StreetLinks

Add Photos

Steve Haslam

New Beginnings are Great, Be ready for many, many, many changes

Quality Control Underwriter (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGrowing company with lots of exciting changes and potential growth if you are strong enough to tough it out.

ConsGrowth of staff and compensation is reduced by automated processes and outsourcing. Benefits are sub-substantial, someone is making the money but it is not put into the workers compensation or benefits. Poor holiday benefits and be prepared to work semi-rotating shift (working at least one late shift per week). If you work overtime on Saturdays, you are working straight time as you must take off a day during the week to off-set the hours worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe worker's helped to build your company and make it stand out in the business market, however there is no reward for the hard working, dependable employee's who stuck by your side and struggled in the not-so-good high anxiety times. The last Christmas gift was nice, however everyone was aware that the ipad cost was nominal for the company and it was soothing to your egos knowing you were laying off a high number of dedicated employees within the next 30 days without notice. That was cruel.

Good for some not for others

ProsLaid back casual dress you can just about where anything to work. The people are nice!

ConsLeadership is under qualified, training is terrible unless you have experience with AMC's. If you are 1 minute late you WILL be written up. There is no flexibility with being tardy or calling out. Saw several people get fired. Don't get me wrong leadership is cool however, they don't spend there day coaching and developing well no one does this unless you do something wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage by coaching and developing be more proactive in your management approach. Revamp training (dumb it down) Be honest with your employees if they are messing up tell them and help them do better don't just watch them fail.

Who wants to work here?

Director of Audit and Compliance (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosnothing to like about this place. Who would want to work for an outfit like this? Overworked and underpaid

ConsYou name it. They have a neat little pass the buck cover their rear system that rips off unsuspecting consumers. Complaints roll in all the time. Litigation will probably shut the place down
    Everyone is underpaid and has no benefits All the while the CEO is getting rich off the backs of all this . Don't tell anyone you work here or you might get mugged. I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to work for someone with morals. You wont find them here. Get a life

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Glad it's over

Quality Control Underwriter (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe PTO time is generous

ConsMultiple reviews/year, micromanaged, pay increases very disappointing despite hardwork & all the mandatory overtime, late night mandatory 1x a week and mandatory Saturday every month or so.

Outsourced company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosthere are none. The company has went downhill in the last 2 years

Conscompany outsourced to India. No employee hired knows anything about the appraisal process. They are trained terribly so you don't have anyone reviewing appraisals who know what they are doing. Micro managed, underpaid, and the CEO makes millions off the banks including borrowers. They overwork employees and give them a 13 cent raise. This company is a joke

Advice to Senior Managementclose the company down or start hiring people that know what they are doing

The best Temp Job for the season

Status Processor (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsI enjoyed the people (employees & management), the dress code, and the pay was ok too. They had great training to get you started with and wanted you to feel like part of the team. I enjoyed my time there. They are still new to the cell center business, but have most of the AMC business right. One of the better AMCs out there.

ConsThe big waves of temp hires and firings. It repeats 4-5 times per year, as per the appraisal market demands. Out of every training class of temps made perm, only 2-3 stay on. Only 3 of the 10 original supervisors are still there. They need more experience with being a call center and keeping the guide lines straight, instead of changing them every other month.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek out an experienced call center advisory person to keep both offices moving to the future and spend less time with trail & errors.

bad companay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Prosnone their pay is terrible and they are cheap

Consterrible micro management. They are a greedy company

Advice to Senior Managementthey dont take advice

Exercise Caution

Status Processor (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Pros1. Casual Dress Code 2. Flexible Schedule (8-5, 9-6, 10-7, 12-9 shifts) 3. Friendly Co-Workers

Cons1. Low Pay : Temp Associate = $12/hr. Status Processor : $12.50/hr. Escalation Processor : $13/hr. (after 90 day probationary period) Team Lead : $15/hr. (after 90 day probationary period)

2. Job Security : The company operates in a very inconsistent mortgage industry so they'll have 2-3 months of rapid growth, followed by several months of low order volume. In order to meet demand, the company will hire a new class of temporary associates with the promise of being on-boarded after 90 days, however, 80-90% of the temps are released prior to their probationary period ending.

3. Very Little Opportunities for Growth : Promotional opportunities will often come during the times they have brought in a new hire class. However, the pay increase is generally very small or simply a lateral move. Once volume decreases and temps are released, many of the associates who were promoted are then demoted back to their old job. This is a very common practice at StreetLinks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire quality, not quantity. Also, if you keep treating people like temps, they'll continue to treat your company like a temp.

Don't leave another job for this place.

Status Processor (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsFriendly, helpful coworkers. Business casual dress code. If you like potlucks, this is the place for you.

ConsDon't bother bringing in personal items for your desk. You'll be picking them up from your staffing agency 2 months later despite your performance. They hire and fire people by the droves to fit their current workload despite promises of advancement, constant assessments, feedback sessions with management, team leads, etc. Company and department specific policies and directives change almost daily making it a constant game of cover your a--.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't solve EVERYTHING with knee jerk reactions. It shows that you lack confidence, foresight and experience.

Misleading

Status Processor (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsVery nice, helpful coworkers, 1 hour paid lunch, 2 15-minute breaks.

ConsJob is not presented as a short-term temp assignment. Mgmt tells you you won't be laid off like the temps in the past, but when business gets slow, all of the temps are terminated. This happens every year, several times a year. In fact, it's happened three times this year alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell people this is a short-term assignment. Have some respect for people. Lying to us won't make us work harder for you. We're adults with a work ethic, we know we're there to work. Just leave out all the corporate culture manipulation tactics. You're getting a reputation for being a ruthless, all about money corporation.

Worked for StreetLinks? Contribute to the Community!