Stuart Weitzman Reviews

Gaetano Sallorenzo

1. Sales Associate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Stuart Weitzman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people with incredible personalities and work ethic. Working in retail everyone understands that this is where you will spend most of your time - luckily for me, I was able to make good friends from this company.

Cons

Because it is commission based, it is naturally a competitive environment. Other associates may be a little more aggressive than most, however, they do have a system in place all sales people must follow in order to give every one a fair shot at commission.

2. Good opprotunity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Stuart Weitzman (More than a year)

Pros

Great place for opportunity if you are looking to move up.

Cons

There is no work life balance the more you move up.

Good place until the buyouts started.

Former Employee - Only Person With This Title in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Only Person With This Title in New York, NY

I worked at Stuart Weitzman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Both Stuart himself and Wayne Kulkin the Vice Chairman are great, fair and honest people to work for.

Cons

Whit ownership by larger companies and it changing the politics can be a little more than normal corporate America.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your values.

5. Great shoes, poor company

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

Shoe allowance Opportunity to make great money

Cons

Poor communication between corporate and associates/management Terrible pay if you are in a smaller volume store Awful regional management in the South East region. No room for growth as the company likes outsource rather than promote from within. store manager who likes to spread rumors about the employees within the store.

Advice to Management

There needs to be coaching and developing to ensure that your staff is at their best potential.

6. It's a good company, but the district managers and managers are awful in florida.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Stuart Weitzman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like their shoes and sense of style. They have great quality and handcrafted material. Overall in my opinion it's a great company.

Cons

1. The staff are unfair. 2. The managers are unfair and they never hear what other employers have to say. 3. Working their has made me unhealthy with the stressful environment and the intimidation from other staff members and managers about our sales. 4. The other sales associates do not have anyone to consult to and most of them are intimidated by their managers which isn't the impression you would want to receive when coming into work.

Advice to Management

Consult with your associates, and help the store get better. Your job is not to intimidate your employers but to help them understand what right and whats wrong while their on the job. Please help to investigate this detrimental environment, due to lack of proper management.

7. Positive environment

I have been working at Stuart Weitzman full-time

Pros

Corporate cares about their employees being genuinely happy and listens to their needs; great wardrobe allowance; very understanding and accommodating; great benefits

Cons

The schedule as a sales associate can be tough: weekends, nights, holidays…. the pay is not much if you don't make commission

Advice to Management

Management is great, however I would recommend that they really analyze how stores are doing to determine pay

It's a fun place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Stuart Weitzman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the perks of getting shoes each season, benefits are not bad, mgmt and regional are easy to talk to and always open for new suggestions and encourages your aspirations. I will review later to see how my career path is laid out.

Cons

Commission retail needs to be done away with in luxury, causes too much bickering and animosity among the associates. Does not truly value each individuals retail experience or what the person brings to the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to the associates' suggestions when you ask us what we can do to make this company a better place to work.

It was ok

Current Employee - Stock Clerk in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Stock Clerk in Austin, TX

I have been working at Stuart Weitzman part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good local people that was fun to work with.

Cons

Jones is starting to cut corners and make the brand less

Advice to Management

Focus on the quality of brand

Great experience - short term

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Stuart Weitzman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity for entry level management with chance to learn shoe industry and strong operational procedures

Cons

Huge turnover within company on many levels, not very good job security or stability.

A Company that rewards your hard work...

Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Stuart Weitzman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You actually get to talk to your Senior VP and President. Unlike many companies who treat their employees like a number and disposable employees. SW rewards store managers for their hard work through bonuses and yearly raises.

Cons

Although training is on going sometimes communication in departments can be minimal or unclear.

Advice to Management

Continue with implementing efficient ways to do business and to provide rewards to employees when they achieve their goals.

RSS Feed </> Embed