Subex

www.subex.com

Subex Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Subex – India – “Demo Meeting”

Subex – India – “Demo Meeting”

Surjeet Singh

Productive and Great Learning

Project Lead (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsAmple of growth opportunities and great learning curve. Good work culture quick decision making. Helpful people. One of top most efficient products in the world.

ConsUnsure on long term survival of the company. If survives it is a great place to work. Huge financial debts. Not keeping up to latest technologies due to financial issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep surviving. Don't let people effort go waste.

Nice

Support Manager (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsGood People to work with

ConsLack of growth and stagnant learning opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementWe know you own other companies but please spend time in Subex too

"Good learning for a Year or Two"

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros1) You would like to be here in initial days as the work would grill you and make you strong coder.
    2) Few interest free loans available.
    3) Few team outings sponsored

Cons1) Unorganized project
    2) No good Code reviews
    3) Very less pay compared to other competitors

Advice to Senior ManagementNo Comment. Looks like a sinking ship to me.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Subex - Leader in telecom

Senior Implementation Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsVery conducive workplace ergonomics which will keep you going. As Subex has relatively lean work force, independent initiatives and decision making is easier and respected. Process does not kill you at Subex.

ConsOff late, recruitment quality is going down the hill. Any graduate is taken in for "Intern" positions and such HR errors seep into good positions with time which ultimately leaves a dent on quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing much. They are doing all they can to churn in required profits. (this may also mean steep reduction in hikes... not sure though..)

Excellent work environment, great learning curve. Great helpful friends.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsTransition from University to corporate was very smooth. Respected my personal life and accepted my short comings and helped me cope up with them.

ConsNot much of research and raise in salary was moderate.

Lost a lot and loosing more

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat work life balance.
    Very informal atmosphere.
    Very Friendly colleges almost form a family.
    Technological learning upto a certain level.

ConsNo learning or intellectual growth beyond a certain level, if you are quick learner you will reach saturation point quite quickly.

Monotonous work after some time due to lack of automation and use of new technologies. This is neither interesting nor rewarding.

Complexity explosion, products getting bigger bulkier but not much being done to curb it. You will face challenge in starting phase to get hang of product both as user and developer.

Less salary as compared to Product Companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on testing ramped up in the form of unit testing and automating quality assurance process.

Creative people don't like boring manual work, soon most of the will hit the road if work remained as boring as it is now.

Complexity control is must remove unnecessary features which no one uses.

Form a maintenance team whose sole purpose is to better the bad shape of product code and some parts of design without adding new features.

A sad ending to what had been a success for UK and India

Project Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood products - the Diamond ETL tool is a really impressive bit of work
    Lots of good people whom one can learn a great deal from
    A very friendly atmosphere for the most part

ConsDisastrous finances (huge debts to bond holders absorbing all free cash flow) meant late pay more months than on time in 2012.
    Many good people have left as a result - hard to see Subex recovering from this spiral of contraction.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to free some cash which can be channeled to employees - few good people will stay with doubts over redundancies and no hope of salary increases.

qa engineer

QA Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGud experience working with them

Conswork environment not that frndly

Lack of career progression opportunities

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe people you work with and the culture.

ConsSpecifically in consulting (and for other roles also), the company had no real plans for career paths. Although there was often lots of discussion and various pronouncements from management about it, the fact is that is was mostly all talk and no real action was ever taken. So, for some roles, if you were working in that role and wanted to move to something else within the company to broaden your experience it simply wasn't feasible. If you wanted to progress you had to consider moving on to another organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk is cheap. When your actions do not support your statements, they are taken for what they are worth - nothing.

Nice place to learn, Good work environment

Marketing Role (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros- Great work culture
    - Good work life balance
    - Good exposure globally
    - Friendly HR policies and decent paymasters
    - Leaves are generally approved without much of an issue...quite employee friendly

Cons- Employees could be rewarded more
    - Current financial crisis delaying salaries

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice as such. Just take more informed decisions in regards to company strategy

Worked for Subex? Contribute to the Community!