Subway Reviews

1429 reviews filtered by
1,429 Reviews
Subway President Fred DeLuca
Fred DeLuca

Pros
  • At the right franchise you will get free food which is a huge bonus if you're making subway wages (in 98 reviews)

• Flexible hours if you are up front right away about what you need (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • They want you to work for minimum wage while being given more and more responsibility (in 99 reviews)

• You don't get paid much above minimum wage, and there is not much room for advancement (in 19 reviews)

1. good work

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at Subway (less than a year)

Pros

Nice environment to work in

Cons

Can be monotonous at times

Ugh it was ugh ya know kind of ugh I guess but maybe it would have been kind of I think it was pretty ya know someday

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Bon, AZ
    Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Bon, AZ

I worked at Subway part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Still ugh I guess unless you want to bd a sandwich artist sandwiches sandwiches blf NLT Bly Bly blf Bly Bly.

Cons

Sandwiches. Meatball. NLT. Veggie. Others that I can't remember. Pizzas that they called flat izzard which was weird of them.

Try to serve good food. And no filler in your meat. Geez I wonder what is in the meatballs,

3. Great experience. Not the best pay but overall not a bad experience.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in North Ridgeville, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in North Ridgeville, OH

I have been working at Subway

Pros

Excellent opportunities to move up within franchise. Able to get to know co-workers, management, and franchises very well. Very flexible with schedules. Food allowance policy.

Cons

While it is very easy to move up within franchise, there is only so much you can do.

Communication with team members/staff is key to success.

5. Opportunities are endless, and you get out what you put in! Must have a great attitude and work ethic!

Current Employee - Multi Unit Manager in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Multi Unit Manager in State College, PA

I have been working at Subway full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is unlimited growth up the career ladder. Health benefits is one of the most exciting benefits along with bonuses, paid time off, etc.They really go above and beyond to make sure that their staff, from the top down, is satisfied and happy!

Cons

Because this is a global chain, certain roll-outs or new innovations are implemented too quickly, and negatively impact the customers experience, as well as keep it difficult for the management to train the crew on. Some more notice on certain things could be extremely beneficial.

Nothing personal about the company itself, but managing in a college town, turnover can be high. Restaurant Managerment weekly schedule can be a little crazy with the amount of time you must devote to it, especially if you're temporarily short staffed, but keep your chin up! It's the nature of the beast, and it always gets better!!

If you work hard, you will reap the rewards! Franchisees may differ, but the one I worked for for almost a decade (9.5 years) genuinely cared about my well being, not just the numbers. Run your store like you own it, and care for your crew as much as you care for your customers!

Could be better

Current Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Ottumwa, IA
    Current Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Ottumwa, IA

I have been working at Subway full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free sandwich every shift, full time and responsibilities. Nice coworkers and managers

Cons

Everything is very disorganized. I feel like I put in 200% and always have promises of raises and promotions and nothing ever happens. The turnover is so high and I understand why. I work my butt off and do not feel like it's worth it anymore.

Show the employees appreciation if they deserve it. If you promise a raise, give it. You will just keep running good employees away by working them to the bone with no reward.

I was a sandwich artist.

I worked at Subway

Pros

Easy-going work environment and there was always something to do.

Cons

Inflexible schedule, understaffed, and sometimes disorganized

8. Fun place to work in

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Subway part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had the opportunity to learned about registers audits, scheduling, money counting, and manage individuals with daily responsibilities. The most difficult part of my job was working nights and weekends. However, the most exciting part of my job was meeting new people.

Cons

This is a place of business for a person who needs a first job, deff not a career this is an unprofessional workplace and often has health inspectors come and check it out

The management was so poor i was practically doing everything but the scheduled. Sometime we wouldn't even know when we work. some clerks had really bad pr skills as well.

9. Fun work environment

I worked at Subway

Pros

Free food and I liked the people I worked with. It was a great starting job and I liked it

Cons

There was not many cons except that the owner of the store was a mean guy that paid horribly and was too frugal and flirted with customers

My advice would be to not flirt with customers. It is very unprofessional and you should not do that

10. Same routine everyday, never worked with a manager, chaotic communication flaws when things went wrong

Former Employee - Senior Sandwich Artist in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Sandwich Artist in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Subway

Pros

Good hours, good pay (raises), loved the staff, loved the regulars

Cons

Miscommunication, wouldn't get requested days off months in advance, drama

Be more present in your store, it shouldn't be so difficult to reach management when something is going wrong

Minimum wage, general labor type work that is fun, having the chance to interact with customers makes it O.K.

Current Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Jim Thorpe, PA
    Current Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Jim Thorpe, PA

I have been working at Subway

Pros

Being able to interact with customers, good supervisors.

Cons

Low-wage, no benefits, not really any room for promotion.

Perhaps look into raising pay more often than $0.50 per 2 years of dedicated, loyal service.