Stryker

Stryker Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Stryker President & CEO Kevin A. Lobo

Kevin A. Lobo

Pros:
  • "work life balance makes people feel full enough to crave for more"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Excellent culture, great people to work with, many opportunities to grow"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance must be sacrificed in order to meet deadlines"
    in 24 reviews
  • "Sometimes long hours which results in unbalanced work-life"
    in 19 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Stryker is an exceptional growth company that provides strong opportunities for its employees and great products.

Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people at Stryker are all energized to work for the company. Although the workload is substantial, it is much more fun to work in this collaborative environment than at some of my previous companies. It is also refreshing that you are able to count on your peers to complete tasks and drive work on time.

ConsThe interviewing process is a bit over the top. In total, it took several weeks and 6 interviews (not number of people I interviewed with, I am talking total sessions!) for me to get my formal offer. Compensation packages are average, but the stability of the company is a huge plus!

Great company to work for

Trauma Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Culture, everyone in the company has the same DNA....driven to succeed
-Provides more selling resources than all competitors
-Rewards talent, large corporation.....many options for upward mobility
-Strategic acquisitions, continuing to invest in product development while competitors survey the field

Cons-Large corporation, does not move as quickly as smaller players

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to reward top talent

A Great Place to Be

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
West, TX

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat Co-workers, strong growth initiatives, People! Strong conservative culture.

ConsCross divisional teamwork but getting better

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be innovative and outward facing toward our customers

Love where I work!

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

ProsWork life balance
Autonomy
driven culture
professional opportunities
found great friends
amenities
casual friday

Consif you are interested in moving into another field, sometimes it is difficult to gain the skills in your current role to get you ready, this is only on the occasion.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stay aggressive and take risks. I love the areas we are addressing and driving to make our organization better. The key is allowing those of us that are extremely passionate the ability to get involved and grow into the role versus wanting us to already have ALL the necessary skills prior. Talent is exceptional here and sometimes we need people to go to bat for us and our abilities as people. I believe we are moving the needle in this area.

A company like no other!

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStryker has a very unique culture – we are a talent based organization that seeks only the best and the brightest! We are a company that goes above and beyond for our surgeons, patients and of course our employees. We are a strengths based organization, so we work diligently with our employees to place them in roles that are the perfect fit with their attributes.

ConsBeing such a high growth, face paced company – we run fast and hard. At times, we should do a more thorough autopsy on challenges faced throughout projects to prevent them from happening again – and the outcomes should be shared across divisions to create overall best practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur CEO Kevin Lobo, is approachable, open-minded, highly ethical, engaging and inspiring! He personalizes his speeches to his audience which really creates loyalty and connection for the employees. I hope to see the Group Presidents take note of his style and build that same sense of loyalty and inspiration from the groups they lead.

10 years and counting...

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStryker has continually provided opportunities to learn new disciplines and functions with increasing responsibility. I never imagined I would work at one company for more than 10 years, but I have and I am still challenged, growing and engaged.

ConsWorking at a dynamic, growing company is not easy. A Stryker employee cannot become complacent, but needs to continue to grow, change and adapt. Sometimes, it is hard work to keep pace or stay ahead of change.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith so many employees scattered throughout the world, seek ways to make us feel connected - one Stryker. It would be great to see executive leadership in Kalamazoo more frequently. You have a lot to offer.

Great for Sales Autonomy and Great Compensation

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPretty much a Pass/Fail atmosphere. Hit your quota and you're left alone to run your territory how you choose. Compensation in Sales is excellent. Great products. Creativity in writing your own proposals and working deals is unrivaled. Customer Service and Marketing Support is strong.

ConsYou are expected to win every deal, every time. Pressure is high. They tend to hire 90% of the same type of rep. Management opportunities and internal growth options are limited. Struggles with back order and long tenured reps definitely get preferential treatment.

Program Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Stryker

ProsGreat company I had no complaints

ConsNone this company is great.

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at Stryker full-time

ProsFrom the moment I walked into Stryker, I knew I had found my home. The team I interact with works incredibly hard, shares the same values and has fun while they're at it. There are unlimited opportunities for training and professional development, and if training isn't enough, there is always someone willing to provide insight to help you grow and develop. If you love to work hard, own your own development and want to be a part of an excellent team, this is the place for you!

ConsIf you like your day-to-day activities spelled out for you, this may not be the best fit. You have the autonomy to execute your tasks in a way that makes sense for you, without being micromanaged. It's up to you to create a balance that allows you to succeed professionally and personally.

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Stryker

ProsLarge company, great people, strong focus on quality

ConsA little difficult to make a lateral move (e.g. from engineering to marketing)

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stryker CEO Kevin A. Lobo. All 403 reviews posted anonymously by Stryker employees.