SuccessFactors

SuccessFactors Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

SuccessFactors President Shawn Price

Shawn Price

Pros
  • ment proviuded (phone, Ipad etc), ability to work from home, and some good people(in 13 reviews)

• Great people, can-do attitude shared around most functional groups(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • SAPs purchase of Successfactors has negatively impacted Work/Life balance(in 22 reviews)

• SFSF is a pay-for-performance company so one of the key tasks is setting and achieving specific goals each year(in 5 reviews)

Weak Products, Weak Management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsNice workplace with good amenities and benefits. The CEO is courageous and is a great leader.

ConsNo proper product strategy in place. The products are slow, buggy, and lack ideas. What is alarming is that the company is filled with unqualified management that is slowly rusting the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire top management talent across the organization to light the fire and once again make SuccessFactors a leader not a laggard.

Very positive and uplifting environment!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsFast-paced culture with many opportunities for employees! The executive management team is very forthcoming with information. SuccessFactors promotes a can-do attitude and strives to make their employees feel appreciated! (A very nice change from my previous company!)

ConsLarge global organization, so it is often difficult to meet everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! SuccessFactors ROCKS! Continue to believe in your employees and treat them with respect.

High Turnover Rate for a Reason

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsCool Product that can impact an organization
    Good coin for reps who perform

ConsWhen a company professes its tenets on placards all over the walls, it's code for "We'll get great press for these, but that's not really what we're like." Zero work-life balance (unless you consider 60-70 hours/week acceptable) and one of the most political environments I've ever seen. Recruiters will quote you a much lower turnover rate than what really exists. It was a good company "in the early days" but changed as it got bigger and went public.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and reward cooperation internally; build bridges instead of dams.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

"No Jerks Policy"

RSM (Current Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsSuccessFactors is a leader in the market with a rich parent supporting our efforts. When the machine is lubricated and in motion, it's next to impossible to stop the momentum. Very powerful! Listening to the CEO, Lars and Bill is inspirational and they have a great way of motivating you to believe you can do it (whatever "it" is).

ConsI normally don't rant like this but I am sooooo disappointment in my Kool-aide high going down and what the real deal is that I had to tell you to beware of the hype. Just because they have a "No Jerks" policy and it's on the way means absolutely nothing.

This is a Performance Management Company that doesn't even use their own tools and consequently, there is no true goal alignment, employees feel disengaged and under-valued, and the moral is low. Training at SF is a bootcamp where 65% of the material is irrelevant to your actual job and then they have you do a volunteer event to feel warm and fuzzy. You're then expected to get all the training you need from outdated recorded sessions and everyone is too busy to actually answer your questions. To top it off, selling a product where the implementation may/may not go well and the customer service leaves much to be desired causes the sales reps to questions the integrity of what they're selling to customers.

Low work-life balance and sales team is stressed out because management bullies them with territory re-assignments and micromanagement. There is a WFH policy however it is only given to some sales reps while others are forced to be in the office (favortism). These under-performing same reps are also allowed to build up existing accounts while others are all net new. Solution Consultants that want to be sales reps fight against supporting the sales team the way they need it and management hasn't figured out how to make the relationship work. The successfactors' sales team cannot tell you that they honestly have a clue what direction the company is headed, it's the end of Q1 and no comp plan has been shared (wtf!), and the finance team can't get the commissions right.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's really start "drinking our own champagne"
    Stop being jerks!
    Stop Micromanaging
    Stop the favortism and politics of fighting over bread crumbs.
    figure out that your CRM was wayyyyy better with Salesforce.com and drop the crap you're using today. Lastly, try communicating with the employees (for real this time) and give them a chance to have a voice in how their job/life will be impacted.

Plenty of opportunity to acquire new skills

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsVery easy to move around teams to work on interesting projects, fair compensation, good work life balance

Consneed to improve some processes so that things move faster

Advice to Senior Managementplease spend a little bit more on employees stuff like food, commuting options etc.

Dynamic, fast-passed, daring, in other words: crazy (in a good way)

Senior Instructional Designer (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsFlexible work hours
    Challenging work environment that rewards your efforts to achieve excellence
    "Everybody is your team" type of mentality
    You see and feel that you are contributing to the business an other employees on day 1!
    Great benefits

ConsMight be too fast for some, but not a con!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep encouraging innovation, rewarding excellence, and maintain that open culture that makes SuccessFactors so unique! What a blessing it is to be a part of SuccessFactors!

Morale going down, down, down, gone......

Lead Engineer (Current Employee) South San Francisco, CA

Pros- Very strong Talent suite
    - powerful sales machine. Able to sell vaporware better than any company I know.

Cons- Tremendous low morale, at least, at the San Mateo/SSF office
    - oblivious to technical challenges. Their solution is to throw more people at difficult to solve problems, and often incompetent or mediocre people.
    - Difficult to hire in the San Mateo/SSF, being exacerbated by the high rate of attrition.
    - As expected, projects are moving offshore to either Shanghai or Bangalore; not by choice, but by necessity.
    - The SAP acquisition only made matters worse

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a tough road ahead. I hope you recognize it.

Its what you would expect from a company that has made acquisitions and was then acquired

Project Manager (Current Employee) Minnetonka, MN

Prosdecent benefits, career growth potential, nice benefits such as healthy food fridge

Consburned out people
    people that are forced to change through acquistion

Advice to Senior Managementstart by building a foundation, stop wasting time patching.

Great ride so far

Platinum Support Account Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsWork is rewarding
    Great benefits
    Everyday is something new

ConsLittle recognition
    Difficult to take vacation
    Work/life could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementConduct 360 reviews. Get a better understanding of who the week players are and put them on PIPs or get rid of them.

Everyday is an adventure.

Video Producer (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsGreat benefits and everyone is so nice.

ConsThere is a lack of process and sometimes feels disorganized.

Worked for SuccessFactors? Contribute to the Community!