Styles for Less Reviews

2.2
Douglas Pereira

SFL Experience

I have been working at Styles for Less

Pros

Fun, Challenging, Merchandise is great! Promoting from with in is very easy! The boutique feeling of the stores are such a great environment to work in. Fragrances are amazing! The business is going to boom in texas with the new locations coming soon.

Cons

It's so new to texas people don't really know what SFL is.

Advice to Management

Get in it while you can! Very fun, very easy! Great for a stepping stone to a retail career!!

2. Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Full Time Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Full Time Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Styles for Less full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chill environment at times.

Cons

The Pay, The internal theft, no coverage, constant emails, conversion and corporate.

Advice to Management

Stop stealing and hiring friends who don't care about working, and stop getting mad at the workers who care enough to complain about such bad work ethics.

3. Horrible company! Take the time & find something better!

I worked at Styles for Less full-time

Pros

You get a 25% discount on all full prices items. That's pretty much the only good thing about this company.

Cons

I worked at this company for 4 years and all I can say is this has been the worst place I've worked at. It was good in the beginning and then everyday it would get worse and worse. They pay TERRIBLE and expect you to work like a dog. They don't care or listen to their employees at all, they make sure you know you are replaceable. They threaten you with write ups if you don't make certain goals.

Advice to Management

Rethink the way you run your company. You get what you pay for when it comes to your employees. You will NEVER have a successful company if you keep treating people like they are disposable.

5. Sales Associate

I worked at Styles for Less part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with scheduling
    The story is divided into sections that makes go-backs and shipment easy.

Cons

You HAVE to sell the V.I.P cards or you will be severely punished
    You get blamed for everything that goes wrong in the story considering you are usually working by yourself or with another person.
    The companies DM and RM are horrible. They are so rude and mean.
    My manager never tried me, I got trained by sales associates who told me different things.
    You have a perfume goal. You have to also sale perfumes.
    The computers are SO slow. It makes customers really unhappy.

Advice to Management

Stop being so rude and be more organized with your training process. Allow more space for clearance and sale items.

Assistant Manager

I worked at Styles for Less

Pros

Great for a first time sales associate job. Great team members

Cons

The pay for any position is not comparable. Very high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

They do offer a few perks however for everything else considered its not worth it. I honestly loved my team but the job will wear on you. they need to pay more for what they ask for.

Don't waste your time or gas

Former Employee - Assistant Manager TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager TX

I worked at Styles for Less

Pros

You get 25% discount on regular priced item

Cons

This is by far the worst company ever. Everyone even from upper management as far as VP are rude and don't care about their employees. Employees don't get paid enough for what the company wants. They terminate people left and right. I decided to resign after getting a new store manager and full time assistant manager because they never wanted to close on weekdays or weekends. There was favoritism here. I decided enough was enough. When I put my two weeks in the store manager took it in a very unprofessional way. I have never been so dissatisfied with a job. Don't waste your time people this company is not worth it.

Advice to Management

Be aware of what's going on with you employees. Make things fair. Better pay.

Definitely felt like high school.

Former Employee - Full Time Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Full Time Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Styles for Less full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a 25% discount which is great especially because they have such low prices already. Depending on what type of manager you have it's a fun working enviornment. Cute clothes.

Cons

They definitely do not care about their employees. It's a very stressful and hostile work enviornment. I emailed HR and so did other associates but they did nothing which I believe is illegal. My store manager literally tried to gain access to my coworkers phone but she realized it had a lock. Which again she informed corporate and nothing was done. This kind of stress made me sick and very unhealthy. My immune system did not function right and I was puking all the time. I ultimately quit. It was very toxic. There was a lot of empty promises about wages. Advice get it in writing. They say they are competitive with their wages but they pay you like poop. There are store managers who are only making $13.50 an hr. Also the expectations are ridiculous. You are forced to follow a strict selling outline which is suppose to guarantee amazing customer service which is fine however when you are alone in the store dealing with 15 people at one time it gets stressful. They make more than enough money and should give more hours to the store. Some higher ups really do not care. They say they do but when you go to them for a problem they shoot you down and tell you that you're wrong.

Advice to Management

Definitely put more effort into the creation of a healthy working enviornment for your employees. I've seen a lot of great potential quit and leave because of bad store managers.

9. My experience here was not useful nor professional but it was probably because of management at the time.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Styles for Less part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My hours here were very flexible and the store itself had very appealing and good clothing options. Customers can get 10% off with a VIP card for $5. Being a sales associate was fairly easy with ringing up customer's clothes, putting them away, and sweeping/dusting areas. Most stores aren't open passed 9pm so you still have the night off.

Cons

The benefits are minimal here as an employee especially for hourly staff. The computer systems can def. use an update. It can take awhile on the computer when the company has promotions as you need to do/find where the correct promotions are on the computer as opposed to scanning something and the discount is taken off.

Don't work here! Waste of your life!

I have been working at Styles for Less

Pros

25% discount
    Management experience
    Work on social skills

Cons

worked at SFL for 2yrs. Started as an employee ended as an asst.mngr. It took one year to finally get promoted and get a $1 raise! Woopeee! So not worth it! I only wanted the promotion to build up my resume, but to get just a $1 after being with the company for a year and having so much more responsibility, not worth $1.The sales assoc get $7.25 part time asst mngr gets $8.50
    Full time asst.mngr gets $9.50 & SM got $11.50 They only promote within because people quit from left and right that they have to get someone to fill in that position otherwise they'll be short. So they train an associate for about a week.
    Since I've been working there, I've had 3 store managers and 3 DM &2 regionals. The first SM they used her to fire this pregnant asst.mngr that they didn't like.Then they kept moving her to different stores&she finally walked out & quit!! The second SM was an asst.mngr that they quickly moved up to fill in that position. She would cry almost everyday at work because she couldn't handle the stress. Everyday she would get a chair and sit in front of the registers on her phone watching Netflix with her headphones not paying attention to the customers.If you were ever sick she would get really mad at you and leave you all these voicemails or ignore you. She later put in her 1 month regulation saying she did not feel Christian working for this company, but walked out before it was a month. The third manager was trained for one week. Everyday she reeked like cigarettes & would smoke while "taking the trash out"which the smell would fill up the store&customers would complain. She always brought up her personal life &would bring a lot of drama to the store.Everyday She would have an excuse to leave early or an excuse to go in late.
    DONT EVEN THINK about calling in sick!! She threatened that if I didn't come in she wouldn't promise me a job. So don't ever throw up, or get the flu!!!
    As for the higher management everytime they would visit everyone was at a panic because they always had something negative to say and were very fake, employees were constantly scared of losing their job.The DM had a list of people she had to terminate; apparently she was on that list herself&had no idea, they fired her with no notice!! They already had another DM to fill in her place right away, who had outrageous expectations. Made us call her every hour if we were under our goal, or had a meal violation. You must always take a break which means you must always have 2 mngmt working because you can't leave Sales assoc. Alone. So if you're religious and go to church you can't because only store mangers get Sundays off, asst managers work every Sunday!! You must sell fragrances and VIP cards at 7% otherwise you'll get written up & 3 strikes you're out. They want us to be very fake &clingy to our customers at all times you must SELL WITH STYLE!!!
    Last but not least They DO NOT HIRE FAT PEOPLE OR GAYS!! They turned down two gay guys for no reason,who had experience In retail.& told me that we can't hire people if they can't fit in our clothes!! Plus size women would apply at our store with style and experience but we're automatically not applicable because they were fat.

Advice to Management

Don't bring your personal life to work
    Understand employees will get sick
    Make schedules on time

Horrible

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Styles for Less full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employee discount was pretty decent

Cons

The district manager was a bit of a nazi.
    I received zero training and then when things fell behind it all fell on me the Assistant Manager not the store manager.
    No cameras so everything is he said she said
    The store manager ( who has since been fired) was stealing and trying to blame it on everyone else

Advice to Management

Install cameras

Styles for Less Photos