your employees with some measure of trust, as if they were actually adults. Don't micro-manage. Let your employees flourish, replace those who don't cut it. Provide for your employees. Maintain things that improve morale at all times, not just during crunch times--something more than activities intended for school children.

Really bad experience working at their eagan location.

Former Employee - Manager in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Manager in Eagan, MN

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Anyone will get hired. No drug test or background check. Nice job for those who cannot get anything else. Easy to get promoted.

Cons

People selling controled substances at work. Lots of favoritism and racial diacrimination. If you are white, you can get away with anything but if you are not, watch out.

Get your facts straight before acting on rumors.

Great place to gain call center experience if u dint have any

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sometimes we do not get calls for weeks in a row but we still get paid.

Cons

No pay raises. No room for growth. Company just got bought out by converges. Always changing.

Fire all managers & get new ones

Stream Global Services Photos