Suburban Collection

Updated May 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David T. Fischer

Best In the Mid West the Collection lives .

Lube Tech, Detail Used Car (Former Employee)
    Novi, MI

ProsPutting the customer first !

ConsNever letting No being the answer.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think what you all do for the Collection is number

IT FELT LIKE A REAL HOME FAMILY SETTING ,GREAT EXPERIENCE

Used CAR DETAIL (Former Employee)
    Farmington Hills, MI

ProsHey steve ,i just took my car in for auto service and guess what it was the best
    best ownership experience ever you should check it out.

ConsLike a family we work together to overcome are challenges, as part of the
    suburban collection family problems are alway going to come up but as
    a team we will fix it right the first time.

Advice to Senior Managementsometime you got to ,think about the people who has given the years
    there to put the company on top ,it's not always the way others say it
    is,

I LOVE working for The Suburban Collection!

Inventory Manager (Current Employee)
    Troy, MI

ProsWith a career mind set the sky is the limit! Everything that The Suburban Collection has to offer is a Pro!!!

ConsNo cons working for The Suburban Collection!!!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing place to work!!! Been working at the Suburban Collection for 10 plus years!!!

Manager (Current Employee)
    Farmington Hills, MI

ProsThe opportunities are endless for those willing to work hard, learn, follow the process, and take care of customers. So many current employees in management and senior management capacities started with the company in entry level positions. Hard work pays off working at the Suburban Collection!!!

ConsNo Cons working for this company!!

unprofessionalism and discrimination

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is no pros to this company. God forbid if you have a handicap or an injury. Worst hiring practices I have ever seen. Run don't walk away from this company. There are better dealerships to work for out there

Consthey have discriminatory hiring practices. Make promises they refuse to keep. never return phone calls. Problems are handled in the worst way. They definitely should be investigated!

I love coming to work!

Sales and Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsManagement is flexabile, and allows you to take the time you need for family. We are free to be creative and think outside the box. I feel very supported and management has my back. We work as a close knit team, and we all work together very well.

ConsFeedback about performance is lacking. We don't always know if we're doing things well. The communication could be better. The benefits are ok, but it does take a big chunk out of our paychecks to pay for health insurance if you have a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication, and more feedback would be appreciated.

I had a generally positive experience working at this company.

Automotive Technician (Former Employee)
    Stuart, FL

ProsThis is a quality establishment where management listens to their employees. There is a genuine effort to make the workplace a pleasant one. Conflicts are resolved in a timely manner and there is room for advancement and growth.

ConsSometimes the management can be too rigid, distant and dismissive. It seems to be a policy of sorts which makes it difficult to work up the courage to bring matters to the attention of the management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved and trust will be easier to earn. That's about it really. The company treated me well.

Awful, in more ways than I could explain here!

Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee)
    Troy, MI

ProsMost of the employees that you work with are pretty cool fun people, until you get to management. Discount on parts and service.

ConsWill not give you your last pay check! Make up excuses to steal it, upper management might as well dissappear because if uou email or call they will not return them! Dave Fischer and Bart Debrow!! Will not transfer you To stores out side of the group they fit in. Your district manager will lose you before transferring to a store out of his control because thy have too much training invested in you. Too many hours, too many mandatory weekends, even if you request it months in advance they will
    Not give you the end of the month off!, Teach you to lie to customers by telling them products are on vehicles they are not, put managers against thier salesman because managers hit thier money by quantity and sales get paid on margin! If too many people hit bonuses they will
    Make them harder to get .. Last year back end bonus was hit if you averaged $600 which was really hard to hit less then. 10% did but that was too much so now $700!! Or nothing, horrible
    Benefits that are expensive. I paid over $300 a month for thier benefits and still had to pay $250 a mint when I went to physical therapy cause thier medical coverage was upsurd! Management will
    Be little you and some will even curse and scream at the employees! Awful place to work !!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees!! Happy employees make better employees! You treat yours like garbage and that is why you can not keep good people and everyone wants out!!

Hard work, long hours

SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsGood pay and good opportunity

ConsLong hours and not much family time

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to be less of a corporate environment.

It was ok, but alot of work.

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
    Ann Arbor, MI

ProsIt has the potential to make large amounts of money over the course of time. However, you must work a lot of hours and be dedicated to making it work.

ConsAt times, management could come off as aggressive. However, Sr. Management does a good job of keeping everything in check.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the development of employees in regards to comp. Knowing this is a cut-throat business, I feel like keeping more of a focus on the "revolving door" is critical to the company's longevity.

Worked for Suburban Collection? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Suburban Collection reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Suburban Collection CEO David T. Fischer. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Suburban Collection employees.