Stryker

Updated August 19, 2014

3.9

Stryker President & CEO Kevin A. Lobo
Kevin A. Lobo

Pros
  • Great work life balance, You will find great flexibility to work with no micromanagement (in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, nice coworkers, hr is involved with company events etc (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is still very behind the times when it comes to work/life balance (in 33 reviews)

• The long hours taking care of account (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Great for Sales Autonomy and Great Compensation

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

Pretty much a Pass/Fail atmosphere. Hit your quota and you're left alone to run your territory how you choose. Compensation in Sales is excellent. Great products. Creativity in writing your own proposals and working deals is unrivaled. Customer Service and Marketing Support is strong.

Cons

You are expected to win every deal, every time. Pressure is high. They tend to hire 90% of the same type of rep. Management opportunities and internal growth options are limited. Struggles with back order and long tenured reps definitely get preferential treatment.

Competitive, driven, results oriented company that strives for excellence in everything they do

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

Love this company; great leader in Kevin Lobo; going to new heights under his leadership; strong product portfolio. Company has always pushed me to exceed my comfort zone and allows for autonomy in my job. Strong management that allows for indiividuality and self driven personalities. Good earning potential.

Cons

Sometimes we think too straight and narrow and don't allow for all possibilities to be considered.

Great leader in Kevin Lobo; strong benefits, ability to be promoted is strong; internal mobility program is great

Apr 23, 2014Director, TA

Kevin Lobo is a great leader that has Stryker on the right track. Our Internal Mobility program allows employees to target specific areas in the company they feel are future areas for growth and ... More

Great place to launch a career

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Management's openness and desire to share the company vision and strategic plan with its employees (i.e. a continued focus on acquisitions in revolutionary medical device companies/technology)
    Above average benefits and great earnings potential
    Great culture and relationships among co-workers

Cons

Lack of structure in career development

Keep up the transparency and keep creating that buzz that makes a great culture.
    Focus more on developing internal talent

Apr 23, 2014Director, TA

This is a great place to launch a career and we are ramping up our University Recruiting efforts to bring more talented college grads to Stryker. The ability to move laterally or upward is very ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful place to work!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Portage, MI

Pros

Stryker lets you drive your own career. If you are a performer, you can plan your next move within the company. You are not stuck heading down one career path. We have engineers in HR, finance people turned recruiter, etc.
    401(k) plan is amazing!
    We have such a great team of people who are driven to provide the best, safest products to our customers.

Cons

If you can even count this as a con, we are always busy. However, we hire the types of people that thrive in this kind of environment.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Trauma Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Trauma Sales Manager

Pros

-Culture, everyone in the company has the same DNA....driven to succeed
    -Provides more selling resources than all competitors
    -Rewards talent, large corporation.....many options for upward mobility
    -Strategic acquisitions, continuing to invest in product development while competitors survey the field

Cons

-Large corporation, does not move as quickly as smaller players

Continue to reward top talent

Apr 23, 2014Director, TA

Our culture truly defines who we are! We are driven group of people determined to work with our customers to make healthcare better.

A Great Place to Be

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  West, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in West, TX

Pros

Great Co-workers, strong growth initiatives, People! Strong conservative culture.

Cons

Cross divisional teamwork but getting better

Continue to be innovative and outward facing toward our customers

Apr 23, 2014Director, TA

Ten years is a long time and we appreciate your tenure and accomplishments. Our employees work incredibly well together regardless of which division, group organization they work in. Together we ... More

Love where I work!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

Work life balance
    Autonomy
    driven culture
    professional opportunities
    found great friends
    amenities
    casual friday

Cons

if you are interested in moving into another field, sometimes it is difficult to gain the skills in your current role to get you ready, this is only on the occasion.

Continue to stay aggressive and take risks. I love the areas we are addressing and driving to make our organization better. The key is allowing those of us that are extremely passionate the ability to get involved and grow into the role versus wanting us to already have ALL the necessary skills prior. Talent is exceptional here and sometimes we need people to go to bat for us and our abilities as people. I believe we are moving the needle in this area.

Great company, positive environment, family friendly!

Pros

Employees take great pride in the company, it's products, and it's mission. I feel proud to be part of such a great company that has such a positive impact in changing peoples lives!

Cons

While I enjoy a fast paced environment, sometimes it doesn't leave a lot of room for training successors. Fortunately, in such a team focused environment, there is support for one another to offset.

A company like no other!

Pros

Stryker has a very unique culture – we are a talent based organization that seeks only the best and the brightest! We are a company that goes above and beyond for our surgeons, patients and of course our employees. We are a strengths based organization, so we work diligently with our employees to place them in roles that are the perfect fit with their attributes.

Cons

Being such a high growth, face paced company – we run fast and hard. At times, we should do a more thorough autopsy on challenges faced throughout projects to prevent them from happening again – and the outcomes should be shared across divisions to create overall best practices.

Our CEO Kevin Lobo, is approachable, open-minded, highly ethical, engaging and inspiring! He personalizes his speeches to his audience which really creates loyalty and connection for the employees. I hope to see the Group Presidents take note of his style and build that same sense of loyalty and inspiration from the groups they lead.

Apr 23, 2014Director, TA

Our culture is very unique and we seek and retain the most talented people for our organization. We offer opportunities for our employees to move across divisions, roles and departments to grow ... More

Growing company! Great place to work!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition

Pros

Stryker is a great place to work. The culture is amazing. You get the opportunity to work with great people who challenge you everyday to be better. Great work/life balance. There is a lot of room for growth and an open door policy.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Keep doing what you are doing! We are so excited about the growth happening.

Apr 23, 2014Director, TA

This company is growing....no doubt! Five acquisitions in the past six months is very progressive....too say the least!

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!