Subway Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Subway President Fred DeLuca
Fred DeLuca

Pros
  • Good coworkers & almost free food (in 98 reviews)

• For the most part very flexible hours (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Usually just minimum wage for pay (in 99 reviews)

• cleaning, not much room for advancement - stuck at minimum wage indefinitely (in 19 reviews)

1. Great starting job

Former Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Subway part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team members, food after your shift, greet people everyday, only even remotely stressful during lunch and dinner rush

Cons

no "leaders", turnover was extremely fast pace.

Advice to Management

If you make your employees feel irreplaceable then they will work that way. Same the other way around.

2. Good work, but literally everyone I worked with quit because of the highly unprofessional, dishonest ways of our bosses.

Current Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Subway part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy making sandwiches, especially because every day offers an opportunity to get faster and better at it. I enjoy meeting people every day and getting to know the "regulars". I really like my four coworkers. The work isn't too hard.

Cons

The "big bosses" are nightmares. They do not filter what they say and have offended my coworkers to the point of suing. They have also deceived 2 of my coworkers into staying at the job by promising raises, which said coworkers did not ever receive after taking the bribes. We've been in between store managers for 2 months, and the store owner and supervisor have done nothing to fix it. Although we're a slow store, I've been left alone for over 3 hours with no one to help me serve a whole line of people. My admirable coworkers have worked loyally and skilfully at the Subway for anywhere from 1-8 years, but have received minimal raises and benefits. There are NO benefits besides something to put on your resume, job experience, an employee "meal" each day (one 6-inch sub, pizza, or salad), and 10% off all Subway purchases (which doesn't come to be that much). Almost every day our store runs out of an essential menu item (such as cheddar cheese or chocolate chip cookie dough balls), because management does not want to use the money to buy us the correct supply of what we need. Instead they borrow the minimal amount needed from other local Subways, and the items then run out again shortly. Customers get upset about it, and I feel awful because I have to tell them there's nothing I can do to fix it. The store owner is so stingy that (s)he won't even fix our store heaters; my coworker and I have had to rub our hands together to try to keep warm all day in these cold months. The job isn't worth it for the way we are treated. I'm a great worker and get so many compliments from customers, but cannot see a future with this job. Like my coworkers, I will go somewhere where I am appreciated and handled professionally. I hope that other stores are managed more fairly and humanely than the unfortunate string of stores under our store owners are.

Advice to Management

Regulate your Subways better, please! I'm sure there are Subways that are run better and more professionally elsewhere, but my bosses are seriously corrupt. Nothing is done about it.

Showing 2 of 1,734 reviews