SuccessFactors Reviews

Reset
3.6
SuccessFactors President, Cloud & On Premise HR Mike Ettling
Mike Ettling

Pros
  • Work from Home, work life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Interesting work - great people (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance can be difficult (in 22 reviews)

• Leadership is lacking since SAP acquisition (in 9 reviews)

1. Very positive and uplifting environment!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced culture with many opportunities for employees! The executive management team is very forthcoming with information. SuccessFactors promotes a can-do attitude and strives to make their employees feel appreciated! (A very nice change from my previous company!)

Cons

Large global organization, so it is often difficult to meet everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! SuccessFactors ROCKS! Continue to believe in your employees and treat them with respect.

Dynamic Environment = Lots of problems

Current Employee - Professional Services Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Professional Services Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from home opportunities, autonomy

Cons

Inter-departmental issues. NO ONE takes ownership and PS is left holding the bag. Upper management knows there are issues but ignores them - weak executive management doesn't address the key frustration with why people hate it here. Lack of accountability and ownership among departments; no one is focused on working together to fix issues.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to death by 1000 papercuts - that's causing your smart employees to burn out. Don't let people get away with ignoring issues until they are escalated to the CEO.

Dog-eat-dog culture.

Former Employee - Former Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a former employee at Plateau when we were bought by SuccessFactors. SuccessFactors is a large company with good benefits. The company seems to be very successful and the people I worked with were mostly great, but most of them were former Plateau employees. As Plateau was a good company witha lot of smart, great people, SuccessFactors benefitted by buying Plateau from a personnel standpoint.

Cons

As I was a Plateau employee, when we were bought by SuccessFactors, the culture of the company changed almost immediately. The unspoken motto of this company seems to be "throw someone under the bus before they have a chance to throw you." Lots of arrogance, fingerpointing, desperation with little accountability. During our first meeting with our new parent company, the management/execs there from SuccessFactors seemed to be excited about the company but none of it seemed genuine. It was even a little cultish. Also, they have this liberal leave policy where you don't have a set number of Paid Time Off hours. Instead, you ask your supervisor if you can take time off and then you have to make sure your job is being done while you're on vacation, even if that means doing your job on vacation. They try to sell it as this wonderful benefit but, in truth, they just don't want to pay out accrued vacation time to employees who resign.

Advice to Management

Be real with employees. Be accountable. Allow employees to have personal lives without expecting them to sacrifice everything to the god of SuccessFactors.

review

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place if you are in the right position. Compensation and benefits good. And people generally nice.

Cons

Very easy to get pigeon holed into a position, and very tough to get out of. Growth is bad. Not everywhere, just in PS. Time sheets and expense reporting very cumbersome.

Advice to Management

Too many mid-level managers. This needs to be thinned out.

6. Hire some leaders

I have been working at SuccessFactors

Pros

Great people who work hard, casual environment, cool projects, passion for the work. Fun place with great benefits.

Cons

This place is run sort of like high school, where the popular kids get all the attention and accolades and promotions. Everyone (even the popular kids) have way too much work on their plates. Forecasting includes no bench time and the best employees get burned out because they care so much.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and create some repeatable processes.

7. Not the best but due to the economy no choice

I have been working at SuccessFactors

Pros

Casual dress work environment, can take off when needed, decent work environment.

Cons

very lax management, does not plan ahead/rushes at the last minute, and management will not take responsibility.

Advice to Management

Do not side talk out your mouth, you have no idea you are full of it and we know it. Offer more growth opportunities.

RSS Feed </> Embed