SugarCRM Reviews

Reset

Sweet Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time

Pros

- I absolutely love the company culture. Sugar hit its 10 year mark this year, but it still maintains a fun, start-up vibe. You can feel how passionate the exec team is, especially our founder, and the enthusiasm among the employees is contagious. Sugar is also very thoughtful to its employees, the exec team will set company milestones and when these milestones are reached, every employee worldwide is rewarded with a gift, some past gifts have been Nexus 7 tablets, mountain bikes, and the huge, 10 year anniversary party at the Bently Reserve in San Francisco. This is a fun and productive way to keep employees engaged and showing how we are valued. - Great benefits. The company is very generous when it comes to contributing to medical costs and offers a really great medical package. Sugar also offers a weekly yoga class just for employees at the beautiful Bay Club gym across the street, a weekly boot camp/kickboxing class, weekly lunches, an annual summer picnic, fun holiday parties, up to $1000 to use towards tuition or classes within your job scope per year, spirit weeks with prizes, volunteer opportunities and partial gym membership reimbursement. - Great people. The company really works to find "true sugas" who live up to our company values. There is even a great recognition program for employees who display our core values - value, innovative, open, integrity and passion - which shows how important these ideals are to the company as a whole. The company has an employee referral percentage at least twice the industry average, which shows that it is a great company to work for. I would definitely recommend working here.

Cons

Growing pains with recent reorgs, but this is to be expected at this point in the company's growth.

Advice to Management

Great benefits and culture, love the new focus on employee training with Sugar University courses, looking forward to the next company milestone gift :-) .

Sweet!

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the culture of the company. There is open communication at all levels and no hang-ups or attitude based on job titles. The company provides an excellent environment for learning and growing oneself. New ideas are welcomed and encouraged. The executive management team has tremendous vision and the company is growing at an unprecedented rate. I see a great future ahead both career-wise and company-wise at SugarCRM!

Cons

As is common with companies on the grow, there are many areas that need improvement. Better/more employees, processes and tools are needed to adjust to the growth as the company turns the corner and moves up.

Advice to Management

Make sure the company is capitalizing on the current momentum and not reading its own press clippings.

The time of my life

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great company values, everyone is really open and happy to help you out. The company is full of amazing and lovely people. My manager was fantastic to me and all of HR were happy to help with whatever problem I had. - Generous benefits package - Many company events for you to get to know people in the company - Free snacks, coffee and free lunch every wednesday. - Tons of free T-shirts. - You can create your own opportunities around the company. - Would very much recommend working here, even though I am leaving. I am purchasing all my stock before I leave. - Tons of committees to join around the company - gym reimbursement.

Cons

The year to year raises were lower than expected (4%). When you negotiate your offer, make sure it is a salary you can be happy with for at least a couple years before you sign, especially if you are an engineer.

Advice to Management

Compensate engineers with their current market value.

Was once a great place but fallen into harder times

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lunch provided once a week with a talk of some sort Drinks and snacks Movie nights Yoga on site shower esop

Cons

work life balance varies greatly from team to team, compensation below average, no 401k matching, no clear paths for career advancement,

Advice to Management

Give employees fare wages. Get in touch with your employees and help foster their growth along with the companies growth.

SugarCRM Response

Sep 12, 2014 – Talent Program Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are proud to be able to offer a highly competitive benefits package that has long been embraced and welcomed by our employees. We encourage ... More

Let's play executive musical chairs!

I have been working at SugarCRM

Pros

The product is decent and there are a few good people at the company.

Cons

Marketing and sales executives are cycled out annually (great tradition!) and the company apparently learns nothing from each experience. Talent retention is something that the company struggles with and it's quite obvious that the problems reside in the areas of culture and compensation.

Advice to Management

Progress in general would be nice to see but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

SugarCRM Response

Sep 12, 2014 – Talent Program Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. SugarCRM is in a pivotal, high-growth phase in the company’s evolution, and with this growth, we will continue to see a consistent level of ... More

After 10 years, company is becoming a start-up again

Former Employee - Developer in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Developer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at SugarCRM part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- experience to carry to another career - challenging to allow individuals with talent to excel and be noticed - possibilities to affect new releases through collaboration - great for internal (cupertino) workers, and many company retreats

Cons

- not enough resources to manage customer support requests - not enough remaining original staff / talent to carry on original SugarCRM traditions - as a open-source offering on the market, not enough feedback from developer community before releasing software

Advice to Management

Needs to find balance with previous SugarCRM culture, and new company start-up model. Find a way to utilize previous customers experiences to guide future development in the product, and company as a whole.

I'm the new CPO. Please reach out to me if you're a current or potential emp w concerns.

I have been working at SugarCRM

Pros

Great people. Great place to innovate. Fantastic market position. I'm working really hard to make sure we're transparent and honest in management.

Cons

Some baggage as a ten year old company, but doing (I believe) a great job of leveraging the assets of age to enable a great future.

Advice to Management

Uh I am management. Please find me if you have advice because I honestly want it, good or bad. Especially bad. I want us to be a great place to work and innovate.

Great potential but constant re-organizations and changes in sales processes.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits...fair pay...smart people. There can be a huge growth for Sugar if people stop playing the blame game when things go wrong.

Cons

very limited career opportunity potential

Great place to work for an engineer!

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're engineer, you'll love working here. Interesting product and challenging problems to solve. Modern technology stack and development practices. My peers are a diverse and talented bunch of engineers who works well as a team. I learn something new everyday. And we're having fun working on software we care about! The benefits are also quite awesome. The company really puts a lot of thought and effort into taking good care of us. There are free lunches, weekly learning/talks on all sorts of topics (both technical or non-technical), free gifts (nexus tablet, bike, and other goodies), movie screenings, workouts, massages, etc. I feel good about the future of SugarCRM. We have a passionate founder CTO who's still devoted to the company 10 years after he founded it. The CEO is a credible, prominent leader who's in command of the financials and operations. There's been great news and developments in the past year or two, and the company is in a terrific position for further growth and innovation!

Cons

SugarCRM has obviously gone through growing pains and tough stretches in the past. This is likely to occur at any company that's been around for 10 years. Senior management seems to be taking these issues seriously and making real efforts improving things overall.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent, especially when changes are made!

The best company I worked in, already more than 5 years here

Current Employee - Staff Software QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice people here I like to work with them. They have great ideas for product Product has potential in the mid market and Enterprise market.

Cons

Under the growing pain from a small company to a big one.

Advice to Management

Better product shape and management, good road map will help to go public sooner.

RSS Feed </> Embed