StreetDelivery.com

StreetDelivery.com – “STREETDELIVERY.COM”

Andrew Logan

Photographer

Photographer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThis company deserves a good review. I have been a photographer for over a year. Support staff is excellent. This company tested me in the beginning before the staff was adjusted to compensate for the increased volume. The company does not overhire and then lay off. My route is great. I start early, finish the route, then do the computer work at home. Some days can be over 12 hours, which was a regular thing not so long ago. However, I was used to that with my past field work. Getting a car that can use the carpool lane really cuts days short some of the time. Car expense checks are good, with the difference being written off on my taxes. So that's great because I can drive what I want to drive. I was stuck in a Ford E150 at my last field tech position. My current choice is much better. Managers are great, performance reviews are right on. Trust me...I'm not going anywhere for a long time.

ConsNo job is perfect. So I won't pick this one apart like a surgeon. There are no deal breakers with this job. I'm not a complainer anyway. I just make adjustments according to position requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change a thing.

former Photographer

Customer Service Photographer (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a lot of flexibility in how you work. Your work load varies from day to day, so at least everyday is somewhat different. Some of the people are great to work for, the pay is good.

ConsThe car allowance, while nice, can be way under what is recommended by the federal government. Plan on a lot of ware and tare on your car at your own expense. Be prepared for some people in the company to say anything to get you to do what they want you to do and then deny saying it once you get what they want done- thats why I left.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent throughout the company. Do not have one manager say one thing and another say something completely different.

Loved It....

Photographer/Field Investigator (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

Proswork from home, work was good. Some of you are concerned about the mileage, however what do you think you signed up for?????, it was a great position.

Conspart-time.. Just wasn't the hours for me, needed to find regular 40 hours, yet if they called tomorrow and said it was full time, I'd be there in a heart beat.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing really.... I would say I got along with them well.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Photographer/Field Investigator (Current Employee) Alexandria, PA

ProsExactly what I think anyone would want with their job. Do you work on time and virtually no hassles. Work from home. Take a lunch break or eat in your car while working its all up to you. . Schedule out your day with you preferences while minding the responsiveness to the customer. Extremely flexible schedule within the parameters of completing the work that is assigned, although if you are assigned an impossible workload it is what it is... impossible.. When you work longer than 8 hours to meet the expectations of the customer it always helps to remember those days that are 2-4hr, it all evens out Most claims/jobs due Monday are assigned on Friday, so if you like to work a couple hours over the weekend at your convenience! The result is improved responsiveness to the client and a shorter day on Monday, or off Monday if you do it all on the weekend.. Awesome, love it, just about 4 years in and feeling fresh.

ConsOccasionally running into the same route for a few days in a row is a little bit of a bummer. Going different places and slight variances in what you are doing is the best thing you can do to make it feel like you aren't in Groundhog Day.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou started doing it right about 1 year ago.

I've been with the company for over 11 yrs and not going anywhere.

Administrative (Current Employee)

ProsClose knit, family type environment. I understand the employees on the road tend to feel isolated from the home office atmosphere. We try to keep the website updated with current changes, as well as have a Facebook employee page for employees to connect and trade information. - I am NOT management, just a 40 hour a week employee like all of you.

ConsThis is a start up company, that has had some small glitches to work through. The idea had never been done before, and some parts have been trial and error. Its not perfect, but somehow it's worked for over a decade. Any/all suggestions are welcome.

I've had a good experience with the company since I started 3 years ago.

Field Staff (Current Employee)

ProsSupportive management, benefits are getting better, increased mileage and cell phone reimbursements. Great car allowance $460 per month.

ConsIt's a very solitary job being out on the road all day alone. Wish the pay was better.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is getting busier and busier so they must be doing something right.

Poorly run company.

Photographer/Field Investigator (Current Employee)

ProsYou do have some flexibility in your schedule. You will never meet your boss and you get paid weekly. Nice to be outside when the weather is good.

ConsNo respect given to workers. Reimbursement for auto expenses unacceptable. Even if you work 60 hours a week you are not doing a good job. Required to have a computer, GPS, cell phone, printer, scanner, even safety equipment - they to not provide it. After you factor in the car expenses, it might be better to flip hamburgers.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to change your management style. The days of slave drivers are gone. Once the economy picks up, you are trouble.

Total Burnout....

Photographer (Current Employee)

ProsWork on your own... which I like.

ConsWay too much driving.... I put over 60K miles on my car per year (now on my 4th car). Vehicle reimbursement policy is a joke, no cell phone allowance, No raise in 5 years, The health insurance is way too expensive and covers very little. No overtime, but if you don't get 40 hours in you hear about it. Next closest employee to me is 140 miles away, which means draw a circle on a map with 140 mile perimeter, all that territory has to be covered by me... and if someone goes on vacation, thats right I'm driving even farther away.

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow us a bone..... Employees are spaced too far away from each other. Try driving as much as we do to see how it is. We are actually doing 2 jobs for the price of one.

This is the definition of a dead end job.

Field Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThe best part of the job is the fact that you don't have to maintain much contact with management, as long as you do your job. They do not micro manage their employees.

ConsThe vehicle reimbursement policy is a joke. Especially when I drive 4000-5000 miles per month. It equates to about $0.10 per mile. Do the math. By the time you pay for insurance, taxes, and maintenance, it is a losing situation.

There is no cell phone allowance. I use 400 minutes/month.
    There is no IT allowance. I had to buy a laptop computer. High speed internet is also $75./month.
    There is no 401k or any type of retirement benefits.
    There are no raises, no reviews, and no hope of advancement within the company. Most employees have not had a raise, EVER!
    The health insurance, which I pay for, is meager at best.

Why am I still here?

No micromanagement.
    The economy stinks and there are no other jobs to be had.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople like this job because you are on your own, in the field. The reasons listed above are legitimate gripes that are not addressed by management. The fact that there are no employee reviews or pay raises is a farce.

this company takes advantage of its employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only good thing about working at this company is that you work on your own. However the number of hours you are expected to drive is insane and dangerous, worse than a lowlife truck driving job. I think I would rather work at a factory in China.

ConsThe cons have been mentioned before in the other reviews here. This company might have been a good idea in 2001, but they haven't kept up with the times and they are taking it out on their employees by making them work like slaves. If your car breaks down, if your kid gets sick, if you yourself get ill --> you have to work anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management - Get out of the business, you're washed up.

Worked for StreetDelivery.com? Contribute to the Community!