SuccessEHS

2.6

W. Sanders Pitman

Relaxed Atmosphere

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I worked at SuccessEHS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Office culture. Friendly, Caring environment. Family environment. Flexible work schedule for developers. Fair salaries and decent benefits. Ownership was concerned with developing the best product rather than immediate returns on investment.

Cons

Company was recently bought, combined with other companies, and restructured, releasing 1/2 the non-managerial workforce. That in and of itself is not necessarily a Con (unless you were released of course!), but this leaves much uncertainty in the immediate future.

Worst experience of my life.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Birmingham, AL

I worked at SuccessEHS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you need something to tide you over, this may be for you.

Cons

Management is horrible. They talk a good game about how your family is the most important thing and blah blah blah, but try taking a day off to care for a sick child. Middle management is largely composed of semi adolescent tyrants a la Office Space. The customer support management was the worst.

No room for individual growth

I worked at SuccessEHS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits were robust, leniency with time-off requests by managers, management eases you into you work as best they can, team oriented environment

Cons

No training offered for professional development, workload was consistently too heavy, underpaid for the amount of responsibility that upper management holds you accountable for, unrealistic deadlines, other employees could sometimes be incompetent

Actually follow your company values, offer formal supplemental training for employees who wish to further their careers with professional development, give employees raises that include more than the cost of living, and improve communication between departmental teams.

Horrible mid-level management, and hours not conducive to having separate work and home life.

Former Employee - Systems Implementation Engineer in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Systems Implementation Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I worked at SuccessEHS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Casual work environment, jeans and tennis shoe types. Most coworkers (with same titles etc and not middle management) are very friendly and offer assistance with training and problem resolution.

Cons

They expect you to be available at all hours to complete upgrades. We routinely would not start an update until 9pm and would be up until 2am and then were expected to be back at our desk at 7am. Mid-level management is bad about taking credit for work and not being fully up to date on procedure/technology used.

You need to require middle managers to keep up to date with certifications and the technology being implemented. Too many times while I was there we were made to be able to use all the technology that we would send to a client and the managers had no working knowledge of the devices/servers themselves.

Great for Experience But Not For a Career

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I worked at SuccessEHS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a very friendly company and if you are new to the tech world or the healthcare IT world this is a great company to get your feet wet. There are a lot of people and everyone is willing to help out when you are first getting started with learning your role as well as helping you understand the software better.

Cons

As I said, this is a great company to get experience, and I really did find my time there invaluable because it helped me get the job that I have today. But DO NOT stay here for more than 1-2 years. Get the experience and get out of there, in certain departments you can move up quickly or transfer over to different departments, but they pay is substantially low...Even for Alabama standards. Similar companies are paying way more than EHS. The other con would be that they just fired 88 people last week because they were "acquired" aka bought out by a bigger company called Vitera. So a lot of great people are currently without jobs because of this company. So to end this review, like I said if you are new to the industry or are young looking for a job that can be a stepping stone to better jobs down the road, than this company is for you! If you have experience and value yourself as an employee, go ahead and keep looking for a better place for an actual career.

Review

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at SuccessEHS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoy working with the people that I work with. As a matter of fact, that is what has kept me in the company as long as it has.

Cons

We dont get paid enough. We didnt have enough training for the amount of information we were expected to know to be able to assist our clients adequately. You get thrown into the deep end, and are expected to make it work.

Customer Support needs to be structured differently, and needs better management.

Job

I have been working at SuccessEHS

Pros

Good overall experience for begining of your IT experience. Get a lot of Server and Admin work. Remote Desktop work also.

Cons

A lot of workload for the pay and a very high turn over rate. People always coming and going in the field of IT there.

One sentence? I'd need as much paper as the clients we teach to scan everything because the system "won't support it"

Current Employee - The One They Have Given Me Isn't What I Really Do Anyway in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at SuccessEHS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I'm trying to come up with a pro that will meet the 20 word minimum requirement for this entry. There! I did it!

Cons

- Sr Management used to be involved, care (I think) and listen
    - Middle Management is simply a joke...no clue how to manage/what they are doing
    - Not one person "above" you will back you up when you have a good idea, concept, input, etc. to anyone "above" them
    - I can understand why the above listed item is true...the higher "above" you go the farther from reality you get
    - Pay/compensation is horrible at best
    - 1-3% raises and a free ham at Christmas...for working 6-7 day weeks and 12-16 hour days
    - Mr Featheringill's unfortunate passing was the final bullet. EHS as it was, all of his vision, all of his passion, died with him
    - Some of the best employees EHS has ever had have been let go, left on their own, or are about to walk/run out of the door
    - Why? EHS doesn't care about its employees, their families or family life, work conditions, fair treatment, feedback, etc.
    - They certainly don't care about the client... They out on a good front, but almost any client would tell you the same
    - it is beyond me how it has sustained life as a company, much less grown, and moreover, how it has any quality employees left
    - My prediction? It won't sustain life much longer, it's employees are leaving by the droves, and its clients are or would if they hadn't invested so much money into what is essentially a billing software they want clinicians to use
    - very very sad for all involved, sans Sr Management and their respective pay/payouts from the acquisition by Vitera

See Cons list. You've heard it all before...

Great company and staff!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at SuccessEHS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company is not for you if you are a slacker or just want to blend in. You are expected to contribute and employee ideas for process improvement and bettering the product are welcome. The company has a family feel even as it has grown and everyone is willing to lend a hand. Company is very focused on customer satisfaction.

Cons

Pay is not as high as some other companies but It is a trade off for great benefits and coworkers and stability.

Invest in employees with training opportunities and incentives for great performance.

Software Testing

Current Employee - Software Testing in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Software Testing in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at SuccessEHS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

constant work on new projects and bug fixes

Cons

low pay for the position. all similar positions offer starting pay of 15K higher than here. and no raises just a 1-3% increase yearly to cover increases in insurance costs.

Increase pay to standard going rates for the positions. After a few years, offer incentive raises for years worked.