SuccessFactors

SuccessFactors President Shawn Price

Shawn Price

50 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Team

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsIt was a great work environment with a lot of team collaboration and team building events. This was before the SAP acquisition, so I'm not sure if the culture changed.

ConsAlmost all of the marketing department (including me) were contract workers with no benefits. Not much possibility of becoming an employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt may have been fixed, but full time employment with benefits certainly helps retain good people.

They say "no a%#holes" but they reward them anyway

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsStock price was going in the right direction until being gobbled up by SAP

ConsDisfunctional culture of fear and uncertainty promoted by CEO and his assorted ass kissers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood thing you sold it to SAP.

The promise of no a-holes doesn't apply to upper management

Employee (Current Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

Prosgreat people that had joined the compnay

Conshorrid upper management as they don't apply the corporate culture and values

Advice to Senior Managementadhere to your corporate policies

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High Turnover Rate for a Reason

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsCool Product that can impact an organization
    Good coin for reps who perform

ConsWhen a company professes its tenets on placards all over the walls, it's code for "We'll get great press for these, but that's not really what we're like." Zero work-life balance (unless you consider 60-70 hours/week acceptable) and one of the most political environments I've ever seen. Recruiters will quote you a much lower turnover rate than what really exists. It was a good company "in the early days" but changed as it got bigger and went public.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and reward cooperation internally; build bridges instead of dams.

Dynamic, fast-passed, daring, in other words: crazy (in a good way)

Senior Instructional Designer (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible work hours
    Challenging work environment that rewards your efforts to achieve excellence
    "Everybody is your team" type of mentality
    You see and feel that you are contributing to the business an other employees on day 1!
    Great benefits

ConsMight be too fast for some, but not a con!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep encouraging innovation, rewarding excellence, and maintain that open culture that makes SuccessFactors so unique! What a blessing it is to be a part of SuccessFactors!

Plenty of opportunity to acquire new skills

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsVery easy to move around teams to work on interesting projects, fair compensation, good work life balance

Consneed to improve some processes so that things move faster

Advice to Senior Managementplease spend a little bit more on employees stuff like food, commuting options etc.

Everyday is an adventure.

Video Producer (Current Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsGreat benefits and everyone is so nice.

ConsThere is a lack of process and sometimes feels disorganized.

Misleading and befuddled

Customer Support Advocate (Current Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsSome of the brightest, high-performing people work here. People are willing to lend a helping hand when you're in need of assistance. The comp & ben package is very good and there is an "unlimited" PTO plan. A lot of work from home opportunities.

ConsHiring freezes - when your team is under 50% staffing and the workload increases, nobody will help. Before you know it, you will be putting in 12 hour days. There's a lack of work/life balance that they preach. Incompetent managers who fail to recognize the shortcomings of the team. Too many hoops I have to jump through in order to search information on current products. Lack of processes and procedures and job duties are often blurred between several teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf we drink our own champagne, it's time to own up to it. We have an amazing product, but what good is it if your employees are disgruntled and unhappy and don't have a work/life balance? Provide more headcount so we can adequately support our customers and ask us what we'd like changed.

At least I have some funny stories about it....

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsYoung, talented, energetic employees. Rapid execution of interesting projects.

ConsGiant signs on every wall which read "No A$$h*les! No Whining!" No cubicles or offices, instead everyone seated in one giant room, open table table style. CEO stalks around floor, waving $1000 for anyone willing to resign on the spot. It was like that from the day I began, and never relented.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou'd get a lot more out of your employees if you didn't insist on treating them like cult members. It's Human Resources software, not the cure for cancer.

It is a very open, honest culture with a team that heavily supports each other.

Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsLearning experience - on the cutting edge. Everyone is extremely helpful and giving. Culture is open, honest and all cards on the table. Pay is good, benefits are great. Cloud computing allows freedom to work remotely.

ConsExtremely fast paced, everyone is pushed to the edge to get high billable client time. Very little time for maintenance of self or any "out of the box" specialties the clients should have. Get it done, get it done, get it done. And we do.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more help. Encourage work/life balance. Technical writers to document software changes/directions is absolutely necessary.

Worked for SuccessFactors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SuccessFactors reviews and ratings in San Mateo, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SuccessFactors CEO Shawn Price. All 50 reviews posted anonymously by SuccessFactors employees.