Studio Movie Grill

www.studiomoviegrill.com

Studio Movie Grill Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Studio Movie Grill – Houston – “Studio Movie Grill Copperfield”

Studio Movie Grill – Houston – “Studio Movie Grill Copperfield”

Brian Schultz

Awesome place to work

Server (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFun, fast-paced work environment and movies are free. I loved working here. The people I worked with were awesome and management was flexible with scheduling.

ConsCan get stressful at times during big movie releases. Sometimes management played favorites. The hours there can be very long.

To Be A Line Cook

Line Cook (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsEmployees are granted free movies with up to an additional three guests. They say the food is 50% percent off for employees but it is actually 30% because it's mandatory that you tip 20% to the sever.

ConsKitchen Management mentally abuses employees throughout day. Has to work holidays. No advancement. Every other word is the "F" word whether it be from the employees or management. Highly unprofessional and unsanitary.

Unprofessional work environment

Server (Former Employee) Wheaton, IL

Prospay was great at first, but after a year of being open a this location, the pay decreased significantly due to overstaffing.

ConsVery unprofessional management and overall environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great starting place for learning for other job opportunities.

Box Office/Hostess (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsYou can move up positions and become very successful. The people you work with will probably end up some great friends.

ConsLong hours and frustration

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping needs of your employees in mind

fast paced, long hours, late nights, little payoff

Server (Former Employee) Wheaton, IL

Proswhen not working, free movies are nice and the discount on food is ok, but not ideal for anyone who wants to develop skills as a server or waiter.

Consvery hard work with least amount of payoff possible. because of large amounts of employees, lots of drama that is hard to escape, creating negative environment. sometimes we would work 12 hour shifts with no break, no food, and very seldom be allowed to do so.

This place needs some changes.

Box Office/Hostess (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsFree movies, discount on food, free drinks, very young staff which makes work fun and energetic

ConsManagers don't care much for the employees
    You never know when you get off, they tell you when you can leave which makes ridiculous hours
    The managers use favoritism when giving out shifts
    All of the managers are men except for one female, 3/4 of them are over 30 and make perverted and disgusting comments constantly
    The kitchen is disgusting, the cooks never use gloves when making or touching food

Advice to Senior ManagementActually listen to your employees instead of shoving them away, or sending them to another manager because you don't have time or you just don't care.

Poor management

Server (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsTips help even out the crap pay servers get in AZ.

Cons- Management were all recently promoted servers that clearly weren't trained nor prepared for the position.
    - Managers were all over the place, each one had their own idea of how to do something.
    - High turn over

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers better or hire from outside because you failed this time.

Server

Server (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAmazing co workers , 50% Discount on food , fast pace

Cons12 hour shift with no break , going home at 3 am if you're closing , management was the worst.
    Even though i was part time i got about probably 50 hours a week. If you didnt show then you would get yelled at. Even if you had ( high school or college) classes. It consumes your life and your co workers eventually become the only people you talk to.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain more and have more compassion.

Studio Movie Grill Work Experience

Server (Current Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsExtremely flexible and opportunities to make money. If you aren't making money and want to leave, it works for you because they won't keep you much longer and it works for the people that stay because that's one less server you have to share your tips.

ConsThe handheld is extremely tiny and difficult to not just hang out in the hallways which looks bad to guest but the screen to see what liights are on is in the hallways.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on being awesome.

fast-paced, can be tiring but fun if you don't take yourself too seriously and just do your job well.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe environment is fun and usually fast-paced, and if you get along with everyone time flies by fast. You also get free movies and half off the food as an employee.

ConsSometimes, like during the week, a shift can get very boring and if it's not predicted to be busy you might end up going home really early which can definitely affect your paycheck. You also never really know for sure when your shift ends until they tell you to leave.

Worked for Studio Movie Grill? Contribute to the Community!