Stryker

Stryker Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Stryker President & CEO Kevin A. Lobo

Kevin A. Lobo

Pros:
  • "Great work life balance: you are expected to produce, but lots of flexibility in how you do that"
    in 24 reviews
  • "You get the opportunity to work with great people who challenge you everyday to be better"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Company is still very behind the times when it comes to work/life balance"
    in 31 reviews
  • "The long hours taking care of account"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to launch a career

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsManagement's openness and desire to share the company vision and strategic plan with its employees (i.e. a continued focus on acquisitions in revolutionary medical device companies/technology)
    Above average benefits and great earnings potential
    Great culture and relationships among co-workers

ConsLack of structure in career development

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the transparency and keep creating that buzz that makes a great culture.
    Focus more on developing internal talent

Stryker Director, TA responded to this review Apr 23, 2014 EditDelete
    This is a great place to launch a career and we are ramping up our University Recruiting efforts to bring more talented college grads to Stryker. The ability to move laterally or upward is very ... More

A Great Place to Be

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    West, TX

ProsGreat Co-workers, strong growth initiatives, People! Strong conservative culture.

ConsCross divisional teamwork but getting better

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be innovative and outward facing toward our customers

Stryker Director, TA responded to this review Apr 23, 2014 EditDelete
    Ten years is a long time and we appreciate your tenure and accomplishments. Our employees work incredibly well together regardless of which division, group organization they work in. Together we ... More

Love where I work!

professional opportunities
    found great friends
    amenities
    casual friday

Consif you are interested in moving into another field, sometimes it is difficult to gain the skills in your current role to get you ready, this is only on the occasion.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stay aggressive and take risks. I love the areas we are addressing and driving to make our organization better. The key is allowing those of us that are extremely passionate the ability to get involved and grow into the role versus wanting us to already have ALL the necessary skills prior. Talent is exceptional here and sometimes we need people to go to bat for us and our abilities as people. I believe we are moving the needle in this area.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, positive environment, family friendly!

ProsEmployees take great pride in the company, it's products, and it's mission. I feel proud to be part of such a great company that has such a positive impact in changing peoples lives!

ConsWhile I enjoy a fast paced environment, sometimes it doesn't leave a lot of room for training successors. Fortunately, in such a team focused environment, there is support for one another to offset.

A company like no other!

ProsStryker has a very unique culture – we are a talent based organization that seeks only the best and the brightest! We are a company that goes above and beyond for our surgeons, patients and of course our employees. We are a strengths based organization, so we work diligently with our employees to place them in roles that are the perfect fit with their attributes.

ConsBeing such a high growth, face paced company – we run fast and hard. At times, we should do a more thorough autopsy on challenges faced throughout projects to prevent them from happening again – and the outcomes should be shared across divisions to create overall best practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur CEO Kevin Lobo, is approachable, open-minded, highly ethical, engaging and inspiring! He personalizes his speeches to his audience which really creates loyalty and connection for the employees. I hope to see the Group Presidents take note of his style and build that same sense of loyalty and inspiration from the groups they lead.

Stryker Director, TA responded to this review Apr 23, 2014 EditDelete
    Our culture is very unique and we seek and retain the most talented people for our organization. We offer opportunities for our employees to move across divisions, roles and departments to grow ... More

Growing company! Great place to work!

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)

ProsStryker is a great place to work. The culture is amazing. You get the opportunity to work with great people who challenge you everyday to be better. Great work/life balance. There is a lot of room for growth and an open door policy.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! We are so excited about the growth happening.

Stryker Director, TA responded to this review Apr 23, 2014 EditDelete
    This company is growing....no doubt! Five acquisitions in the past six months is very progressive....too say the least!

10 years and counting...

Kalamazoo, MI

ProsStryker has continually provided opportunities to learn new disciplines and functions with increasing responsibility. I never imagined I would work at one company for more than 10 years, but I have and I am still challenged, growing and engaged.

ConsWorking at a dynamic, growing company is not easy. A Stryker employee cannot become complacent, but needs to continue to grow, change and adapt. Sometimes, it is hard work to keep pace or stay ahead of change.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith so many employees scattered throughout the world, seek ways to make us feel connected - one Stryker. It would be great to see executive leadership in Kalamazoo more frequently. You have a lot to offer.

Stryker Director, TA responded to this review Apr 23, 2014 EditDelete
    Another employee with 10+ years with Stryker. We have low turn-over because of our competitive advantage, culture, pay, benefits and overall company culture.

Wonderful place to work!

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Portage, MI

ProsStryker lets you drive your own career. If you are a performer, you can plan your next move within the company. You are not stuck heading down one career path. We have engineers in HR, finance people turned recruiter, etc.
    401(k) plan is amazing!
    We have such a great team of people who are driven to provide the best, safest products to our customers.

ConsIf you can even count this as a con, we are always busy. However, we hire the types of people that thrive in this kind of environment.

Great company to work for

Trauma Sales Manager (Current Employee)

Pros-Culture, everyone in the company has the same DNA....driven to succeed
    -Provides more selling resources than all competitors
    -Rewards talent, large corporation.....many options for upward mobility
    -Strategic acquisitions, continuing to invest in product development while competitors survey the field

Cons-Large corporation, does not move as quickly as smaller players

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to reward top talent

Stryker Director, TA responded to this review Apr 23, 2014 EditDelete
    Our culture truly defines who we are! We are driven group of people determined to work with our customers to make healthcare better.

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge company, great people, strong focus on quality

ConsA little difficult to make a lateral move (e.g. from engineering to marketing)

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stryker CEO Kevin A. Lobo. All 455 reviews posted anonymously by Stryker employees.