Stryker Reviews

Updated August 25, 2014

3.9

Stryker President & CEO Kevin A. Lobo
Kevin A. Lobo

Pros
  • Great work life balance, You will find great flexibility to work with no micromanagement (in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, nice coworkers, hr is involved with company events etc (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is still very behind the times when it comes to work/life balance (in 33 reviews)

• The long hours taking care of account (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work if you want to learn new technology

I worked at Stryker

Pros

management assigns jobs based on talent

Cons

too much politics at the higher level

Good Environment for Sales Rep

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great management team, fair policies. Nice amount of independence and little to no micromanaging the sales force. Good pay and benefits. I felt like my opinions and suggestions were heard and valued.

Cons

My division was acquired by stryker in 2009. I was surprised at how long the transition took to become a more integrated part of the company. The R&D portion of my division was slow and inadequate.

Stryker has a great culture

Former Employee - Technician
    Former Employee - Technician

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent pay, benefits, strong work ethic and culture which translate to pride in company and products. Start right out with 3 weeks vacation, HR helps in life's necessities like they really care as do co-workers. Managers will know your name and encourage your development.

Cons

Easy to get personal life tied into work life as the two become the same working towards great and necessary products that really save or improve lives. Personal development is strongly encouraged, so not the best company for someone who just wants time to pass quietly by.

Interact with other plants/divisions within corporate structure more. Purchasing/Materials, base procedures, IS, etc., many teams could share knowledge and procedures within the corporation for improved efficiency and audits.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High pressure, high rewards

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great support, well laid-out goals and expectations

Cons

Hitting your "number" is the main priority

Great Culture and Work-life balance.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

Company's culture focuses on employees engagement and development. Managers have many tools and support from HR to develop and engage its employees. Company is currently growing through a transformation under new leadership, which is always refreshing and challenging.

Cons

Building and its amenities do require serious work. Employees salaries is way behind the market in the silicon valley, so company always risks losing talent!!

Continue supporting employees engagement, and work on improving employees compensations!!

Stryker Instruments is the best place to work.

Current Employee - Test Lab Team Supervisor  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Test Lab Team Supervisor in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Winning attitudes and the satisfied employees who are happy to go to work everyday.

Cons

A lot if type A personalities to deal with.

They are doing an outstanding job. HR can slow things to a crawl so if you can work out that detail Top 100 will easily move to Top 10!!!

My experience at Stryker was one of the most challenging, fast paced, yet rewarding, experiences I have ever had

Current Employee - Engineering Intern  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Stryker as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The people are incredibly helpful and all want you to succeed. The environment is fact paced and forces you to learn and do as much as you can in the shortest amount of time to optimize both your time and the companies. The company focus on each person's individual strengths and looks at helping you grow in the areas that you're good at and focuses little on the things that you struggle with. One of the most positive, exciting, uplifting places that I've ever worked at!

Cons

The pro's can also be considered con's. Since the environment is so fact paced it can be a struggle to learn so much in such a short amount of time. There is not that much the company prepares for you to integrate/transition you into the job, you're rather just thrown into the position which can be difficult but also helps you to grow professionally as well as personally.

Excellent company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Manufacturing Supervisor  in  Arroyo, PR
    Former Employee - Senior Manufacturing Supervisor in Arroyo, PR

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People friendly work environment; open to listen new ideas; opportunities for professional growth around the world. Focus on people's talent to perform their responsibilities.

Cons

Working on a FDA regulated manufacturer is always challenging because of all the documentation that is required to do a minimal change on manufacturing processes. If you don't like dealing with a lot of paperwork, I do not recommend you to work for this or any other manufacturer of medical devices.

They have being doing a great job; continue challenging people to improve the products and processes.

Interesting but slow

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company, great people. I work in the spinal division and its obvious the company wants you to excel. They stay true to their mision and value statement for the most part

Cons

It seems like once your in a position, youre stuck there for a while. There doesnt seem to be a lot of education

Invest more time in training your employees. Keeps everything more interesting

Amazing Internship Experience

Current Employee - Finance Intern  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Intern in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Stryker as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment working with extremely talented professionals. Interns are given projects that have a substantial impact on the business and are able to work autonomously with support from managers and coworkers when needed. Great work life balance as Stryker employees like to work hard and play hard. Amazing opportunities to meet with upper management including the president of a division as well as Kevin Lobo. Everything is very results driven and relationship based, which I see as a great balance. Overall a great company that cares about its employees.

Cons

The internship experience has been amazing so its hard to find any cons as an Intern.

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!