Suddenlink Communications

Updated September 4, 2014
3.3

Suddenlink Communications CEO Jerry Kent
Jerry Kent

Pros
  • free cable and internet and a pay check and a work truck to drive home that's about it (in 13 reviews)

• Free cable/internet if you live in one of their markets (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Working in a call center with a robot recording all your calls and rating them (in 8 reviews)

• The used to actually care about the ppl who help run the company, who get the sales for the upper management to get their pay (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Suddenlink Communications - A great place to start your career

Current Employee - CCR-I Tech Support  in  Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - CCR-I Tech Support in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Suddenlink Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to go where you would like if you show you're willing to perform above the required expectation. Great benefits, supervisors, and managers. Understanding when it comes to unexpected personal days. 3 paid holidays per year. Clean suitable work environment. Overall a great place to start a career.

Cons

Occasional griping on the but necessary to efficiently handle issues and provide excellent customer experience.

Hit the phones and take some calls once a year for a week.

Not what it appears to be

Former Employee - CCRI-Tech  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - CCRI-Tech in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Suddenlink Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

The fact that it appeared to be a steady job in today's job market was a big pro.
    They do offer free cable as well as 30 meg HSI. If you want equipment or a phone you had to pay full price.

Cons

Sales sales sales. I was hired in the technical department. I'm not unfamiliar with some mention of services to current customer, but to make my whole job about sales after hiring me as a tech....
    Management doesn't care about the employees. I'm so sick of watching commercials about suddenlink caring. They do what is required to raise a few bucks for local charities so they can hold that status of giving.
    If you aren't on a favored managers list, you're not going anywhere.
    You have to buddy up right away or be fired quickly for not making sales goals or for time which is never fully explained during their 6 weeks of sales training.
    Training which revolves around sales when you're hired as a tech, a GIANT con.

Not much advice you can give to a corporate company that is it in to get rich as fast as possible.

This is one of the New American companies that is all in for the big dollar. Set up camp in the "Right to work" states so they can pay very little and get away with as much mistreatment of employees as possible.

If you knew customer service, you would understand that a happy customer doesn't care about the cost, but the service they receive.
    Stop taking multimillion dollar bonuses for yourselves and put back into the services you provide, you might actually be surprised.
    Also start treating your employees with a little dignity and respect across the board.
    I was a victim of domestic assault. My husband ended up leaving me after robbing me of everything. I missed time over this, after a "Big Meeting" I was let go. SO people oriented, they let me go when I was at the worst moment of my life, no home no car no money and you let me go because it didn't fall into the business plan. But 6 other employees there who missed for silly reasons still have jobs. Management really needs to talk with employees. Get the old managing teams split up and start worrying about employees as well as customers.

Broadband Tech

Former Employee - Broadband Technician I  in  Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - Broadband Technician I in Greenville, NC

I worked at Suddenlink Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment, truly enjoyed company.

Cons

Working hours were sometimes extremely long.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

this was a great opporunity

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES  in  Greenville, NC
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Suddenlink Communications full-time

Pros

I like interacting with people helping them with the service that they would like to have.

Cons

Sometimes it would been a misprint in the sales I have gotten

I think that they should stay in a professional manner.

Good benefits...the pay is not what they say it can be!!(direct sales)

Current Employee - Direct Sales  in  Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Direct Sales in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Suddenlink Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free cable and internet, extra benefits

Cons

Long hours
    Management only cares about themselves
    ETHICS is HORRIBLE..."get the sale no matter what"
    Training is not useful on the field
    pay is based on preformance

Fix everything!

Suddenlink

I have been working at Suddenlink Communications

Pros

the people, great company to work for.

Cons

pay was low for the work done.

Love My Job

Current Employee - Esco Specialist III  in  Parkersburg, WV
    Current Employee - Esco Specialist III in Parkersburg, WV

I have been working at Suddenlink Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working at Suddenlink. When I applied, I didn't think I would get the job... I was 7 months pregnant. They gave me 2 months First Year Medical Leave. When I returned, I was welcomed back and they made sure I was ready to hit the floor on my own, even asking if I would like to shadow someone else for a few days. Most of the supervisors are fantastic and are willing to help with anything you may need. There are online courses you are encouraged to take to improve your skills and knowledge, which I did. Within 9 months, I was offered a position on the Escalation team, dealing with challenging customers and answering agents questions. They seem to really value your family time, even offering shift differential if your shift begins after 11 or if you work both days of the weekend. You also begin earning vacation and sick time as soon as you start, have sufficient training, and upper management is also very friendly. In addition, you get free cable and internet, which is a $300 value. I think that overall, you get out of the position what you put into it.

Cons

As with any customer service position, there are always customers you can't make happy. There is a bit of frustration when it comes to appointment scheduling, but overall, it's still a great place to work.

Keep up the great work!

Great benefits and income potential.

Current Employee - Technical Support  in  Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Suddenlink Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Commissions, Benefits, Co-Workers, Relaxed attire, Opportunity for advancement

Cons

Had to adhere to a lot of metrics, Low base pay, Poor training, Mandatory overtime

Provide better training. I did great when I got to the floor, but the initial trainer was not interested or committed to our team.

Good company

I worked at Suddenlink Communications full-time

Pros

Corporate environment and benefits, plus coworkers.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Over all a great place to work

Current Employee - CSR-Technical Support  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - CSR-Technical Support in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Suddenlink Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benifits, pay. Plus you get free cable and internet.

Cons

Selling in the tech support department is not easy or fun.

Worked for Suddenlink Communications? Contribute to the Community!