Subsea 7
www.subsea7.com Hammersmith, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Subsea 7 Reviews in United Kingdom

Subsea 7 – Houston – “Project Celebrating "End of Offshore" Phase”

Not yet rated.

Jean Cahuzac

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Subsea 7 rocks! Its my perfect job

Vessel Superintendent (Current Employee)
    Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

ProsGrowing company investing in front end technology, great teams and for me, its all about the ships

ConsI can't think of anything significant, I'm apprehensive that as the company grows it is adopting some of the stifling processes I endured at GE, obsessions with compliance, integrity etc - necessary but the balance needs to be correct

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd like to see a more positive move into renewables; continue to invest in fleet modernisation, invest in simplified, unified systems, maintain benefits and introduce staff share save scheme

Strung along and got rid of

Businsess Support (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsExciting technical company to work for with exciting projects and global opportunities.
    Excellent facilities and capability to execute their projects through out the world

ConsContractors are not treated well. Temporary staff are criticised for not putting in overtime.
    It is not how well you perform in the role it is whether your manager likes you. If they don't there is a culture of just "getting rid of" people so they can get someone else in.
    No development for those who are enthusiastic and good performers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your contractors and staff with some humanity. Just because certain managers don't get on with people is not a reason to exit someone giving a bogus reason only to recruit for a new person within a few weeks.
    Office politics are awful - management flaunt their superiority and are not good with dealing with their contractors.

More Political than Westminster

Cost Controller (Current Employee)
    Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

ProsWorld class vessels, interestng workscopes. Able to learn from people across a number of disciplines. Good social events to keep you occupied

Consit genuinely is who you know here, not what you know. Whether things are right or wrong it expected you just do it anyway. Very bureaucratic and autocratic.
    The social side often interferes with the professional in a negative manner.
    Recruitment policies somewhat questionable and again comes down to who you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at what's actually going on

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quality and safety in decline

Offshore Project Crew (Current Employee)

ProsSee the world and get paid, albeit below the market rate.

ConsDog is wagging the tail. Offshore Staffing (HR) consistently damage the operation's quality and safety by driving down morale and forcing out experience. Sure, recent taxation policy changes and deception hasn't helped but the crux is Offshore Staffing's attitude to the people who earn their wages. For an HR function they behave as frustrated lawyers/offshore managers and run a cartel.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace more trust in your offshore management teams and look to reduce the numbers in offshore staffing.

Worked for Subsea 7? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Subsea 7 reviews and ratings in United Kingdom — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Subsea 7 CEO Jean Cahuzac. All reviews posted anonymously by Subsea 7 employees.