SuccessFactors

SuccessFactors Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jun 16, 2014

SuccessFactors President Shawn Price

Shawn Price

Pros
  • ment proviuded (phone, Ipad etc), ability to work from home, and some good people(in 13 reviews)

• Great people, can-do attitude shared around most functional groups(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • SAPs purchase of Successfactors has negatively impacted Work/Life balance(in 22 reviews)

• SFSF is a pay-for-performance company so one of the key tasks is setting and achieving specific goals each year(in 5 reviews)

78 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good product lines, great people, lose a bit of its focus after being acquired by SAP.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat people, can-do attitude shared around most functional groups. Cloud is in the company's DNA. This is a place to be to learn as much about Cloud products.

ConsThe environment is too distributed, your team likely spans 3-4 timezones/countries. Not all teams match the demands, which caused quite a bit of conflicts. Quite a bit of "protecting my territory" around groups/teams. The company lost its focus & agility post SAP acquisition.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch out for those single-point-of-failure situations. There are quite a few of that.

Times have changed, not a good place to be

Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsThe company used to be transparent, open, full of team work and spirit. The good ole days are gone.

ConsSAP really took over the company culture to start 2014 and it has been a train wreck. There is no SF identity anymore. SAP is completely disconnected to SuccessFactors market needs, they have just been making the company more SAP like....but they could have stood to gain much more if they leveraged SF strengths more effectively.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to make SF, SAP. The company was awesome and had great market presence before you began bleeding it.

Boys Club - Kiss Up to The Right Ones

N/A (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood pay - but does it matter when there is nothing but a self-promoting, backstabbing culture.

ConsPolitics, self-promotion, every person for themselves, old hardline Oracle-style dog eat, dog world.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone - it's over for them! The management team (from the beginning and whatever is left) is focused on one thing - how do I ingratiate myself to SAP management? Nothing else matters to them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast Paced Company - Process Challenged

ProsGreat Product, Smart People, Time-Off, New Building

ConsWork-Life Balance, SAP/SFSF Culture Clash

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain the cloud DNA

No work life balance

Individual Contributor (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsFree food, nice offices, all employees get iPads, cell phones, lots of flexibility for remote workers

ConsThey give you cell phone and Ipad and allow working remote because they want to be able to contact you 24x7; no work/life balance. They are part of SAP

Advice to Senior ManagementYou blew it by being acquired by SAP

Need Better Customer Service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsEvery company could use this kind of technology.
    Great work space and very intelligent coworkers.

ConsIn my opinion, customer service was sacrificed for growth and now the customer experience is often poor. Small issues continue to get overlooked and never get fixed. Competition has caught up and true innovation has slowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the little things and focus more on customer (and employee) retention.

High hopes then business as usual

Program Manager (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsLots of promise when I joined - we were driving Cloud for SAP. Very exciting to be a part of that. Working with smart people who know how to get things done. Amazing new office with all the perks. Interesting, varied work. Felt that my contributions were valued.

ConsEverything changed when Lars left the company. A long period of assurances from senior management both at SuccessFactors and SAP, but little action as key people ran for the door. When the dust settled, things were very different as SAP exerted more and more influence. The "transparent" culture turned out to be not so transparent after all. And, very disappointed to see that despite having products that purport to help people work differently, the day to day business behaviors were pretty much like every other company I've worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake faster decisions - you let too many people get away while you were figuring out what to do

A good place to start your career

SDR (Current Employee) South San Francisco, CA

Pros-Gain tons of industry knowledge
    -Work with some bright individuals
    -Lots of perks: benefits, lunches, electronics (IPAD, laptop, cell phones)
    -They take care of their employees
    -Andrew at the front desk is amazing
    -Upper management is always available to talk
    -Lot of volunteering opportunities within the company

Cons-Not a clear career path
    -Not enough hands on training
    -High attrition rate

Advice to Senior Management-Implement more training's
    -Hold on to top talent

Great company

Communications/Marketing (Current Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsExcellent company culture, friendly people, great WFH benefits.

ConsCan be disorganized working across the company, long processes going through SAP.

The most negative politically charged job in my career. Management too busy in sel-indulgences.

Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsTalented field level personnel. Good money.

ConsPolitics; gamesmanship; inexperienced mid level managers. Dysfunctional relationships. Self promotion at its best!

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend several years in leadership development and learn integrity.

Worked for SuccessFactors? Contribute to the Community!