Sullivan Higdon & Sink

Not yet rated.

Tom Bertels

Great culture and clients

Brand Manager Intern (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

Pros- Great local and national clients
     - Awesome company culture (beer Fridays, tickets to Arrowhead events, birthday celebrations, etc)
     - Friendly, helpful people
     - Management is approachable and open

Cons- Hourly pay on the low end for interns
     - Not much structure for the internship program
     - Always seemed to be someone using the stall when I needed to go to the bathroom

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring passionate people and making sure they stay. Pursue new business and diversify enough to not rely solely on the Sonic account.

I have never felt less welcome in an organization.

Senior Brand Manager (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsWorking with smart people who know their craft and have a passion for the business.

ConsIf you are not "SHS Material", you will never become an "SHS'r" and will never become part of the company or feel welcome at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKill the clicks.

Sheep claiming to not be sheep

ProsSome nice people. Lots of catered lunches and employee getaways. You could do much worse for a job in this area of the country.

ConsSHS needs to learn the Western phrase "All hat, no cattle." This is a very average agency that continually claims to be change agents with their slogan "We Hate Sheep." They should follow their own advice. Look at the work on their website. Besides some really nice stuff for one or two clients, everything is above average at best. And you can imagine how weak the stuff is that doesn't make it on the website. Inside the agency, ideas were dumbed-down for no reason. Disorganized and irresponsible staff. Little-to-no communication. Lies and dishonesty.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your own advice. Simply claiming to be a standout agency, does not make you a standout agency. Follow through on your commitments to your employees. We are not mind readers- if you want us to do something differently, tell us. Treat others as you want to be treated.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people, but not sure what the real goal is.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood individuals who are fun to be around.

ConsSecretive nature. Most aren't trusted with but the most mundane things to think about.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for the employees who are doing the best work, not for the employees who are telling you they are doing the best work.

Worked for Sullivan Higdon & Sink? Contribute to the Community!