Stroz Friedberg

www.strozfriedberg.com

Stroz Friedberg Reviews

Updated May 1, 2014

Michael Patsalos-Fox

It’s a great time to join Stroz Friedberg!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI recently started with Stroz Friedberg, and so far my experience has been better than any other company I’ve entered. My team took the time to onboard and train me, and I have felt supported every step of the way. Stroz Friedberg is a leader in its industries and the exposure the firm gives employees, due to its size and cutting edge nature, is unique.

ConsThe firm is looking for the best and brightest, so the recruiting process is selective.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are all passionate about our firm, keep us involved, we want to be part of Stroz Friedberg's growth!

A place to meet challenges head on and grow

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros-Camaraderie: Coming from working for very large companies, I really appreciate the fact that Stroz Friedberg has maintained its start-up feel in a lot of ways. Additionally, the founder, Ed Stroz, makes a real effort to not only know everyone's ones, but also to initiate conversations throughout the office with all levels.
    -Willingness to change/adapt for the most part
    -Opportunity for growth
    -Honesty in company-wide meetings
    -Expertise of leadership--> Best minds/experience in the field.
    -Never a dull moment!

Cons-There can be breakdowns in communication between departments.
    -Communication within certain departments is not always clear/effective.

Advice to Senior Management-Facilitate team building and better communication between and within departments.
    -Conspicuously promote "we are a single firm" through example.

Full-Time Employee Thoughts

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe company offers employees great learning opportunities, a diverse and mixed culture, a group of well rounded professionals with experieince and expertise in many areas

ConsIf you are a dedicated and driven professiona it is very easy to get caught up in your work and put in long work hours

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement can offer more direct communication to employees throughout the firm

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing firm full of talented and committed people

ProsFilled with dedicated, supportive colleagues who are the highlight and strength of the firm. I've learned so much from colleagues about how to think critically and how to use technical skills to accomplish impressive things in service of our clients.

The number of talented people who choose to work here and the number of long-serving employees who are still committed to the firm's success reinforces that this is a place worth joining and staying.

There's great opportunity for professional growth and advancement.

ConsThe workload is often demanding and requires big commitments of energy and time, which can intrude on personal life.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile planning for further growth management should continue to foster the unique community and firm culture that makes Stroz Friedberg special.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Incredible opportunities for growth for dedicated and driven people who are energized by challenging work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are by far one of the best things about working here. They truly care about the quality of their work and working in support of the company's commitment to helping clients in their most difficult moments. Many of the firm's senior leaders have incredibly inspiring careers and I take pride in working for a firm that is able to attract such accomplished individuals. The firm's rapid expansion into new service lines and regions has also presented exciting opportunities that I never expected to experience at this stage of my career.

ConsThe work can be challenging and the nature of the business can present inconveniences in trying to balance your personal life. That being said, there is no place better for someone who wants to work in an entrepreneurial environment with some of the most thoughtful, creative, and intelligent individuals in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe rate of our growth has created a need for more frequent and direct communications from the firm's leadership.

I've been at Stroz Friedberg for over a year!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsStroz Friedberg has an excellent source of resources for any information that you'll need. Our employees are extremely bright and knowledgeable in their fields. The employees at Stroz Friedberg get along really well and have really great working relationships. Stroz Friedberg provides employees with extensive benefits and is always looking to improve!

ConsI appreciate the fact that Stroz Friedberg is always improving and advancing with changes in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice I would share with Management is to have more communication with employees.

Rapidly growing firm at the top of the security and investigations industry

ProsPrestigious firm at the top of the industry, small and cohesive organization with the ability to advance and expand skill set quickly, smart colleagues, exposure to senior executives, high profile clientele and above all else, interesting work

ConsThe firm seems to be continously working towards making Stroz Friedberg an employer of choice by implementing new programs and benefits, which impresses me for an organization of this size so no major complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep the level of transparency that has always existed in the firm as we grow in size and number of locations.

Great place to start. Not perfect, but very fair.

E-Discovery Analyst (Former Employee) Purchase, NY

Pros-Superbly well-run company.
    -Excellent benefits, compensation and severance
    -Kind people. While it is still in the corporate world, most of the managers I worked with were sweet and had a moral compass (which is rare in the business world)
    -Very generous with granting vacation time, personal help, balancing personal life with work...the people who work there had lives and they understood that their employees had lives too. They help you adjust your hours according to when your kids need to be picked up or when you need to go to the doctors.

Cons-Communication is always an issue, either by employees not being on the same page due to different training or word-of-mouth not spreading fast enough. So many emails that important messages get drowned out easily.
    -Long hours.
    -Occasionally have dead periods of no work, sometimes lasting for months at a time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI liked working for you and learned a lot. If I had one complaint, it would be that the unpredictable flux of work needs to be controlled somehow. I remember not working at all for two months followed by three months of overwhelming work. I understand that E-Discovery's job is determined mainly by how many clients we receive, but the amount of

Great people at the Head of their Industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood people and good work atmosphere. Pay is on par with industry. Helpful senior management and CEOs that are in touch with their office.

ConsWorkloads can be slightly heavy. Multitasking is a must

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep lines of communication and increase transparency

Good company for career minded people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunities for advancement, travel, and to network and meet very smart people

ConsIf it gets busy be prepared to put life on hold for a while

Worked for Stroz Friedberg? Contribute to the Community!