Studiocom Reviews

3.5

Juan Fernando Santos & Chris Edmondson

a highly collaborative and energetic environment

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Studiocom as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The tech is filled with really intelligent, competent, and experienced people. I learned a lot in my time there and no one yelled at me for making mistakes. Instead they encouraged me even more and we produced really beautiful products for our clients.

Cons

We ate a lot. There is almost too much free food.

Keep trying to create more of a flat structure and keep up the Friday company meetings. It was really nice to hear about company progress.

A hard-working, communicative company provided me with the ideal environment to begin me ad career.

Current Employee - Strategist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Strategist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Studiocom as a contractor

Pros

-Everyone at Studiocom is open, welcoming, and helpful. As an entry-level employee I have a lot of questions and someone is always willing to lead me to the answer.
    -The work environment has a strong balance between diligence and diversion. Each employee enjoys their work and the company culture.
    -The office has a democratic attitude; senior level executives and the most recent employees all have the opportunity to make their voices heard.
    -Studiocom is fueled by forward momentum; I feel live the team here strives to stay at the cutting edge of their field and continues to impress clients and others in the industry.

Cons

-Sometimes the social environment of the office makes it difficult to focus on getting work done.

The accessibility to senior executives is one of the best parts of this office, maintenance of that attitude is key.

I dig warm red.

Current Employee - Business Development Coordinator  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Studiocom as a contractor

Pros

Incredible work environment. The team members are supportive of each other, and the leadership team genuinely wants to help the employees grow. Not afraid to move people around departments to help foster personal growth and leverage strengths and interests. The culture is strong at this agency, and extremely welcoming. Teams are sharp and passionate about their work.

Cons

Sometimes the beer fridge is a little too accessible. Easy to get distracted from priorities with such a lively kitchen.

Maintain your current level of presence throughout the office. Management is easily accessible and well-respected.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I never feel put in a corner

Current Employee - IT Support  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Support in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Studiocom as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

-As an IT person I have been given the opportunity to work across disciplines as my skills and interests have driven me. For example, I have done work as a front end developer and as a videographer while still maintaining my IT role. Studiocom fosters this sort of cross-department collaboration and personal growth.
    -The people here really make the company. Everyone is super knowledgeable about their job and are more than happy to share their skills and experiences.

Cons

-Its difficult to get anything done after lunch on Friday because the beer and wine come out.

Continue to maintain your presence within the office and don't allow structure to become too hierarchal.

Never thought I would like working at an agency this much.

Current Employee - Strategist  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Strategist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Studiocom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Studiocom is very flat instead of hierarchical. You will often find yourself working directly with the executive team. Ideas and contribution is welcomed from all.

Cons

Working in the Boston office a lot of meetings are done over the phone or skype. Although a con I think that this has helped me attain a lot of new communication skills that will help with working with clients globally.

Continue as the company grows to be accessible to your employees.

Innovative

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Studiocom as a contractor

Pros

The culture that is facilitated throughout the office is excellent. Everyone is really friendly, including the leadership team. Studiocom maintains a great social workplace and that is what leads to great ideas. The exec team does a great presence within the office and they value every member of the team. Its a very creative environment and it is executed through all the departments within the offices.

Cons

The fun culture sometimes gets distracting.

They're great! Such an awesome leadership team. Extremely friendly and accessible. They are doing a great job.

Good colleagues

I worked at Studiocom

Pros

Good colleagues and clients to work with.

Cons

Little room for growth, depending on group.

On a downward spiral

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Studiocom full-time

Pros

The pros were present maybe a year and a half ago. Now it's sadly just a shell of it's former self.

Cons

-Management is truly clueless and misaligned when it comes to priorities/values. It's like when parents can't agree on how to parent and one is always undermining the other's authority.
    -There is no clearly defined growth track. In fact, there is no clearly defined anything.
    -Creative rules the roost - even when their ideas lack context, credibility or common sense.
    -There are no systems in place. And the same mistakes happen over. and over. and over again without consequence. It's like a groundhog day of painful postmortem reviews. And it kills morality.
    -Positions are vacated and then never re-filled. Employees with insufficient experience or bandwidth are expected to fill in the cracks. And ultimately it's the work that suffers.
    -Client retention is a MAJOR problem.
    -They claim to be the "nice guys" but being nice doesn't trump an inability to execute.

Please wake up!

My 'Dream Job' is now a 'Reality Job'

Current Employee - Social Content Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Social Content Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Studiocom full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoy the culture and the people I work with. There is such a great team dynamic no matter which team you work with. Everyone here wants to succeed and they know that as long as individuals succeed the team will succeed. Keeping the client happy and presenting above and beyond work to the client is key at Studiocom.

Cons

The only thing that I would suggest would be to have a play and engage room. A room where we can all getaway if we have a stress moment. Maybe go in there and paint, play a video game, etc.

Great smaller agency with incredible clients and hard-working team

I have been working at Studiocom full-time

Pros

Excellent team dynamics, hard working people who know the job at hand and what it takes to get the job done. Great client roster. Top-notch agency culture.

Cons

Once had a lot of contract labor, but starting to recognize key players and bringing on full-time.

Worked for Studiocom? Contribute to the Community!