Sugar and Plumm, Purveyors of Yumm

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Lamia Jacobs

A great concept and product overshadowed by terrible management and a misguided owner.

Paramus, NJ

Prosemployee discount, beautiful atmosphere, mostly pleasant co-workers

Consprobably the most unprofessional, destructive management I've ever worked with. Additionally, the owner is absolutely clueless about how to run a retail or restaurant environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the favoritism and inappropriate friendships among employees and management. Unfortunately, the only way to accomplish this would be to terminate some of the higher-ups because they will consistently deny that such favoritism exists. Sugar & Plumm has a number of hard-working, honest employees who receive no recognition for their efforts (including staying late because they are picking up shifts for lazy employees who don't feel like showing up). Because of the blatant favoritism that exists here, your work ethic basically means nothing. The favorites are allowed to miss shifts, go home early, and take extended breaks without management batting an eye. The rest of us have to work hard to make up for their laziness while getting no reward or recognition for our efforts. It really is such a shame because the company has the potential to be great (the food, decor, and desserts are exceptional) but until they weed out all the bad apples, they will continue to spoil the whole bunch.

worst job I have ever worked

Paramus, NJ

ProsDelicious, beautiful handmade desserts, chocolates Etc. amazing, handworking dedicated counter staff

ConsToo much gossip, unprofessional, high turn over rate, low paying, unappreciative management, poor leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementNo one believes in teamwork or unity, there is a great lack of respect and too much personal drama being brought in the workplace. Evaluate why so much people quit, it is not normal. Stop fooling yourselves it is bad for business. The management is horrible and ultimately will be the downfall of Sugar & Plumm. Stop screwing people over. karma is a...... God is watching, so be prepared to answer to him when the time comes and the truth about the ugliness, lies, & gossip come to light. Shame on you for treating such hard working employees with disregard.

Horrible place to work.

Paramus, NJ

ProsThe discount and the customers.

ConsThe owner does not trust the staff and she's constantly watching through the cameras paranoid. Upper management treats the employees really bad and there is no communication at all. Every one wants to be a chief and no indians. The chefs are rude and un-classy and in order for you to be recognized you have to throw everyone else under the bus. Most disgusting place I've ever worked for in terms of core values.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about the minimal dumb stuff and listen to your staff. Get rid of the the horrible chefs and management. Trust your employees, if not I honestly see the company failing.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst job experience .

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYummy desserts, interacting with different people everyday.The store is a beautiful candy wonderland.

ConsGeneral Managment position was handed to the wrong person. This establishment is all about 'favoritism '. As others get talked down to, so phony . Chefs were emberassing often times repremanding employees infront of customers. The owner belelieves that her prices are reasonable and fair meanwhile for one pack of pop rocks it's $1.99 when you can buy 5 pop rocks for the same price at cvs. Customers want to save money when shopping in an "outlet mal' not spend a fortune in a candy store. I see this restaurant sinking like the titanic if Managment and chefs arent changed.

Worked for Sugar and Plumm, Purveyors of Yumm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sugar and Plumm, Purveyors of Yumm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sugar and Plumm, Purveyors of Yumm CEO Lamia Jacobs. All reviews posted anonymously by Sugar and Plumm, Purveyors of Yumm employees.