Suddath Companies Reviews

Barry S. Vaughn

1. Manager

Current Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Suddath Companies (Less than a year)

Pros

An employee-centric culture. Truly support and appreciate the people.

Cons

None that I can see so far.

2. Coordinator

Former Employee - Coordinator in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Suddath Companies (More than 3 years)

Pros

They were willing to work with my schedule. This was depending on the schedule of the rest of the department.

Cons

There is not much advancement if you are not in the "boys club" of management.

Advice to Management

Look to seek each persons strengths more

3. Senior Revenue Distribution Analyst

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Suddath Companies (More than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of work to do

Cons

Lack of pay increases. Workload not spread evenly.

Advice to Management

Ask Employees what is needed without thinking they are complaining. Follow thru on verbal promises, ie pay increases. Allow employees to take time off without having to figure out who will cover their work.

Pretty good place to work

Current Employee - MIS in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - MIS in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Suddath Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly coworkers, great benefits, they provide free breakfast options (fruit, granola bars, yogurt, etc.), their inter-department relations are well established and overall they are a very stong company from what I have seen.

Cons

In my experience they are not as well paying as other companies, and they seem to not have a proactive approach to upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Be more open to your employees ambitions and push them to be better everyday.

6. Accounting

I have been working at Suddath Companies

Pros

Good benefits & vacation, flexible hours.

Cons

Unorganized and not easy to work for.

7. Great Company to work for. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Freedom to work without being micromanaged.

Current Employee - Business Development in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Suddath Companies

Pros

Opportunity for growth, fun environment, great mentors, freedom to be yourself.

Cons

Can't think of much. Rapid growth means organizational growing pains..

Advice to Management

Doing a great job keep it up..

8. Wonderful people, reasonable pay, helpful and friendly

Former Employee - Accountant in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Accountant in Eagan, MN

I worked at Suddath Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are such a joy to work with. Very caring and willing to help. They don't micromanage and are willing to give you flexibility to those with families or those dealing with family problems.

Cons

Not always getting what you ask for. If you need more experience in an area and you voice you need xyz for more experience, may not always happen. If you're persistent then maybe it'll pay off. If you're like me, make mention and if they listen they listen and give you what you need to succeed and if not, that's their fault. In the end, it falls on you because they'll see where you are weak so it's up to you to hound those you need to for the training you need if you need more than what was given.

Advice to Management

It's helpful if you don't lose communication in the shuffle of things. It's helpful to reassure a new employee if they're doing ok. Between 3-6 months is a good place to review where more training is needed or where to take on more work etc.

9. OK place to start off working. Would not suggest staying here.

I worked at Suddath Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Willing to hire new college graduates. They have a pretty good health insurance program. Most staff was very nice and helpful. Only had a few issues with some employees. Location was nice (I was not at home office in Jacksonville). My location had me change positions 5 different times. Mostly they were advancements. Only 1 ever came with a pay raise. You can move up, however many managers are set in stone and will be there till they die. Which can be good, and bad depending on if you get along with them. Mine was a fantastic leader.

Cons

Pay was not great. I worked extremely long hours. Sometimes starting at 6am and staying till 6,7,8,9, and even 10pm. I was Salary and thus this was free time for them. This was not always the case. This was because of large projects we had going on or waiting on trucks to show up that were very late or had specific cargo that must be unloaded or loaded. However it happened a lot. Hourly employee's would hit the deck at 5pm, but those of us on Salary were almost made to feel like leaving on time at 5pm was a sin. A few times early on here, my manager would give me items to complete at 4pm that would take about 2 hours to complete. Not a very nice thing to do to someone with barely a year on their belt here. Once I moved up from this position, I did get more experience in many different things. Mostly the pay, and extreme hours were the deal breakers. They also have a knack for keeping outdated systems and practices in place. They keep very old employees who really should retire, and leave us younger willing to do anything employees just hanging on. Get in, get some experience, and move on to another company. The moving industry is tough, and the margins are tight.

Advice to Management

Put money into your equipment. Its hard to make money when trucks/trailers/vans break down on job sites. It also makes us in sales and or dispatch look bad. Overall I know the margins are tight and paying people more for jobs where most of them don't even have a GED is a tough call. But with some more money spent in the right places they could really be leaders. Would also help to let us use our degree's and skills and not have people who can't move on continue doing poor jobs.

10. Great experience

Former Employee - Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Suddath Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and the joy working with people.

Cons

Long hours, not enough communication between departments

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who are helping to coordinate shipments

Borderline dead end..

I worked at Suddath Companies

Pros

Workers become like family. Benefits ok. Meet celebrities.

Cons

No advancement in pay. Always excuse why no raises. Inconsistent hours even when Full-time. Firing at random creates discomfort in level of work.

Advice to Management

Create more incentives for workers. Show more loyalty to workers who take pride in their work. Stop with excuses, give raises and stop buying junk equipment and calling it gold.

RSS Feed </> Embed