Sub-Zero & Wolf Appliance

Sub-Zero & Wolf Appliance Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Amazing company, great work environment

Production Supervisor (Former Employee) Fitchburg, WI

ProsGreat work environment. Everyone was there to help each other achieve the common goal. Everyone was also very friendly and willing to help you out.

ConsSome departments seemed to lack room for advancement. You either need to be with the company for an extremely long time, or move around from the different departments.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsGreat people, great work environment. Very large company, but very good workers. People are friendly but know how to work hard. Great pay and great benifits! Family owned business that cares about people and their families

ConsThe only con I can think of for Sub-Zero and Wolf is that it is slightly old-school. But I see the company moving to this forward thinking moto, so that is nice.

Great Company that takes pride in their products

Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsFamily owned = caring company, great benefits, promising market growth in the states and internationally as the name becomes more well known, You can pride yourself on making the highest quality product,

Conslower end salaries for low/mid engineers. No performance based raises - you receive only what others receive or you have to apply for higher positions within other departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo continue as the best in the business, you have to hire the best engineers and compensate them as such.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good benefits but poor management

Production (Current Employee)

ProsVacation, profit sharing, employee benefits

Consmanagement, supervision, moral, improvement, fairness

Advice to Senior ManagementImpartiality and more professionalism
    More training

They work you like machines

Technician (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsOkay work-life balance. You usually start really early in the day 4am-ish and you are off by 2pm. This gives you enough time to attend functions that your kids might have etc-

Cons1. Overt racism
    2. If you are a minute late, it is considered tardiness and you are told off like a little kid
    3. They have no respect for workers. If you are ill and/or have a doctor's appointment, they expect you to work until you drop. If you ever leave early for that, they count that against you.
    4. No set time. They call you and tell you to be at work by 5am if they like and they can cut and extend your hours however they want. Sometimes you find yourself unwillingly working 12h shifts.
    5. Discrimination against temps by hired workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company isn't a boot camp. At least boot camps treat people like humans. This company doesn't! We work so hard and when we go home to sleep, we worry about not hearing our alarms when they go off for fear of being one minute late. Minorities and temps are openly discriminated against by employees and supervisors alike. Please check your worker and hear their grievances.

Horrible place to work

Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsGood benefits, education reimbursement is Ok, but not great.

ConsLow wages, no opportunities to grow. Lots of travel and way too many hours expected out of you. Very frustrating IT policies and procedures. Processes needs LOTS of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould put some effort into employee concerns, so many people have left during my time there and it should be very obvious at this point what can be done.

Nice place to work, but limited growth opportunities

ProsVery good work and personal life balance. Nice facilities and employees. Excellent health care benefits, and employees get discounts on products for their homes.

ConsIt's difficult to get promoted because there's little movement near the top. There are limited development oppportunities. Management recognizes it and is trying to improve it, but it's painfully slow. Some departments have little to no focus and do a poor job executing their function, while others are much better.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes the communication to the employees is slow or non-existent. Need to do a better job recognizing high potential talent and developing them.

Worked for Sub-Zero & Wolf Appliance? Contribute to the Community!