Stroz Friedberg

Updated August 8, 2014
Updated August 8, 2014

4.5

Michael Patsalos-Fox

Impressive learning environment for interns

Current Employee - Summer Associate
    Current Employee - Summer Associate

Pros

As an intern with Stroz this I spent everyday soaking up as much information as possible about my individual field as well as the overall goals of the firm. Colleagues are more than willing to help and assist interns on projects and answer any seemingly inane questions. It was a great experience to briefly be a part of a growing firm that excels in all its areas of expertise.

Cons

The workload seemed to be hit or miss at times but it gave the opportunity to research and get to know other areas of the firm.

A great place to grow

Current Employee - Digital Forensics Summer Associate

Pros

As someone with a lot of interest and not as much practical experience in the digital forensics field, I feel like Stroz Friedberg was the best place to get hands-on opportunities with fascinating work. I was surrounded by experts in their field who were knowledgable, friendly, and fun to be around. There's a great culture of interdependence amongst the various departments and branches; it's also great to get a chance to grow with a company that, though already prestigious in the industry, is still growing itself.

Cons

It's very easy to get wrapped up in the work here and stay for long hours, which may be difficult for some.

Following through with schedules/timelines provided to interns and other employees regarding feedback on work performance, etc., would both be extremely helpful for those involved and improve trust.

Stroz-Friedberg EDG - we are okay about being okay at what we do.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Compensation and benefits are good overall. Nice bunch of people to work with. Appropriate work load.

Cons

Ignore the SF management propaganda just below this post. When I was employed at SF the president of EDG personally was involved in responding to negatively perceived Glassdoor reviews.
    So, back to EDG: Management is WAY over their heads regarding their technical acumen. Lots of C-grade talent in a business that requires A-grade to grow. If you like working with technology circa 1995 by all means go.
    Careerwise, nowhere to go in the organization. They love hiring outside mediocre talent for management positions. In my years there, not a single management position was filled internally.

Stop talking business amongst yourselves and start talking technology with the developers and processors. Your business needs to use modern technology not a bunch of winform apps and spreadsheets.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing company with staff at the top of their game

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

Pros

The staff and examiners are incredibly knowledgeable and the employees are very nice and willing to teach and help. The office locations are great and the pay is good.

Cons

Work/life balance can sometimes suffer. Communication seems to be a weak point-gets lost in the different levels of staff

Encourage training--have a formal training procses in place for new entry, level employees. Assign a mentor for the first year. Have a better training program so that the training does not depend on what comes in the office and who has time.

Collaborative, welcoming environment excited to teach new interns

Current Employee - Digital Forensics Summer Associate

Pros

This internship has been an incredible learning opportunity. As my school does not offer classes in digital forensics, I had little knowledge of the field when I started the internship. However, everyone with whom I worked was extremely knowledgeable and willing to teach and answer any questions that I might have. Additionally, the firm promotes collaboration, not only within a particular office, but also across offices and across departments. I had the opportunity to work on several interesting cases for clients across the country. The company holds itself to a high standard, and this is clear from the way the treat their clients and their employees.

Cons

The workload can be fairly unpredictable, as the firm is a consulting firm and hired as needed. There were times when there was very little work to be done, and other times when the lab would be swamped. However, the intern summer-long project helped to keep the workload fairly even.

So far I have spent 5 and a half weeks out of a ten week summer internship helping to build an internal reference guide

Current Employee - Due Diligence Summer Associate  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Due Diligence Summer Associate in London, England (UK)

Pros

The people are very friendly and welcoming, the office is in a good location, the hours are decent and the internship is paid. The internship was actual work and did not merely require making photocopies are doing tea rounds.

Cons

The office is freakishly quiet based on an internal messaging application which enables people to talk to each other from their desks. I suppose this would enable you to work productively but equally the office can feel a little moribund at times. The work isn't particularly stimulating but in fairness it is an internship.

Strong, growing company at the top of the investigative industry

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Stroz Friedberg is a young, growing company that is an industry leader in a number of fields. Employees are intelligent and dedicated to producing a high quality work product for their clients. Strong culture that promotes work/life balance for their employees.

Cons

Hiring process can be selective as they are looking for strong talent.

Continue to invest in your employees

Shady management with inner circles...either be in them or be out!

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

Pros

I worked at Stroz for a few years and from what I took as a positive were far and few between. Some Traveling opportunity, decent salary, Decent facility.

Cons

Poor communication between management and employees. Poor bonus pool. Gossipy. High turn over. Upper management were makin decisions (technical) way out of their knowledge base.

Help build the talent you have. Invest in the employees who are loyal.

A small company, that knows it is small, and aims for the middle.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Valley Stream, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Valley Stream, NY

Pros

Health insurance was great, hours were mostly flexible, offices provided free snacks/soda in the pantry.

Cons

Not flat enough given it's size, unqualified people were in charge of technical decisions way outside their skill level

Find out from the people on the ground what is and isn't working; they tend to know, and relying on the telephone game from the middle managers is sinking the company.

It’s a great time to join Stroz Friedberg!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I recently started with Stroz Friedberg, and so far my experience has been better than any other company I’ve entered. My team took the time to onboard and train me, and I have felt supported every step of the way. Stroz Friedberg is a leader in its industries and the exposure the firm gives employees, due to its size and cutting edge nature, is unique.

Cons

The firm is looking for the best and brightest, so the recruiting process is selective.

We are all passionate about our firm, keep us involved, we want to be part of Stroz Friedberg's growth!

Worked for Stroz Friedberg? Contribute to the Community!